Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fault with New Admin Centre - some license deselect by themselves when viewed by a admin who is not a global admin.

Here is a trap for players. When a non-global admin like a service admin/user management admin goes to make licence changes in the new admin centre, we are seeing licences 'deselected' themselves after a 2 second or so delay. Working in the old admin centre is a workaround. not PC, Windows version or browser dependent, so appears backend fault.

This is quite dangerous as if a Skype for Business PBX licence deselects itself, the connected phone might stop working as no licence attached!!!

Raised with Microsoft support, but closed as there is a workaround through the old admin centre, so…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like the export of the user list of the group to be in the GUI

I would like the export of the user list of the group to be in the GUI

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bringing back Public Folder

Either bring Public Folder back or allow categorizing Public Cal, contacts, Email into a favorite bar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow ability to restrict certain User Permissions at Site Collection Level

Provide the ability to restrict users access to create Subsites at the Site Collection Level, just like in SharePoint On-Premises.

In order to properly govern a SharePoint environment you need to give users a very specific level of access that I call 'Full Control without Site Creation'.

This allows users to fully customise a site without being able to create crazy amounts of subsites.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delegate the "Reset Password" RBAC role and reset passwords using ECP

I would like to assign a user the "Reset Password" RBAC role and combine this with an write scope. This way I can delegate that user the ability to reset password from within Office 365 ECP for a certain scope of users. This is possible with Exchange 2013/2016 but a reinstallation of RBAC is required (CannedRbacRoles). However in Office 365 this is not possible. The option "Reset password for this mailbox" is not present on the General tab of the mailbox you want to reset the password.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. forward NDR

Show Email and Hide Email disappeared.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When the UPN in the On Premise Active Directory is changed, it should also update the default .onmicrosoft.com alias

When the UPN is changed on premise, the alias onmicrosoft.com secondary address should be updated to reflect this, as it is not possible to edit when synced with on prem AD, as it is not controlled by the on prem AD.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi, I saw that when you create an account on office 365 for exchenge on_line and 'and' the owner of a self-treatment please consider create

Hi, I saw that when you create an account on office 365 for exchenge online and 'and' the owner of a self-treatment please consider create the possibility of eliminating the mailbox from 'interfaccioa gui instead use the Powershell commands, inltre point out that Powershell has problems with windows 7 sp1 and to make it work you have to install .net 4.5.2 otherwise error, this is not 'reported sda Bids no technote. Council to implement all the features on exchengeon line GUI for easier use by the admin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Retention policies should never delete anything out of the box without user content!!

Why is Microsoft applying default retention policies which delete content without approval. This seems crazy that an out of the box retention policy would delete anything. This should be changed and dormant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provision Licenses via AD Connect

Developed this idea currently in a Ignite-Precon with Neil Hodgkinson. Currently you have to first synch a user with Azure AD Connect and then assign licenses to that user. In large organizations or if you use hybird features (like hybrid OneDrive) you have the audience of who should get a licenses defined and can retrieve that from onPrem AD (by group membership, AD attribute set or similar). The suggestion is to add the possibility to configure rules in Azure AD not only whch users are synched, but as a second ruleset which users should get assigned which licenses.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Сделать так чтобы профиль Outlook не ломался?

При старте Outlook после автоматического обновления
    на экране появляется сообщение:

Не удается запустить приложение Outlook.
    Невозможно открыть окно Outlook.
    Невозможно открыть набор папок.
    Не удается подключиться к Microsoft Exchange из-за ошибок в сети.

Лечится только пересозданием нового профиля.Что не есть хорошо

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. sync

My primary issue is that we (and I suspect other companies), would prefer tighter security when integrating our on premise AD with the Azure AD (using DirSync).

In my specific case, I cannot reorganize my entire AD structure so that only specific users are synced to the Azure AD. I have to pick entire OUs and then ignore users who are not needed, but get synced anyway.

Additionally, I don’t like the idea of having to sync users that will never be active in Azure AD and having their passwords in the cloud. To me, despite Microsoft’s best efforts, is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. About a Language Table for Office 365

We found only table of language culture names in general, which is not specific to Office 365.

It is useful if there is public information of language table for Office 365.

<Background>
    Currently the customer is using Office 365 in domestic, but the company would expand business globally in the future.
    Users will use Office 365 in many different countries.
    The admin would need to explain to them what language are available.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. quarantine

Quarantine Retrieval speed should be improved. It is taking too long for end users as well as Global Admins to access the Quarantine. It averages around 3-5 minutes and in extreme cases up to 10 minutes for users to see their Quarantine emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Manage aliases and other Exchange settings from O365 when you have DirSync(for example email aliases).

Add the possibility to manage AD attributes from O365 if you have DirSync. Having to log on to a domain controller to add an email alias instead of simply adding it through the O365 ECP.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Options in Outlook 2010 and Later versions to Select the shared mailboxes to be appeared or not

I would like to see an option(Probably kind of a Check Box Option) in Office outlook 2010 and later versions, where i can select the shared mailboxes and online archive mailbox to be appeared below my mailbox or not.

if i have access to more than one shared mailbox, then i should be able to select the shared mailbox currently which i want to use or view rather than all shared mailboxes appearing below my primary mailbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please consider these two options on priority

Option 1:

ID Fix Tool gives the duplicates attributes present in the active
    directory. But it does not give the the duplicates present in contacts in office 365.
    Here's the scenario.

i had a domain "abc.com" set as default domain in office 365 and the same domain is my Local AD as well. I had to add an primary SMTP for my user with the domain" xyz.com" which is already added and in o365 as well.

i added this SMTP but the Azure AD Sync was giving error as "duplicate values found" but the duplicate value was not found on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base