Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I like Outlook but don't see why we are forced to have "Search Folders" and "Groups" in the tree. It's great to have them as *options.*

I like Outlook but don't see why we are forced to have "Search Folders" and "Groups" in the tree. It's great to have them as options, but they are, as it stands, immovable clutter. I would like to suggest giving us the opportunity to hide or delete these two folders.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the MAPI option clearer in manuals

Manuals for connecting an O365 business account with Outlook 2013 always suggest using IMAP. I see now that the SaRA tool configured my account using MAPI, which is of course much better for synchronizing contacts and calendars. Maybe the manuals should at least mention the MAPI option?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SharePoint new alert notifications need to change back to original.

The old format was able to print the email alerts on share point from outlook without cutting off the text. New format changes functionality and removes certain links that was in original alert. Add old links in new format and fix text wrapping or go back to old share point email notifications .

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. excel error while selecting blanks in data filter

if we keep data filter still if we select blank column its still selecting the same

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the use of Custom domains in team site URLs

Allow the use of Verified Custom domains within the URL string of teamsites rather than just the name used to establish the tenant e.g. "***.onmicrosoft.com"

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give the option to be able to restrict certain users to view internal contacts profile photo.

We are a secondary school and all staff display their profile photo on Office365. This means all users including students can see staff photos which is a safeguarding issue. We would like to request the ability to restrict students from being able to view staff profile photos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow the admin to customize the ADR

The 'standard' ADR is horribly uninformative I think. There should be a means provided in a shared server environment to customize and/or create new ADRs that are tailored to the situation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add an audit log for mailbox owner

customer wants to add an audit log which could show mailbox owner's activities, not only non-owners'.

Please check this suggestion and improve the product in the next update.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. EAC Re-queue pending messages

I would like the ability to re-queue the pending messages so they are resent faster than 24-48 hours.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Admin to unpin/remove default tiles for all user accounts

We had removed the default container for PWA. And are using new containers. Although we can add custom tiles for the new containers. It would be nice to either change the path for the default tile to point to a new container. Or delete the tile from the app launcher.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow migration from web based Exchange Activesync (like Zoho Mail)

Hosts like Zoho mail offer Exchange ActiveSync through their admin panel, it works well enough but we don't have domain credentials. It would be nice if we could input their server (msync.zoho.com) and pull accounts similar to IMAP.

EAS covers Calendar and Contacts.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the option of importing groups via a csv file

There's no option in the GUI to import groups with a csv file. This is especially troublesome for people who have to transfer groups from older exchange servers into Microsoft 365. Your current system requires using Microsoft Powershell which is awful software. Powershell syntax is unique to Microsoft and is not based solely on any other scripting language. Having to learn it is a huge waste of time for anyone who isn't a Microsoft employee.

If you insist on making people use the command line to upload groups then at least change it to MySQL syntax so you aren't forcing…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. not able to open mail applet in control panel

i use outlook 2013 version to 15.0.4833.1001. but when i located to control panel to open mail. NO windows pop out ? Many users affected by this issue and they all use outlook 2013. I know i can fix this issue by upgrading to 2016 but i do need 2013 version. i tried online repair, but still not working. could you please help me to fix ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notify when settings changed by Remote PowerShell have been updated to the server

When we login to Remote PowerShell and due some change (like Set-CalendarProcessing or New-Mailbox), it takes several minutes for the change to be updated on the server.
    Though it is understandable that reflecting the change will consume some time, we want to be notified when the change acutually takes effect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. So far my experience with technical support has been very poor. 1) Language 2)Reading Request 3)Effective troubleshooting. Need better sup

So far my experience with technical support has been very poor.

1) Language Skills are Poor
    2) No matter how well I describe an issue, or document the symptoms, the engineer does not read them or use any of the information I provide to inform their suggestions.
    3) I see no sign of evidence based trouble shooting. I merely get a series of experiments to try and see if it magically fixes the issue.
    4) Unnecessarily waste my time by being uninformed and not having a diagnostic driven process.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Manage MFA user options integration in Admin Center

MFA options (security option, app passwords) are managed by user in "Office 365 options". To be managed by admin should be integrated in "Admin Center". E.g. in "Admin Center" => users => active users => "manage multi-facture authentication".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Let Office 365 have more than one Global admin with full rights/access.

Currently, if I understand rightly, only the original purchaser and person who set up the O365 account can be a global admin. Well, what if that person is no longer employed at your company? How does the new admin, or backup, gain global access?

If I understand correctly, the current choices that can be assigned by the global admin are:

Billing admin
    Password admin
    Service admin
    User management admin

Global admin cannot be assigned or shared?

The global admin should be able to see and reset user passwords. Currently even global admin cannot view passwords. That functionality is basic to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base