Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Secondary recycle bin when user license remove from O365

I know there is a soft delete for deleted users. But i had a user that a license was removed and the mailbox gone completely. There should be a way of restoring it and assigning it back to the same user. Just like how SP online has a secondary recycle bin

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. more than one subscription for the same service license type

We have a subscription for Business Premium, paid annually, on a specific corporate card. I would like to be able to create a separate subscription for Business Premium, paid monthly, on a different corporate card. The billing options are conveniently customizable but why are we limited to one set of billing options for each license type?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Ability To See My Apps In Dynamics 365 After Clicking On Grid System

In Office 365, My Apps will be displayed but My Apps are not displayed in Dynamics 365 when clicking on the upper left hand grid. In order to see My Apps in Dynamics 365 you have to drop to the bottom of the apps listing and select All Apps. In other words, make the Office 365 apps display function operate the same way in Dynamics 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit default ATP SafeLinks Policy with PowerShell

The default Safelinks policy can only be edited from the EAC. When you have automated provisioning systems in place (like we have) you need to perform a manual action to turn the Office protection on. We would like to be able to do this through PowerShell as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the msExchHideFromAddressLists function when there is no onsite Exchange

The requirement to have an Exchange schema extension in one's local AD when using AAD Connect to set this variable is burdensome. We don't want a ton of AD additions to set a mail object to be hidden or visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Subtotals & Ordering

1. When you do a subtotal the "at each change" is highlighted. Could the object of the subtotal also be highlighted especially when it is a sum? Could this be done in future issues?

2. In outlook you can order by a variety of ways. At work I get so many e-mails and would like to order by "unread". Could this be done in future issues?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow OneDrive and SharePoint to share files with anyone / any email

Very frustrating that I need to use DropBox still to share files with outside parties that I want to share folders with. The reason the MS agent gave me was it was to help keep my documents safe. I don't need a nanny, I want to share and manage my files with whomever I want withouth having people sign up for Microsoft...exactly like DropBox. Please and thank you.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow email protection rules to send notification to end user including header info such as sender address of blocked emails.

Rules to block emails and send notification to recipient user needs to also include the sender email address. a simple notification that an email was blocked and notify sender doesn't give the user enough info. they need an email address included.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow rights to be delegated for domain & DNS management.

At the moment only Global Admins have rights to do this.

If we give our AD team GA rights, they obviously have full control over all the products in O365.

Our company needs to be able to segregate roles to only authorised personnel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow create rule to reply messages with a note to the original subject line

The issue:

When you create a rule to reply sender with a specific message it doesn't reply with the original message's subject line.

Or

Automatic Replies would not reply to multiple messages from the same sander.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Alert new customers on the sign-up page that the initial ID "***@xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com" is used for Office 365 Admin's account

Customers tend to get confused with the initial "***@xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com" account when they access to Office 365 for the first time right after signed-up tenants.
    This is because there is no notification or alert on the "Create your user ID" page to let customers know that it's going to be an initial Admin ID.
    Also, as it's too long for very new customers, they easily forget their Admin ID or memorize in a wrong spellings.
    It makes the customers sign-up again and request account validation.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Local Outlook Settings stred in Office365

Store local Outlook settings and configuration in Office365 to allow usage/magration on other computer:

Now when installing a new computer, all settings have to be copied by hand or much scripting (Signatures, Macros, View Settings, Rules, Mailboxes...)
    This helps when a new PC will be setup because the old one is end of life or defect.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Solicitud de columna de Last Logon en todos los informes de actividad de las aplicaciones de Office 365

Cordial saludo

Solicito amablemente colocar la columna de Last Logon en todos los informes de actividad de las aplicaciones de Office 365 (Exchange, Skype For Business, OneDrive and SharePoint).

Debido a que nosotros hacemos un control de licencias con este Item, y seria mas facil sacarlo junto con los informes de actividad.

A la espera de su pronta respuesta.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. service request - make it like a normal helpdesk system

Hey Microsoft you've gone from one extreme on service request to another. Good bye overly complicated ticket the correct option from a bewildering supply of options, hello so basic it's useless. The new support option has no ability to provide detail of the issue and updates on a situation. Your support agents must be totally overloaded trying to get details on problems now. Why not just make a normal helpdesk system where the problem is described, can be updated and closed by the raiser. The cool self help search thing great but your exception process sucks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. siem read-only

With the growing threat landscape and movement of more and more applications to the cloud, Office 365 needs to provide us with a way to monitor things without adding yet another potential pivot point for malicious actors. There needs to be a global admin-level read-only account for exporting and reading events for SIEM and user behavior analytics (UBA) solutions.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. freetalk connect

We have been using the FreeTalk Connect devices and a DualPhone for years with the traditional Skype service. This morning 6/1/2017, these devices stopped receiving all incoming calls however outgoing calls do function properly. We can still receive incoming calls via our cellphone app (android) or via the computer Skype app. We would like to know why it appears the ability to receive SkypeIn calls on the Freetalk Connect and DualPhone was disabled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. About Office 365 Video

On the page of Statistics in Office 365 video, the displayed number of “Watched” differs from the actual number of watched.
    I really want this will be improved in the nearly future.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base