Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. blacklisted MDA, feature for Microsoft support to temporarily disable the MDA?

we found that Microsoft's sending MDA was blacklisted. raised a support ticket to get this corrected but they did not have the ability to make it happen - problem could not be fixed.

would is be possible to give the Microsoft support team(or us admins) the ability control which MDA/MTA transfers our email? perhaps the ability to disable a MDA/MTA for a 1 month period until the blacklisting expires.

thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please display message rule name when tracing rather than rule ID

Please display message rule name when tracing rather than rule ID

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. flujo de correo

Cuando en flujo de correo haces que me envíe una copia del correo de un remitente, que se pueda filtrar y que pueda descartar los calendarios ya que actualmente lo tengo puesto para un usuario y se me añaden sus calendarios a mi calendario y tengo un lío gordo ahora.

Alomejor al invitar a una persona por correo a una cita de tu calendario, en las cabeceras se podría poner un flag para poder filtrar mas tarde y descartar estos correos en el flujo de correo

gracias

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow admins to change the layout and visible columns in the "Directory" area of "People"

The directory in the "People" area of OWA is not configurable. Our organization does not use titles, so for us, and other small - mid-size companies like ours, being able to remove that column and instead have their phone number or other contact info would be more useful. Having to click on a line item to access contact information feels like going out of our way in a directory anyways.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please remove the "Invalid data source operation" notification if Office 365 is not able to get the detail of the Office 365 group

In the "groups" page of Office 365 admin, we see a notification of "Invalid data source operation" on the top of the UI. Checking fiddler we found that the info was returned while fetching data from https://portal.office.com/admin/api/groups/870f3d6d-6535-430b-a355-c4bff5f8c3f3/information?groupSmtp=team3610@iipl.onmicrosoft.com&groupType=0. Internal error is returned instead of the group info. no real impact. Please remove the notification to avoid confusion.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hybrid eDiscovery for SharePoint

If Microsoft can extend the hybrid search concept to include eDiscovery, all the policies and goverance can be managed more effectiviely and reduces the on-going governance challenges. Currently the eDiscovery is limited to the SharePoint environment and there is no option to aggregate discovery between a Sp2013, Sp2016 and SP Online.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Check for data migration before creating new mailbox in Exchange Online

Require the Data migration portion of Office 365 Admin portal to not require a license to migrate Exchange data. Not only that, require data migration to check to see if there's an active data migration for that user account to prevent provisioning over the migrated data. Also allow Exchange Migration to overwrite existing mailboxes in the cloud. It's super tedious that we have to unassign JUST the Exchange portion under the full license.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. DO NOT close or archive unresolved support issues, problems and cases!

Do not close cases without solving the problems. I reported continuous, persistent errors and problems with our mail but Microsoft support closes or archives them repeatedly without offering a solution. It looks like the whole Microsoft support team is incompetent, careless and negligent. Even if I reopen the case, they admit the error, but close or archive them again. Bad bad service!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to be able to schedule reports in O365

No reports have a schedule feature, in this case we would like to automate the Send & Receive stats

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. file storage

As a Microsoft Partner, we need file storage for an organization. SharePoint sites have document libraries that are limited to number of files in a library, so that doesn't work. if we create a new site, then we cannot see it in the office apps easily without a high level of understanding. Folks are moving from a local server to 365, but an organization does not have a place to put the files. It seems like Microsoft is forcing us to use SharePoint because it exists, but the solution that we need is really not SharePoint. We need a central…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Get-CsUserActivitiesReport should show users with no activity

Currently I can see users with a blank LogonDate in the user activity reports on the Admin Center. However when running the PowerShell cmdlet Get-CsUserActivitiesReport these users are removed. The PowerShell cmdlet should show the same content that is in the Admin Center.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make a consistant Ux across all apps while using MFA

There is far too much old documentation regarding setting up MFA. Clean house please. Make MFA work across the entire locally installed Office suite without the needed Outlook 2016 hack and now I'm seeing a PS script that is needed. It's so frustrating!!!! If a solution isn't matured completely don't roll it out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix the problem about changing password

I try to change the password include user name,for exmaple,

abc@ced.com , pw: abc12345@

And it just keep loading without anything happend.I know it might be the problem that password couldn't include user name. But it should aleast tell me that instead of louding forever .
    Please fix ,thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. advanced threat protection dynamic delivery

For atp dynamic delivery option please allow capability to allow users to forward the placeholder and ensure recipients who receive that placeholder automatically gets the original attachment. Currently when we enable this option users manual fwd to multiple recipients but all these recipients even though they are internal to the tenant they only see a placeholder (not the actual attachment even after the attachment is scanned). Only the original recipient can see the attachment but all the fwded emails w/ the placeholders get stuck. This causes too much confusion and calls to original sender to resend the email w/ the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As I have come to the conclusion that the functionality of Office 365 not sending email notifications out-of-the-box is not present, I will

As I have come to the conclusion that the functionality of Office 365 not sending email notifications out-of-the-box is not present, I will look into incorporating a script and working through that going forward.

I am strongly of the opinion that this is a functionality that should be present in Office 365 without incorporating unsupported scripts as it is quite critical (especially for mobile and traveling users) not to get stuck in case of a password expiry since a majority of the users do not regularly check their portal for emails but use various mail clients to do so, thus…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. licence assignment date reconciliation report or powershell

When we receive the bills it is confusing when users have been assigned licences part way through a month.

It would be nice to see the users detail for the invoice, or a powershell or nice report that will allow us to filer and chose a period and see the users that are/were assigned

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Finish the Desktop Admin App

Finish the Desktop Admin app already. Seems Microsoft is always half *** with development of these types of things.. That app needs to be able to do all the things I do when logging into the browser based portal. And I don't want to login to the portal, I want to use an app. But I cannot create or manage groups , handle security and compliance tasks, and a myriad of other features. Quit rolling out partially complete products. I am reminded of Windows ME.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Propagation across all systems of the O365 Environment

The speed of propogation needs to be far faster. You are never sure whether you have encountered a bug or it's just slow.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. IP allow list (email protection) is useless

The IP allow list is ignored if the IP is present on an inbound connector in ANY tenant. This is undocumented and you only get knowledge about it, when you open a support case.

You are supposed to use transport rules instead, funny thing is, that the GUI tells you, that you don't need to create a TR and should use the IP allow list instead.

This is an unacceptable behaviour and has to be redesigned asap.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base