Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable corporate branding when using a tenant URL

For instance, when I start at <tenant>.sharepoint.com, I get redirected to login.microsoft.com/login.srf. On this page, based upon my cookies, there are several accounts I've used to logon. BUT.. the page uses Microsoft's branding. I'd like this page to be configured to use the image, logos, and text I configured in AzureAD.

I can understand if someone starts at portal.office.com, then the system would have no idea what tenant the user is logging into. But if I'm starting with one of my URLs.. then please use my branding.

For those people we share our content with (external users), I'd like them…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. affichage outlook trop large dans le volet de navigation

Les espaces entre les dossiers dans le volet de navigation d'outlook sont trop larges (interligne) ce qui empêche une bonne vue d'ensemble lorsqu'iil s'agit de classer des mails dans les dossiers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provision OneDrive and OneNote accounts automatically

When an Office 365 license is applied to an organizational account, the OneDrive and OneNote accounts should be provisioned automatically. Right now, the user must physically login to their account online and manually open each of those items before their OneDrive or OneNote accounts are provisioned. In a school situation where you have hundreds or thousands of new users on a regular basis, this is an overwhelming task to complete before being flooded with support requests from frustrated users who cannot login. Just provision them automatically upon license application and apply them across platforms. IOS, Windows, and online.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Return the feature to hide Yammer/newsfeed

Return the ability to hide Yammer/Newsfeed for all users in Sharepoint online.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow departmental grouping of exchange admin so users can manage certain contacts thru OWA without giving them blanket access to exchange

Currently, you can give a user permissions to edit group membership thru OWA without letting them into the admin portal. It would be good to have the ability to get users manage certain groups of contacts, such as a manager updating contact info for his dept. Currently, if I want to give a user any rights like this, I have to give them blanket rights & access to the portal. There is no granularity when it comes to granting rights, nor ability to limit which people they can update. It's all or none. Ideally, I'd like to be able to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I was disappointed to see the mandatory bookmark feature still around in Word 2016. Please allow us to disable this!

I would like to request that Microsoft Word give us the option of disabling the bookmark that pops up every time we open a document. Those 4-5 seconds started out as a minor annoyance, but after opening a hundred documents, now I want to scream.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. API enhancement for External User Management

I understand there is currently no API or Powershell way to register external users before using the Add-SPOUser cmdlet to add them to a group. This means that I have a very manual step in a business process. We are looking to use SharePoint Online to securely share content with external business partners. So I have a business process that needs to validate who has access to what content. We are using DocAve Governance Automation as well as K2 business process workflow tooling, both of which utilize the SharePoint Online APIs, but there is no way for them or with…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delegated rights as admin

We are a foundation with 23 schools and 23 domains in 1 office365. We would like to give our system admin rights so they can change passwords for people in their own domain. We dont want to give them rights in other domains. This is not possible at the moment.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Exchange report that displays the inbound and outbound traffic per mailbox for a given period of time.

There is a built in report that shows traffic statics for the Top 10 senders; however, we need a report that show traffic statics for each individual mailbox. I have an executive that's wanting to monitor the amount of volume each box generates (inbound and outbound), and unfortunately, there is no report that I can easily run for him.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the Feature to restrict the user to access Company email through different Devices.

Add the new Feature to restrict the user to access Company email through different Devices by user wise not a device wise.(this is for some Company security policy)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve the O365 online support documentation for P1 Users

I needed to create a new site based on a template from and existing site. I could see no options in 'create new site' for template selection. I have done this successfully in the past, but the site admin has changed.
    I searched on-line for solutions and found documentation for administering E1 - E3 licenced sites and one reference that advised P! licence holders to look elsewhere.
    I searched through the site and admin menu items in case the appropriate functionality had been moved, but could find no guidance for creating sites from templates on P! licence admin.
    I raised…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the Custom Tiles and Helpdesk menu options to Company Profile for unlicensed Global Admins

At present, an unlicensed Global Admin does not get the Custom Tiles and Helpdesk menu options for the Company Profile admin menu - from the O365 Admin Center. This means that GAs created just for admin purposes don't have all the admin options that a licensed user does.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow admin to silence reminders (e.g license expiration)

Currently you have persistent reminders that will keep coming up no matter how many times we try to silence them. Please allow to dismiss them forever.
    ...or at least to snooze them for a few days
    ...or at least get rid of the sound.

Every time I change pages in the admin page, the reminders come again. Some are for subscriptions that we are not going to renew (most of them!), so please, make them stop.

Thank you

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Historical Mailbox reports like when created, disabled, reinstated, delegate access, duration of access.

We're often posed with questions as to who had access to a mailbox, when accessed, who had delegation and for how long. It would be nice to have some historical reporting on a mailbox. Maybe even location (IPs) where this access is occurring.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Quarantine access rule based on users in mobile device access rules

We checked in Exchange admin center, currently the device access rule is for organization wide, we would like that the device access rule can be improved so that we can filter based on users or groups

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to disable automatically created DNS records when using O365 as Name Servers

Currently when using O365 to host your DNS records you cannot adjust the automatically created DNS records such as the SPF record. It would be useful to be able to disable these so that custom ones can be used.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow end users the ability to govern the full permission of their own mailbox

Currently an administrator must run add-mailboxpermission, however users should be able to configure giving full access to their mailbox or at the very least being able to propagate permissions down a folder structure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to purge PST imports

I have been trialling the new PST Import feature and ran into an issue with a corrupt PST. It would be really handy if you could cancel/purge import jobs that are stuck as these just sat at in progress for about 2 days before switching to "completed with errors"

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. filter and sort domains by status and action

It would be really helpful for those of us with large amounts of domains to be able to sort and filter by the status and action. This would be really helpful while on boarding to manage the process without having to copy and paste in to Excel.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base