Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to use the Intune Managed Browser instead of WebView for OneDrive

We would like the ability to switch the default web browser for OneDrive from WebView to the Intune Managed Browser. So that links opening in OneDrive automatically open in the Managed Browser.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Storage quotas on Groups/Team Sites

Our tenant comes with 1TB of collective storage for all Team Sites. As an admin, I need a way to prevent certain team sites from consuming all of our allocated storage. Presently, there is no way to do this. I currently have about 50 team sites in my tenant. Theoretically, one team site could consume our entire storage allocation if the users of the group/team site don't police themselves properly.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Events Roll-up alongside News from sites

It would be great if populated Events rolled-up alongside News articles from Team Sites at the default SharePoint homepage.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix To Do Notes

Using Internet Explorer, it is not possible to type in the notes section of a task. The letters are written over and deleted. No problem using Chrome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow to send emails from quarantine to specific mailbox/admin mailbox

Title is pretty much self-explanatory.
    Right now you can only release the quarantined email for the addresses it was sent to.
    What if I want to double check the attachment on my sandboxed machine? I have such case now where an email from unknown company sent us an attachment, which was quarantined. I have no way to check if it's harmfull. Exchange isnt perfect and won't always detect all the threats.
    Please consider adding simple option to use specific mail address for email to be reviewed.

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. managing user profiles

Managing User profiles and properties is quite a hassle. If the properties are not the same from the Admin > Users settings, if there could be links, or additional settings withing the user settings to the individual apps (SharePoint, Delve, etc.), it would be much more intuitive.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Raise more than one service request at a time

As per my post on https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Admin-Center/Raising-support-requests/m-p/65505#M586 it seems that we now cannot raise more than one service request at a time, this was confirmed by a member of support during a call. However I am still not 100% it is not a bug.

If however it is by design this is a step backwards as we used to be able to raise multiple requests at a time and monitor the history of them, something which many GAs I am sure would want.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Qurarantine report notification time

Dear Microsoft Team

We need the option to choose in what time we want to receive the quarantine notification,
    today we can only choose to receive it one a day, but sometimes it came at 4 am which is very annoying,
    if we can choose the time then we schedule it to come 1 hour before leaving the office, that way we can see if we lost something there.
    this option is must!

thanks
    Oren

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Message Center - ability to mark items that apply to your tenant.

Thus you have a list of items that you need to address vs needing to keep a separate list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CRM "Buy more storage" — Direct Link needed

CRM is fond of telling us via notification bars and via Email that we're close to using all our storage. However, there is no EASY way to buy more. It took a call to Microsoft Support, who also couldn't find out where to Add more storage to CRM! Whenever a user needs to purchase something else for their solution, there should be a direct link that allows the Admin to buy more storage with a few simple clicks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recovering overwritten documents using version history

At the moment, there is no way of recovering a file that has been overwritten on OneDrive.

Is there a way to prevent files being overwritten without them being deleted first or to allow files to be recovered after being overwritten.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Email notifications, when someone changes settings on the 365 portal

Hi - As part of a multi admin group, Im missing the option to receive email notifications, when someone changes group membership, email adresses, passwords and other related actions, in the Office 365 Portal.
    So if some other admin removes (intentionally or unintentionally) a user from a mailgroup, the portal sends out an email.
    That way you can control if someone messes with your 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a way for admins to determine if a DL is dormant (hasn't been mailed to in x months)

In the interests of enforcing group life cycle management, we want to delete dormant DLs. We need a way to determine those that are dormant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make it easier to attach word documents to email as PDFs

at present if i want to attach a word document to an email as a PDF (without saving a separate PDF file) i need to attach as a PDF each file one at a time. It would be great if i could select multiple word files and when i attach them to the email be able to have them all converted to PDF.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show the Compliance Center / Quarantine link in the Spam Notification Email

When the user gets a spam notification email, it does not include a link to the Quarantine portal:

https://admin.protection.outlook.com/quarantine

The portal offers some good features but no good if you cant effectively inform the end users of this portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please consider providing the ability to link an I-Pad or tablets to your Project/Portfolio

Please consider providing the ability to link I-Pads or tablets to the Project/Portfolio program. Our concerns are that when you have a project manager in place, they must be able to manager the time lines of their projects from the field as well as from the office.

The ability to allow I-Pad or tablet access is critical to the success of the projects that they are managing. With this program being a cloud based program, the assumption should be that this can be done easily.

Please consider my request as a priority. Thanks. Chris

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Warning/Notification of unassigned EXO license

When creating a new mailbox using Exchange Management Shell, it is required to also assign an EXO license. This is true even if the user has already been assigned an E3 license in Office 365. There is a grace period in which to assign the EXO license of 30 days. However, there is no warning or notification when nearing or exceeding the grace period. Would like to have some built-in mechanism that would send a warning to the Admin or even the end user that the mailbox is not appropriately licensed and may become inaccessible.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base