Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically configure mailbox regional settings(like Language, locations and time zone) once the mailboxes are created

We need such features like group-based licensing or tenant-level configuration(like Set-OrganizationConfig) to automatically configure mailbox regional settings(locations, timezone and languages) once new mailboxes are created.

We do not want to run the commands every time we create a new mailbox. It is repetitive and time-consuming.

Set-MailboxRegionalConfiguration -Identity "Alice Jakobsen" -Language da-dk -DateFormat "dd-mm-yyyy" -LocalizeDefaultFolderName

$users = Get-Mailbox -ResultSize unlimited -Filter {(RecipientTypeDetails -eq 'UserMailbox')} $users | %{Set-MailboxRegionalConfiguration $_.Identity -TimeZone "Australian Standard Time" –Language en-US }

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable @ mentions on task cards on Planner and ability to edit a comment once posted

I've noticed on the Task Cards via Planner, you cannot @ mention a member to inform them of a task you would like them to action or whatever the request is.
    You aren't allowed to edit a comment once it's been sent, it would be really beneficial to enable editing comments in case there are any typos.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Is there any chance of showing up as an alert within the administration portal regarding user ‘xyz@domain.com’ is suspended from sending due

Is there any chance of showing up as an alert within the administration portal regarding user ‘xyz@domain.com’ is suspended from sending due to Device ID 123456 making too many requests via the REST API? There would seem to be some connection between the device making too many attempts and setting the flag on the user’s account, so in theory there should be a way where the administrators of a tenancy can be advised.

This would enable faster resolution of issues and should be something that the portal should be alerting for.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Configure a transport rule to delete images in the message body

I would like you to implement a new transport rule which can delete images in the HTML messages only when it’s sent externally.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow existing mail flow rule logic to function against html code in emails

Allow existing mail flow rule logic to function against html code in emails. for example if someone enters transparent text that is 0x0 pixel typically this is to add random text to throw the spam filter off. It would be excellent to be able to search the html for this and send to quarantine based on this.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable users who keep signing-in and bypass the MFA option

We experience that the Don’t ask again for X days me checkbox is greyed out which is supposed to be shown when the Allow users to remember multi-factor authentication on devices they trust option is enabled.
    I would like to enable/disable the Don’t ask again for X days me checkbox with keeping sign-in status.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Turn off transcripts on Microsoft Stream videos

Currently the transcript appearing to the right of an uploaded video to MS Stream can only temporarily be turned off by switching it from the video directly. The problem is the next time the video loads, the transcript appears again. Please create a solution to turn it off completely, preferably also on Channel level

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to change DisplayName via Office 365 Portal

Currently, only users with Administrator Role can modify display name in the portal.
    It would be better if users can do so in their My Account page which can be accessed from Office 365 Portal.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to change the content displayed in the Message Center on the new Administration Center home screen to Japanese

The reason for making this post is that the language of the message center added to the home in the old admin center is reflected by turning on [Automatically translate to account language] in [Health]-[Message Center]. Was not reflected in the new management center.
    I hope that this function will be implemented so that you can immediately understand the contents when you open the Administration Center home screen.

今回この投稿をした理由としては、従来の管理センターではホームに追加したメッセージセンターの言語は [正常性] - [メッセージセンター] での[アカウントの言語に自動翻訳] をオンにすることで反映されていましたが、新しい管理センターではまだ反映がされていません。
    管理センターのホーム画面を開いた際にすぐに内容を理解するためにも、こちらの機能が実装されるとうれしいです。

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why Premier support missing for Office 365 Business

There is no premier support for Office 365 Business subscription, why its not available? without this we can not fine root cause of any issue encountered..

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. !!!!! show locked/unlocked status of a site !!!!

If you delete o365 group,spo site still listed in admin console.You can not change settings like external sharing,error comes.
    reason site is locked
    This should be visible in admin console include be able using custom column for filtering.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More Exchange Admin alerts available in Alert Policies section

More Exchange Admin alerts available in Alert Policies section

In the https://protection.office.com/managealerts section there are more alerts available to setup than in https://protection.office.com/alertpolicies.

The only way to access https://protection.office.com/managealerts is by directly using the URL, you cannot navigate to this page via the O365 portal.

For example I cannot setup an alert to alert me when users create a new Inbox rule from OWA via Alert Policies, but I can from the ManageALerts page.

All available alerts in ManageAlerts should be available in Alert Policies.

Also, any alerts I setup in ManageAlerts do not show in my Alert Policies…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Separate Third Party Storage Settings from Office Add-Ins Settings

Please separate the blocking of the Office Add-ins store from the blocking of third party storage providers. Users may wish to prevent third party storage providers (Dropbox) without blocking access to the Office Add-ins store.

Disabling "Allow people to use third-part hosted storage services" under "Office Online" in "Services & add-ins" currently prevents users from installing Office Add-ins that haven't been approved by the Office 365 Admins.

The "Allow people to use third-part hosted storage services" setting is described as "By turning on this feature, people in your organization can use Office Online to open supported types of files that…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expand limit of 150 subdomains

We encountered that there is a limit of subdomains. You can only use maximum 150 subdomains when managing your domain via O365.

We are using subdomains for our customers to access our system, (*****.ourdomain.com ) and now we have this problem where we cant add more customers. We could always move to an other domain/dns supplyer but this comes with some other problesm for us.

So could Microsoft please consider change so that there is a higher limit for subdomains than the 150 thats set now? I don think that would be a major change to do..

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. increase the migration batch hard limitation

it's quite a long time to wait if we just have 100 migration batch at one time

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an admin role which can only see setting value information in admin center

If we could assign an admin role that can only see setting value information in each admin center, admin operations would get much more streamlined and the workload for global admins would be reduced.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep the function to see the Office activated machine name and OS version

I know it is going to be decommissioned but I would like to ask you to keep the function to see the Office activated machine name and OS version in M365 admin center. We often use this feature, so we’ll have a trouble if it’s retired.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to join a distribution group using a QR code

If you are currently joining a distribution group, you must join from Outlook.
    現在ユーザー自身が配布グループに参加する場合は、Outlook から参加する必要がある。
    I think it would be very convenient if users could easily join a distribution group using a QR code.
    QR コードなどを用いて簡単にユーザーが配布グループに参加することができればとても便利だと思う。
    Therefore, I want the function to join a distribution group using QR code.
    そのため、QR コードを用いて配布グループに参加する機能がほしい。

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Setting organization information with PowerShell

PowerShellで組織情報を設定する

Currently, only the technical notification email can be set with PowerShell.
    Because we want to do the initial setting with PowerShell, we want you to be able to set the other setting items of organization information to be possible with PowerShell.

現在、PowerShellで設定できるのは技術的な事項に関する連絡先のみです。
    PowerShellを使用して初期設定を行いたいため、組織情報の他の設定項目をPowerShellで設定できるようにしてほしいです。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 一般ユーザー自身でアカウントの表示名を変更する方法がない

管理者ではなく一般ユーザー自身で[マイアカウント] > [個人情報] の項目を編集できるようにしたいです。
    従来のOutlookの場合は、 [設定] > [全般] > [マイアカウント] からユーザーの表示名を変更することが可能でしたが、新しいOutlookにはなく不便です。

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base