Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need more than one payment method for South Africa please - not just Credit Card

We have no option but credit cards for South Africa - why is this? We also have not way of finding this information prior to signing up a subscription and only then after logging a ticket and 4 days later we are told Credit Card only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable admin to allow particular users to create private groups

We are an university. We don't want all students or faculties be able to create private groups. We need a function in admin portal to give “create private groups” right to the some users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SharePoint Online Audit Report Log - Content Viewing

This service really needs to come back the environment. I opened a ticket because I was receiving messages that this was broken - not knowing that it was not in service. Someone else in my environment was able to pull the same report with any problems. (Not sure what is going on there)
    This feature gives us an and ideal report of content usage and view events for that is consider very important to where an end user is viewing content on our sites.

I am using a combination of reports- when I should or could just pull one report…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. clutter が突然有効になった

Clutter が突然有効になった。
    突然の機能変更は大変困るため、オフを既定としてほしい。

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add facility to view all users in Active Users pane (i.e. long list)

In the Active Users dashboard, please add the facility to view all users in one long list. At the moment the 25 users per page limit is far too restrictive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the creation of new resources, when using a federated domain, simpler.

I have a fully federated domain, using ADFS and DirSync.

The creation of new users and groups is easy, you create them in AD, and it automatically syncs them up.

However, creating a new resource, because I DON'T also have an onsite Exchange server, is not easy.

1: Create a resource in the Office 365 portal using the onmicrosoft.com account suffix.
    2: Create a resource in AD (AND Make sure email address is configured correctly and matching the FULL email address for the account you need to use!)
    3: Wait for sync
    4: Use powershell to re-link the O365 resource…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better reporting on shares and permissions on document libraries.

I would like to see better reporting tools so I can for instance create a report that shows who has what access to what documents/folders etc. within a library or site. This is currently only available via a 3rd party application.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. assigning Multi-FQDN in Hybrid Wizard instead of editing Outbound connector later ? may be Microsoft will work on section later or in future

Assigning Multi-FQDN in Hybrid Wizard instead of editing Outbound connector later ? may be Microsoft will work on section later or in future Version like Exchange 2015

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Consolidate and simplify options for creating mailbox rules.

I've seen numerous control panel / admin options for setting up mailbox rules, but Office 365 Admin has unfortunately been the most confusing and convoluted way of managing it I've seen.

As an admin I would like to see all active rules associated to with the users in my domain.

Currently, I have to dig around the settings in each mailbox and there are several options of where those rules can be applied. Not all of them the correct way of doing it.

Surely this can be simplified.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add categories or grouping to the My Apps-page

Custom Tiles are coming to Office 365. That's awesome. But if a company adds a lot of tiles it could get messy. I think it's a good idea to add categories. For instance Microsoft/Office/Office 365 for the standard Microsoft tiles. I think it could be easily implemented to add a field called "category" to the add custom tile form. Then it's much clearer for the end user.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SharedComputerActivation Reporting

I would like to see a report detailing users that are currently using office 365 proplus on a shared computer. Currently the dashboard only reports licensing for users that are using Office 365Proplus on a non shared computer.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Admin should be able to add/remove user(s) from any DL/Group(s) within user's mailbox profile.

Allow admin to add DL/Group(s) to a recipient or mailbox through the Mailbox properties instead of adding them from the Group itself.
    It is too tedious, and time consuming to go to into every single Group and add the user there.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to be able to "count" Suite licenses available per user in our Business Accnt

Whenever I need to install one of each user's "five" installs (Office suite) I have to find a user, log in as him and then determine how many "remaining installs available" are shown. It would be nice if I could look at all my users in our business account and "see" immediately how many installs remain. If we are getting low we would buy more licenses. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change immutableID for user Synced with AD

Dear Microsoft Office 365 Team,

My boss have some user with problem sync, because this users don't match with ImmutableID.

My team want to use command for update ImmutableID with user (Synced with Active Directory).

At this time, this feature don't support. Please update to Office 365 Identity Management for flexible manage and troubleshoot.

Thank Team

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. User to see IM sent to them when off-line

When a person sends an IM to a contact who is offline, the message is not sent anywhere. When the off-line contact becomes available they don't know a message was sent to them. Regular Skype and other IM programs show messages received while off-line. My users are hesitant to consider Skype for Business because it's missing this feature.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GAL segregation - Create ADBs according to a user domain pertainance

In the address list creation filters, there is very limited option on the attributes to use. I am sure that many admins do not have any custom attributes that have single similarities for their various users as well.

In my case, I work for a University, and I wouldn't want the student base to see staff/faculty members in their address list.
    I cant use groups due to the number limitation on group sync (100,000). I cant do otherwise because this group is FIM managed on premises and updates automatically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Get the price per SKU for each tenant

For a customer who is a Microsoft Partner, I'm implementing a billing solution. I'm using a simple Powershell Script, to show the amount of Assigned / Used Licenses per Tenant and per SKU. However, I also need the pricing per SKU. To be precise, I simply need a list of all prices per SKU as shown on this website:

https://portal.office.com/Commerce/Catalog.aspx

However, I'll need to access this information programmaticly (i.e. Powershell, or API). Does someone know how I can obtain this pricing information? Thank you in advance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Admin must have the ability to create passwords for all users, not just resetting a temp password.

Admins must have the capability to create/define passwords for all users rather than be limited to just resetting a temp password on a per user basis.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. send emails as attachment in OWA is not convinient

send emails as attachment in OWA is not convenient, we have to open in two windows

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Translations in O365 Admin console and read more links

Translations in O365 admin portal in Slovenian language are bad and most of the links to TechNet/MSDN articles do not work. Usually link (read more) opens a new tab in IE and redirects you to the home page of TechNet (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base