Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allows tasks to be seen in iOS9

Allows tasks to be seen in iOS9

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give me the choice whether to automount an Exchange account when I give someone full access to another's account

When I give full permissions to a user to someone else's user account, automounting that account should not happen by default, opening in Outlook, causing it to sync. I should need to either check or uncheck a box on that same permissions screen for automounting. Forcing me into powershell for something so simple is a waste of time/energy, and allows for greater chance of error.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to export to Excel or a report on the website the number of activations of Office for all users with active license.

The ability to export to Excel or a report on the website the number of activations of Office for all users with active license.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give admins the ability to reduce the In Place Archive size with PS

Please restore the ability for admins to manage the mailbox archive size. Why would I want to move from on-premise exchange where I can manage the archive size to an environment where my users have 100GB that I cannot control? Please bring back this functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get-MessageTrace - Stop paginating the results.

Get-MessageTrace used to return all results but it was changed in favour of paginated results. Please put it back to how it used to work.
    Failing that, if I am exporting the results to a CSV, how about ALL the results get exported rather than having to run the command X amount of times depending on the number of pages available.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. hybrid deligation

The ability to apply cross platform trust in a hybrid environment.
    Certain security requirements prevent certain mailboxes to live in a multi-tenant environment, would like the ability to grant 365 users full access to the on prem mailbox ans vice versa

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get Rid of the Version & Login Confusion PLEASE!

So there is now OneDrive for Business and Personal. Skype Business and Personal. You either sign in as a business user or a school user. Do you have a Microsoft Account, Personal Account or Business Account? If you are a business user, click these 70 login buttons and spin on your head 6 times and maybe we will let you login. And make sure you have 3-4 Microsoft accounts because it's impossible to just have 1 sign in for all your services like everyone else.

I simply don't understand how difficult it is to keep things SIMPLE. How hard can…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add column on Active Users pane to show the license type assigned

Please add a column on this page to show the license type assigned, as clicking through each user one by one is very time consuming.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to show a list of all User Alerts on all Sites and SubSites

Users, and I as an Admin, would like to be able to 'quickly' see all Alerts that they have signed up for across ALL SITES AND SUBSITES with one click. As it stands now, they - and I have to go in site by site, subsite by subsite.

And while I am aware there are several 3rd party tools out there, I feel this should be an OOTB feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable Split View in SharePoint Admin Center to distiguish PWA-Site from Site Collections at a glance

It’s much more comfortable to identify all Site Collections with PWA Feature using such a split view than checking all existing Site Collections using “Project Web App”. This view existed in a previous Online Version (see Brian Smith Blog http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2012/12/11/project-online-how-do-i-re-use-an-unwanted-pwa-instance.aspx) and was totally removed from SharePoint Admin Center :-(

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. storage quota email non admins

Currently the only option for quota alerts is to email the site admins. We have separate accounts for our admins to manage o365 and they dont look at that email. It would be nice to be able to put a distribution group or email address in as the location those alerts go to.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow administrators to manage every email feature globally within their domain.

Although many features and settings are available for management by the Global Administrator(s), Clutter is not one of them. Please ensure that any enhancements are manageable by the administrator.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. contact grouping

The ability to group contacts and hide them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Identify mailboxes affected when there is an Exchange outage

It would be great if when I put in my domain, a list of mailboxes affected by a database, server, data center outage would be listed. I don't like depending that an outage will resolve an issue and I don't waste time troubleshooting a client when the issue is caused by the outage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Email only for non-critical service requests

For non-critical service requests it would be nice if when we submit a service request for the option to have correspondence only via email. Sometimes people have schedules which cannot sit at a traditional desk with an office phone for 1/2hr to an hour for answers that can be accomplished via a single sentence or two in email.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Expose more user attributes via powershell

add PowerShell command to set all users default logon page for offic365. while your at it, add all the settings that are feasible.
    currently users are getting sent to outlook.office365.com and they receive an error page that doesn't allow them to change settings. and it doesn't even give them a link to go to portal.office365.com/home. I would like to fix this for all users instead of taking calls and walking them through it. fixing the error page would be a quick and easy thing to do to add a "Home" url to the error page. that should take like 2…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make OneDrive Easy - Not Complex Like It Is Now!

I don't understand why OneDrive is so hard to install and use compared to Google Drive? All you have to do with Google Drive is install the very easy to use installer and pick your directory and files and you are done. OneDrive requires you to have specific versions of Office installed and if you don't have the exact version, it won't install.

Getting your shared directories to sync is overly complex compared to other products and it's just too dam difficult to install and use. Why can't Microsoft simply make it as easy as Google Drive so I can…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Removal of partners in the CC list

We previously had a partner's email address linked to our subscription and so every subscription change would have him in the CC list which is fine. But after we separated from the partner and removed his email address from the partner relationship, his email still shows up in the subscription. Have checked with Microsoft support several times and they confirm that this is a bug, no way to remove the email address now. Do fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. GUI not showing Mobile device users and Default MDM Policy

Suddenly GUI not showing Mobile device users and Default MDM Policy. But based the advice given by Support person, it shows in the Powershell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base