Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In-place archive retion policy

Adding a button so that way you can put a retention policy just on the in place archive mailbox.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save batch for later while incompatible batch is running

Currently Office 365 throws the error "You can only have cutover or staged batches existing at any given time." if you have a staged batch running while attempting to create a cutover batch, and vice versa, with no way of saving it as at least a manually starting batch.

I propose the ability to at least let us save the new batch for later until the other batch has been removed.

Of course it would be optimal if you could run both batches at the same time, but this would be a good compromise.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Manage EOP from Partner Portal

Currently impossible to manage Exchange Online Protection from the partner portal, management requires logging in as the customer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. alerts which are being received stating that the account is being deleted.

This is a follow up to our phone conversation regarding the alerts which are being received stating that the account is being deleted. When you bought the new subscription instead of renewing the old subscription it added a new subscription and reassigned the licenses to the new users.

The account is healthy, there will be no disruption of service. I apologize that the alerts are annoying, these are just in case this was not planned, we would not want your service to be disrupted. You can leave feed back to our engineers requesting a way to turn off the alerts…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow multi Service request to be added to the new service request add option in O365 admin portal

allow multi Service request to be added to the new service request add option in O365 admin portal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow admins to use PowerShell to distinguish between Office 365 Retention Policies and Label Policies.

There is no way to tell if you are working with one or the other in PowerShell.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need the old Service Request Center back---the new "Need Help" widget is rubbish

Recently the Service Request Center was replaced by the new Need Help widget. While the widget is good for random, small things, it is absolutely useless for complex, deep-dive issues. I can no longer define impact, scope, specify affected product or domain, etc. Therefore, it takes me longer to get to someone helpful because I have to either type all the details in free form, or explain the issue a hundred times as I get transferred back and forth.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow all Admins to see open support cases and post/check info, not just admin who created it

If there are 5 admins managing the business account and Admin 1 opens a case for "X" reason, but then goes home/vacation. MS calls to go over the case, but I can't see any previous notes, or add to the open case as I didn't create it.

All admins on the account should be able to see open cases, previous cases, and make changes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow value for NotifyUser parameter to be a distribution list.

When a DLP alert is triggered, it would be desirable to allow both individual email addresses as well as distribution lists to receive alerts. This would permit management of DLP alert recipients from within the distribution list membership interface while keeping the DLP rules interface clean and organized.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alert new customers on the sign-up page that OneDrive (for personal) and OneDrive for Business (Office 365) are different services

The customers who originally have used OneDrive (for personal) signed-up Office 365 thinking that they can directly share the original data to OneDrive for Business.
    In fact, these two services are not the same and have no connection each other, so they need to migrate the original data to OneDrive for Business in the scenario.
    This is very confused for customers who don't know the difference, and there are customers who purchased Office 365 who wouldn't have to and could continued using only OneDrive (for personal) if they had known the difference and necessity of data migration.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outlook mailbox was migrated in the middle of UK office hours

Today an Outlook mailbox was migrated in the middle of UK office hours rendering it unusable during migration. The mailbox in question is the team lead of our support staff so the impact had the possibility of causing problems. I have threequestions:
    Why were we not informed of this migrating prior to it occurring?
    Why was this mailbox migrated in business hours?
    Will you be notifying us in future of mailbox migrations?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need a default, seperate Gal for all UnifiedGroups so they don't show up in the main Mail users GAL

When creating an email and you click on the address Book Icon in the Ribbon area,
    When you have a large GAL of users and you go to the address book Icon to search for users.
    There needs to be a separate GAL in the drop down of choices by default.
    One that would to be able to search for all the UnifiedGroups, and not be associated and muck up searches/views or mixed in with all the Users Main Global Address Book.
    It a pain to scroll through all the UnifiedGroups to find users to email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please make a way to add full admin privleges to all accounts past and present without running powershell every day/week, it takes all day

Please make a way to add full admin privileges to all accounts past and present without running power shell every day/week, it takes all day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Outlook does not allow to download all the attachments to Sharepoint.

Up to a couple of versions ago of Outlook, you could download all attached files of an email directly to SharePoint, now you can only down load all attachments to local driver or one by one to Sharepoint.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Restoring contacts or emails

Process is too complicated, using technical pages, Compliance (?) It should be a simple task, select restore items and types, download .pst from web interface

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug - People/Contacts Search not working

HELP - Can't search people/contacts like before. WHY?
    I used to be able to begin to type the name of a person in the search box called "search people". However, for the last few weeks it seems to have stopped working. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. Now, the only thing that works is if I type in the person's name, or part of their name in the box at the top, and then click on "Search Directory" at the bottom of the drop list that appears.
    This used to work. Not sure why it does not anymore. I've deleted all my…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notification from Office 365 Admin console if Directory Sync has problem

Notification from Office 365 Admin console if Directory Sync has problem

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adding Time Zones and Best time to call in service quest

When we create a ticket , it would be nicer to see a time zone option + Automatic population of country code + -Best time to call option?

Why? - Because the system admin wanted the engineer to call the user directly for remote users who dont have a local sysadmin

1. I am based in London / If i create a ticket at 10 pm, i wouldnt want someone to email me after hrs and calling me in landline -

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow the tenant to turn off service plans of a subcription by default, so when creating accounts they won't even show up to turn off.

Allow the tenant to turn off service plans of a subcription by default, so when creating accounts they won't even show up to turn off. Otherwise have to setup a running powershell script in case someone by accident turns on onedrive, or say sharepoint, but you don't want those features enabled

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide on Office 365 a link "forgot my admin id" that direct to an automated solution

Today if we for some reason forget what is our admin ID and do not find any email message associate to id, it's necessary to call Microsoft to recover our account, it's very stressful. Every single service on web provide a link to recover your account if you don't remember your login name, so should Office 365 and that's my goal here, to request Microsoft to provide a link "forgot my admin id" that direct to an automated solution

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base