Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open Disconnected Online archive O365 by another user on Primes

in Hybrid environment, when primary mailbox is on premise and online archive is on Office365 (Exchange Online), I want a new user to be able to open an old user online archive (O365) while the old user is resigned and his/her mailbox/online archive are de-provisioned.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exchange Online Protection (EOP) customers should be emailed when the list of EOP sending IPs changes

When the EOP sending IPs change some inbound emails bounce until the receive connector on our on-premise Exchange is updated to match.
    But the only way to know that the EOP sending IPs has changed is to check a TechNet page (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn163581(v=exchg.150).aspx).
    This isn't good enough. You know an EOP IP change will affect most of your EOP customers, so you should notify them directly.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Simplify the process of adding a new email user

My two pages of instructions for simply adding a new user demonstrates how ludicrously tedious this process has become.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable BST timezone Feature for message trace

There should still be an option for us to apply the same time zone that we work in.
    Currently the message trace doesnt show the same time as the time zone that we are working on as it doesnt take into account BST.

Request is to Make the mail flow message trace show the correct time for people on a UK/Ireland tenant. I.e BST Or there to be a setting to turn on BST.
    Currently it shows -1 hour to the actual time on the persons machine.
    Without this its very confusing for a servicedesk team who need to -1…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Complete documentation for the setup of MDM please

There is no documentation in the O365 admin portal Security & Compliance\Device Security Policy setup that states you need Intune to complete the setup task for iOS devices. Why is it that I only find out about this prerequisite when an iOS device fails to install Corporate Portal and there is a small link (learn more) to docs.microsoft.com?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow GUI based name changes in hybrid environment

We processed a name change for a client employee. We made the change to the on-premise Active Directory, then ran DirSync to bring it to O365. After the change, we did not have the ability to edit the userid to the new email address, it was greyed out, nor could we add an alias and make it primary, it was also greyed out. We resolved the issue by running a Powershell command, but it's the kind of change that happens frequently, and should have been permitted in the GUI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please send emails to administrators during work hours

This is a minor request with an easy fix.

I am IT support for a few small companies. I leave my phone on 24/7 so that anyone can contact me if there is an emergency. (Once or twice a year, I'll get an email in the middle of the night from a client.)

But, Microsoft is always sending me 365 emails in the middle of the night - things that aren't emergencies - like status updates on subscriptions and whatnot.

I don't see why Microsoft can't arrange for their emails to be sent during work hours.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Domain rights delegate to specific person

Microsoft have the features to delegate rights to specific person in MS products. However, it's not happening for Office 365. The cloud solution should have flexibility to mange various domains by different people instead of ONE super domain administrator .

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Attribute: "WhenChanged" on Get-MsolUser cmdlet

A field with the date for when any other field from the Get-MsolUser has been changed.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the bug in the new interface that causes only the first 100 members of that group to show.

When looking at Contact Groups in the new version of the Admin panel, only the first 100 users of that group are visible, and the rest are cut off. There's no button to see users in pages of 100 users per, nor a "see all members" option. This is a serious bug that must be fixed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When setting up an Identity Verification App, give the user the option to turn on 2 step verification

What's the point of an identity verification app without 2 step verification? I (wrongly) assumed that I had set up 2 step verification after setting up the id verification app. At least encourage the users to set up 2 step verification if you don't do it for them!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When removing an email from your account, remove the password recovery email too

(This may not be the right forum, but I can't find a general logon forum) I removed an email alias from my ms live account. I had a the same address set as a password reset option. After removing the email alias the password reset option was still available (and my account was compromised).

It makes sense to check for the password reset emails when removing an email alias from the account, and at least warn the customer, or even better add an option to remove the password reset option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Creating rule where "sender is ..." should specify a user's email address not the user's name

Creating rules where "sender is" should specify a user's email account. Currently it does not. Instead it currently specifies a user name. In the common case where a user has multiple email address an error is evoked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. receive an email when a tenant administrator log in

I would like to receive an email when a tenant administrator log in to our Office 365 environment.

The mail should be send to different mailadresses so when a tenant administrator logs in after workhours we are notified instantly. It would also be great to receive a message when a failed login happens for the tenant administrator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make deactivated rules visible for administrators in "other user"

So in case of illness of the user, admin can activate e.g. email forwarding rules quickly and user can deactivate them by themselves when they return. Absence notice and E-Mail forwarding would be so in the same area.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a tile for the SharePoint site usage

In the new reports there are tiles for Yammer, Email, Onedrive, Skype and Office activation's. How come no tile for SharePoint? This would be great and would allow us to see SharePoint usage and trend at a glance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How can i check who has made a change to internal sharepoint subcription

Currently my company has 5 global admins so when someone change subscription, all 5 admins are being notified but no one knows who has changed & what changes has been done.
    is it something available in current admin section or do I need to raise ticket everytime? please advise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Inform the other Tech support teams within Microsoft on how expiring and new subscriptions will automatically migrate for users

I spent 5 days with various L3 MS engineers and four different departments all working out who would rectify the solution / supply a fix. I get to the licensing team finally and they tell me - don't worry it will happen AUTOMATICALLY!
    FYI - if a customer raises a case - allow your other L3 teams to move a case around to licensing teams. Raising new cases just causes a disconnect / more frustration for the customer / and distorts the statistics on how well MS resolve issues in MS favour.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base