Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trees! Kill some or "I like containers"

Users. The whole format needs an overhaul. Us old timers have used Microsoft LAN Manager (v1.0-v2.1, pre-AD) and were challenged when the user panels only showed lists of users. No organization other than that there were users. No column control, column sort control, and NO tree structure.

When you are dealing with 1000s of users, this can be a challenge to see quickly (at a glance) users within a container (which there are none).

The structure here should mimic the local AD structure. Instead of "views" (which forces the use of a specific local AD groups), use the local AD…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assign specified non-admin users the right to manage company contacts which will synchronize to all users.

Users are always asking to share their contact let's with each other. We should not allow end users to administer users accounts, but it would be convenient to allow one or more select users to manage a shared contact list that replicates to all users.

An alternative would be the ability to flag contacts that become part of a shared pool which synch to all users. On the receiving side you should be able to decide if you want to accept these Shared contacts or not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to drag and drop files between Library's on SharePoint online.

If you use meta data, and not folders in document libraries it is virtually impossible to move files from one library to another because you can’t drag and drop files from a grouped view. If you go to Windows Explorer View you can’t find files because they are arranged with meta data in Libraries. The ONLY way to do this is to individually download locally and then upload to different Library. Ridiculous and very time consuming.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customized backgroud image in custome theming

Hi, Teams

When we have a resolution beyond 1600*900, the backgroud image will be extended and not able to show complete. It looks like it get cut off and zoomed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Journal no longer works AUTOMATICALLY in O365 as used to do in Office 2007

Journal no longer works AUTOMATICALLY in O365 as used to do in Office 2007. Why the downgrade?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Compliance & Security: Extend Content Search Range

It would be nice to extend the Content Search range to more than 90 days to realize some real Legals Business Case Report support.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. People Search Issue

Issue: 1. Open People, 2. Open Directory, 3 click on All Users. 4. In Search People key in a known to be there name. 5. People with that name will be presented to you with a "Search Directory" click on below.
    Problem: It would seem intuitive that clicking on the person you want details on when the people with the searched name are presented to you should result in seeing that detail. This does not work. In order to find the person you must click on the "Search Directory" . I would say this is a not working as designed…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need Separate Billing for each new email user account

Our franchise will be creating new email user accounts for each new location. Instead of a centralized billing controlled by the Global Admin, we would prefer being able to separate or bill each new email user account separately. This would greatly simplify our accounting with regards to this matter.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove "unsubscribe" offer from emails sourced from official university accounts

There has got to be a way to remove or override the opt-out option for certain emails to our students. We send course and instructor evaluation emails en masse 3 times per year.

A freshman with a full course load could receive up to 5 evaluation requests each semester. If they decide to opt-out the first time, that is potentially 35 - 40 lost surveys for a single student over their career.

We have over 20,000 undergraduates alone; if students opt-out, that will significantly skew response rates and course/instructor evaluations university-wide.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. convert to shared mailbox fails if no license assigned

Convert to shared mailbox fails if you remove a users license before converting. The Web UI allows you to do this, but once the mailbox is converted, it is totally lost - it doesn't appear in regular or shared mailbox.

The solution is to re-assign the license to the user, but why does the UI let you do something that causes the mailbox to be lost? This is a known issue.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. billing access for partner

When I login using the Partner portal to a specific tenant, I can manage their organization for most everything, EXCEPT that I can not purchase new services (office 365 subsciptions as an example). When I try, I can add items to the cart, but when trying to check out it doesn't allow me to ... gives a "you do not have permission". As a partner of record, we do not have billing admin access.

It would be VERY helpful to be able to do this, since our clients don't want to administrator their organizations, they are paying us to do…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve access to the MFA app password maintence panel for Office 365 end users

Multi-factor authentication requires that desktop applications such as Skype use app passwords. These are generated by the user, then copied into the login password prompt when Skype is first started. Finding the menu option to do this, however, is EXTREMELY OBSCURE, and will baffle even some tech support staff unless they know exactly where to look. The reason is the option is found here:

1. Sign in to Office 365 using your password and verification code.

2. Choose Settings > Office 365.

3. Choose Security & Privacy > Additional security verification.

4. Choose Update my phone numbers used for account security.

UPDATE MY PHONE…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow deletion of SharePoint Online sites that have subsites

Instead of just not allowing the deletion of SharePoint Online sites that have subsites, show a confirmation page where the admin has to select (i.e. with checkboxes) the site he/she want's to delete and all it's subsites. This way the user will know what exactly he is deleting and it would be easier than to delete all the subsites first.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Full Support for Unicode emojis in MailFlow rules

I went to add an emoji to a subject line (within mailflow rules) only to discover that one of two emojis I was trying to use "wasn't supported". This is an emoji that's been around for years, so it suggests that Microsoft is pretty far behind on Unicode support within the platform.

Upon opening a support ticket, I was informed that most aren't compatible, which made absolutely no sense to me, since I can use them all within my mail client. This suggests the mailflow rules are in dire need of an update.

The Emoji in question that I was…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Administrator to Track read and delivery receipts using group policy

Allow Administrator to Track read and delivery receipts using group policy in a hybrid environment, As onprem exchange will be able to track and not the O 365 because of the target email address. And no authorization on Azure AD vs Cloud mailbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Temorarily hold email with too many recipients and warn sender

As an Exchange online admin (or any other mail system admin for that matter) it would be nice if one could enable some kind of automated process where a user is warned about emails with too many recipients.
    We've all received those annoying (or possibly damaging) emails send to dozens of people whose email addresses become unnecessarily exposed to everyone else. In many cases the email is for a legitimate purpose, and we know the sender should rather have BCCed everyone, or sent individual emails, or something.
    Is there a way in Exchange Online to enable a temporary hold on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 오피쓰『종로오피』『』종로건마 종로휴게텔ㅴ종로키스방ウ종로마사지

HTTPS://WWW.OPSS3.COM 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔 종로키스방 종로마사지 오피쓰 종로오피 종로건마 종로휴게텔…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 장한평오피[장한평건마]오피쓰"[장한평휴게텔]장한평키스방 장한평마사지

장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 https://www.opss3.com 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔 장한평키스방 장한평마사지 오피쓰 장한평오피 장한평건마 장한평휴게텔…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to drill to a users list from Billing Licenses

When reviewing the license counts in use under Billing - Licenses you should be able to click on the count and see a list of users that are a part of that count. The other option would be to show counts within Users - Active Users when filtered so that we can verify that the two match.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 关于office365 owa online版“”People”的联系人中通讯录搜索问题

关于office365 owa online版“”People”的联系人中通讯录搜索问题,搜索联系人出来后无法勾选删除,16年之前是可以的也很方便,但是现在为什么不可以了呢? 能否改进一下,谢谢!另外,联系人可以导入但无法导出,这也是一个问题。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base