Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Service Health Dashboard notification for a Skype for Business incident which is related Teams

It would be great if you could show information about incidents as Teams service if Skype for Business incident occurring and if the incident is related to Teams in Service Health Dashboard.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rearrange objects in the address book

It would be great if we can rearrange objects (i.e. organization, department) in the address book.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send the approval message to the original sender when the Send message to moderator option is enabled in Transport rule

I would like you to enhance the Send message to moderator option in Transport rule to send the approval message to the original sender when the manager approved the message.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Service Plan Lock on licensing groups

New Service Plans are added to our E3 from time to time.
    We deploy the licenses via Dynamic Group Assignment.
    We trim the Service Plans within the groups to allow only the Service plans that our organization needs
    When a new Service Plan is added, it is automatically enabled by default.
    Here we got the MyAnalytics that got deployed on our organization without our consent and our knowledge. Furthermore, an email sent to all users asking them to go into MyAnalytics Dashboard was sent.

I understand that Microsoft desires to implement new services and that all users enjoy them as…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. alerts mailbox changes

create an alert for when there are any drastic changes on a user's mailbox size

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I hope for a way to view the information for just Microsoft Graph API changes

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Graph API の動作変更を確認するコンテンツを要望します。
    I hope for a way to view the information for just Microsoft Graph API changes

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Graph API ログの動作変更が行われる場合、事前に確認したいが、ロードマップや、メッセージ センターは情報量が多くまた、英語表記であるため作業コストが高くなる。
    Microsoft Graph API の情報に限定されていて、かつ日本語で情報を確認できるコンテンツを用意してほしい。
    I want to know beforehand whenever something is changed for Microsoft Graph API logs, but there is just too much information listed in the roadmaps and message center, and everything being listed in English makes operation costs expensive.
    I hope that a way to view just Microsoft Graph API information will be implemented, and make it so that it can be viewed in the Japanese language.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set show/hide icons in Office 365 portal at user-level

Some icons such as Video in O365 portal cannot be hidden at user-level.
    If we set to hide some icons at tenant-level, this would affect users who are allowed to use them. So, please implement a feature to set show/hide icon at user-level.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can you create an alert when MFA is disabled for a user

Create an Alert when MFA is disabled on a User's account. We have had a couple of instances where MFA was turned off/Disabled and not turned back on. The alert would help other admins to remind them to turn it back on.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Manage/edit DNS records from Admin Center and via Powershell

Currently if a DNS record is managed by Office 365 (Microsoft DNS servers), only new/custom DNS records can be added but existing DNS records cannot be edited. A common requirement is the ability to change the TTL value of an MS-managed DNS record. Currently this is not feasible by design.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. billing

If I procure different services at different times, why can't I get a combined single monthly invoice? For example, I purchase one user licence for O365 Business Premium, and then recently added a further 3 users for Business Essentials; however the latter comes on a separate bill at a separate date. I raised a support request to ask for these to be consolidated on a single monthly bill and was told it wasn't possible. The only suggestion was that I cancel one set of services and then repurchase on the anniversary date of the other set, but I would still…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Want to choose the recipients for the billing notifications

Billing notifications are currently sent to Billing admins and GAs. The notifications may be sent to their e-mail address and alternative contact mail addresses as well, therefore some admins receive two identical notifications.
    I would like to send the billing notifications to one of their addresses. Or I want to have a feature to send the billing notifications to the certain administrator.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Text are unreadable when hovering folders from a Document Library using Dark Theme feature

Text are unreadable when hovering folders from a Document Library using Dark Theme feature. Editing the source code was the workaround used where in it supposed to show the clear Folder names when being hovered.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Link to a folder or file in Company Shared drive

In SharePoint online modern page - The Link Web part and Image web part currently supports only links from http, https and mailto protocol.

We would like to have the ability to add a link to a folder or a file from a shared drive.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. need to know who added or remove members to the distribution list

we need need to know who added user or remove the user from Distribution List, now we can only see who do add or remove but we cannot see who is the specific user that has been add or remove

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How to show incidents

If an incident would be reported by multiple users, I would like to request you to post it to Advisory before it is categorized as an incident.
    Also, if an incident would be resolved immediately, I would like you to view it for at least a day, not to include it in the history section soon because the incident looks hidden.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Admin setting to show name beginning with surname in Contacts

Name on contacts currently begins with first name then surname. But, I would like administrators to change the name in contacts to show the surname before the first name at once.
    And I would like to change the above default setting.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a condition that could retrieve only external recipients in Message trace log

We would like to have a condition that could retrieve only external recipients in Message trace log.
    We need to perform regular check for send/receive mail with external mail addresses in terms of security.
    If we have to retrieve send/receive log with external users, we need to specify the domains to identify them prior to getting the log. We would like to reduce the admin workload.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop sending the mail titled “Set up Office 365 account”

Admin receives mails titled “Set up Office 365 account” to his contact mail addresses. The mail contains content which might confuse end-users, so please implement a setting that can stop sending the mail completely.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow administrators to change group mail settings in bulk for Office 365 Group

We would like to allow administrators to change O365 Group mail settings in bulk. We would request that administrators could change the setting of Follow in inbox and Stop following in inbox in bulk.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hyperlinks in automatic replies

Please make it possible to insert hyperlinks in automatic replies!!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base