Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show group licensing in use and standardize how they work

It would be nice (read:extremely useful) to be able to see, at a glance, WHICH groups are used for group licensing, rather than having to seek out a group and see if any licenses have been assigned to it in the Azure Portal.

Additionally, we assign a "default" license for all users, but what is the point when MS assigns a license for every user when a new feature is enabled in O365? Licenses should be opt-in, not opt-out.

That, and settings seem to bounce between "you ARE permitted to add a license explicitly in O365 portal when Azure Group…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Mac split screen view work with Microsoft applications

From MS Helpline "Upon checking on my resources here, as of now the Split View for Office Programs are not yet applicable for devices for Apple or Mac. This is available for pc's and devices that has Windows OS only."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Postvak IN met prioriteit in- of uitschakelen in organisatie via office 365 beheercentrum

Our usersdon't want this focussed inboxex. We don't want to manage anything with poweshell. We only want to use the admin console.
    We 're using office 365 because we don't want to do technicall stuff, and Powershell is quitte technical

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to run an Admin report of Office Pro+ Installs on systems per user

Currently the only way that admins can see the systems that a user has activated Office Pro+ is by using the Office 365 Admin Center and viewing the activation's user-by-user. Would like the ability to run a PS command to generate a report which would provide the user and system name for each system they activate a license. Here is technet article describing the request. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2fe0ed3d-7f43-4df5-9530-6608f2226b59/office-365-use-powershell-to-list-computers-with-office-pro-plus-installed?forum=officesetupdeploy

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel 2016 - Certain value added to the cell is showing with more digits and not rounding up in the formula bar.

When in Excel 2016 I add 26785,0784 to any cell in any workbook, it shows as 26785,0783999999 in formula bar. I was able to replicate this with several computers. My regional setting formats are in finnish.

This is what Office support came up with:
    I just wanted to let you know that after the call, I did reproduce the issue by changing all my regional settings (including location) in Finnish and also adding Finnish to the language in Excel 2016 and same results. I decided to do this and change to other settings with other languages to see if there…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Google Drive to Third-party hosted storage services

Currently the only Third-party hosted storage service is Dropbox, the feature states "Allow people to use third-party hosted storage services" however all it enables is Dropbox. I suggest adding additional storage services specifically google drive.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Routing of Support Cases specific to the functionality ie CRM/CE

Why can't a put a support ticket directly in to the system for the area I am having issue with? I have received two phone calls from techs that have no idea how to help. If I need help with something I should be able to say what I need help with not have to wade thru your techs apologizing that they can't help.
    Your new manner of entering support incidents is not helpful to your end-users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow disabling auto displaying shared calendars on mobile devices.

Please allow disabling auto displaying shared calendars on mobile devices. We've had many user complain about seeing others calendars auto appear on their phones inline with their own appts and receiving notifications recently. Previously they only saw this in outlook which was OK if the user shared as it wasn't seen unless you specifically went to look.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: Allow user to administer live subscriptions

Currently if you have an old deprovisioned subscription, the admin options appear on this instead of a new live subscription.

There is an acknowledge bug by support. System incorrectly puts the options to administer a subscription on the wrong one.

I was asked to log this in UserVoice as the support team are unable to resolve or report bugs themselves.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide email templates for new features and major changes

While the message center provides admins change notification, admins are expected to communicate changes to their org. It would be very helpful if major message center notifications also provided templates for us to use to communicate to end users.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Microsoft Trainers to be able to close 'dummy' accounts.

I've recently run the 20347 MCSA O365 course with 3 delegates. At the end of the course the last action is to upgrade the account to use a Federation Server, which affects how you sign in. This is a 'one-way trip' as after this point the O365 accounts are unusable without the Federation Server.

At the end of the course the virtual machines are deleted, so there is no way to log back in.

The course instructions, on day 1, when setting up the accounts point you to create a fictitious user as domain admin: 'Holly Spencer' and all maintenance…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Terminated employee with AD Sync Account

A wizard for handling terminated employees who have accounts synced to on-premises AD using AD sync. Could include such options as

-disable the local account to prevent Windows logon
    -disable O365 account to prevent Portal logon
    -convert user mailbox to shared mailbox
    -(optionally)download user mailbox to pst
    -remove licence from O365 user
    -delete on-premises AD account
    -delete O365 account, retaining shared mailbox for access by other staff

These steps may need to be performed over a time period, so the ability to return to the wizard to take the next step for the user account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OWA UPDAT OF TODAY IS NOT GOID AND BLOCK IPAD APP

OWA UPDAT OF TODAY IS NOT GOID AND BLOCK IPAD APP

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. O365 Partner's assigned as Advisors are given misleading client subscription information...

When administering a client, via the Partner Dashboard, I am only able to see incomplete/misleading subscription data, for the client. My specific example was a client who was on an O365 Business Premium Trial, who had purchased licenses through me was not showing any paid subscriptions, in their O365 Admin Portal. The client and I were receiving warnings about the Trial expiring and yet I was not able to see the paid subscriptions. I could kind of see parts of them, in the Licenses section, as I could see 28 licenses when the Trial only accounts for 25. So, whilst…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    feedback taken  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow admins to deny users to log on to office 365 in given time periods of the day.

Allow admins to deny users to log on to office 365 in given time periods of the day, to protect workers that can not stop from working at home, from getting stress.

A time chart on the user level, where you can mark the time of day a person can use office 365 features would help us look out for our colleagues.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More granular roles would be nice. I would like to have a regular user be able to create email distribution lists only.

Ability to manage email distribution lists without any other privileges would be nice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Activity report for the changes done on Services and Addins

Currently, the admin activity on Services and Addins section is not being logged and no reports capture that. Confirmed this with Microsoft support channels. Admin activity on the Office 365 admin is essential for forensic, compliance audit and governance purpose.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to use the Intune Managed Browser instead of WebView for OneDrive

We would like the ability to switch the default web browser for OneDrive from WebView to the Intune Managed Browser. So that links opening in OneDrive automatically open in the Managed Browser.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base