Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to determine last sign-in date for O365

I am deploying to 45,000. I have very low adoption rates and would appreciate a way to tell who has not signed in to portal.office.com. I know you can use PowerShell to see the last sign in date to exchange, but many of our users do not have exchange licenses by design. If I knew who had not signed in, I could target those user and engage them to get them to adopt. I could also use it as a mechanism to cleanup old accounts that haven't been used in X days.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for DNS administration vis PowerShell or REST

We are using Office 365 as our DNS.  I've been doing DNS administration using the Office 365 portal and that works just fine.  However, I would like to script/automate some of it.  Specifically, I would like to be able to add/update/delete "A" and "CNAME" records from a script or an application.  I've found good Office 365 REST APIs for a number of things, but not for DNS administration.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For the last one month all the admins have been driven crazy by the constant notifications that a subscription is ending.

For the last one month all the admins have been driven crazy by the constant notifications that a subscription is ending. We know. You do not need to ping us on EVERY webpage. It is very disruptive having the pop up appear on every webpage. MS Support says there is nothing they can do to stop the notifications and we need to escalate it to the product group. Please enable some way to stop the notifications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the admin to keep the business Title empty

One of our requirement is to keep the job title blank, We had job title and I removed it 2 months back, Still I could see Job title. I got official confirmation with Microsoft support saying that "Job title" Can't be null, I'm confused now, If you really want to make it mandatory you could have mad Job title as "Required field", what is use of keeping it optional field and not allowing null over there

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. deleted users still showed up in inactive mailbox report in admin center

when export report of inactive mailbox in admin center, deleted users still showed up in inactive mailbox report , even more than 90 days!!!
    which is really make no sense.
    And for new portal, the diagrams is not good as old portal, please make the diagrams as the same with old one.
    Please take more serious for this issue!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think EXO Bug

I'm using Exchange online
    Condition 1. EXO User -> convert Shared mail box & changing unlicensed
    Condition 2. Litigation hold mailbox & EXO license -> Changing unlicensed
    Result. https://office.outlook.com log in & send mail -> success
    Outlook setting Success

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. jump

ding **** ding

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In the Microsoft account, insert a field for notes in the keys

In Microsoft account "Office.com" a notepad would be helpful. If there are several keys, it will otherwise be confusing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Kalender

Ich möchte gerne dass man global einstellen kann, dass der Kalender auf "Alle Details" freigegeben ist. Und dass man dies bei einem Office 365 E1 auch inline einstellen kann dass dies freigegeben ist.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Possibility to set the default Project Online Site which is linked in App Launcher

Please make it possible to set a Project Online to the default one or make it possible to link to a specif Project Online site when you click on Project in App Launcher.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Rules limit is ridiculously low and not user friendly. Fix it! Honestly Outlook 365 is a disaster! typical microsoft to try it out on cus

ules limit is ridiculously low and not user friendly. Fix it! Honestly Outlook 365 is a disaster! typical microsoft to try it out on customers. The only system software that cannot load emails on iphones. I have wasted many hours helping train your people that have no idea what they are doing. The ones that do don't address the many limitations of this faulty disaster. If they did it would take all night. No software with any host or online has so many problems. My recommendation to anyone with a business is to Run Forest Run. This system is the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow the admin to customize Mail app settings for all users

I don't want to log on every user mailbox for default settings about Spam Reporting settings, mark as read after xx sec., message format, etc...
    I can't ask to all users to set them..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disable Calendar with MAPI Connection

Admin User wants to restrict user that they do not use Calendar in the Outlook Client.
    User can use Mail, People, and Calendar by connecting protocol “MAPI” in the Outlook Client.

It would be an ideal situation that Admin User can modify MAPI protocol to disable Calendar function in the Outlook Client.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to re-sync mailboxes we have already synced once so that we can upload mailboxes but finalize them when we're ready to

I am in the process of migrating mailboxes in a hybrid environment and I have found that it can be rather daunting to learn that once you sync a mailbox that it will not allow you to 're-sync' it if you did not finalize the migration straight away.

It would be a huge help during the transition phase if we can sync mailboxes with Exchange online, allowing us to upload the bulk of users mailboxes and then 're-sync' them to migrate any new emails since the initial sync so we can finalize the move at any time.

As it stands…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Kill all active connection user to O365

Some powershell command that kill all active connection of user to O365 (mail\s4b\owa\on4b etc). Today we can block user, but he can still work 10-20 minutes

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make your Error Messages less insulting

The error message for Teams is insulting. I enabled Teams for our Office 365 Small Business Premium some 18 hours ago

But not only did I receive no notification as to how long I might have to wait to be provisioned, but when I connected to Teams.Microsoft.com

I got the obnoxious Message

"YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!!
    Enable Microsoft Teams for your Company"

well number 1 - I already HAD enabled it.

2 - Telling me I'm "missing out" while I'm waiting an indeterminate time to get provisioned is frankly obnoxious

And of course not telling me that provisioning might take…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. show and hide email

Show and Hide email disappeard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base