Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to search for messages with an attachment in the gui or via powershell

Would be nice to be able to search for messages within the last 7 days which have had attachments. Ideally via the Portal website GUI, so end users can do this. Powershell nice for us administrators though.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create and addition feature ring that first include partners only for bug testing

This makes more sense. Partners have a vested interest in making sure the products are supportable. One of the biggest problems I have with Microsoft is that when I find bugs, I can't get them fixed for customers. Creating a ring first for partners will allow us to report errors sooner so we don't get nightmare calls in the field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. An administrator can know a single query what information (files, folders ... ) a user is sharing and the permissions on all the sites in a

An administrator can know a single query what information (files, folders ... ) a user is sharing and the permissions on all the sites in a site collection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add cmdlet to control archive policy for subfolders

ref case SRX615110193331060ID, for some reason iPhone messed up archive policies of some 100 subfolders
    only possible way was to change manually folder by folder or delete custom archive policy
    if this happens with a default archive policy, no idea if it can be deleted
    or have the option to cascade the policy in the GUI

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dynamic Distribution Groups - Recipient filters by manager should not require the full path of the manager including the server they're on.

Currently, creating creating a recipient filter for a DDG based on manager requires you to specify the full path of the manager including the server they reside on. Since this server can change suddenly and with no warning, these groups break randomly. The recipient filter logic should be changed to be server agnostic.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow multiple display names

On on-premise exchange servers you can use display name and simple display name, and set up sdn to be for remote domain and display name for internal domains, and therfore have two display names.
    I would like a similar feature in O365

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notifications lors d'un nouvel email sur boite au lettre supplémentaire et boites aux lettres partagé.

Notifications lors d'un nouvel email sur boite au lettre supplémentaire et boites aux lettres partagé.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give correct error message when removing a domain

In Office 365 portal it won't let you remove a domain if there are users with that domain as an alias to their email. However the removal process doesn't tell you that and just keeps spinning trying to remove it.

Would suggest that it tells you that you have aliases, and allows you to view / download a list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. cannot set up access or publisher

the opaque and difficult set up for office 365 does not allow me to easily and simply include access and publisher. i can see it on my desk top but after an hour with tech support i still cannot see it on office 365 online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1. The Administrators can see a List of Shares with the function to Filter Specific User so that they can aggressively delete the shares wi

1. The Administrators can see a List of Shares with the function to Filter Specific User so that they can aggressively delete the shares without any impact from Users.

2. In Shared with me, Users can delete the Shares that have been established to them if they want.

3. Sharing with Groups enable the Shared Folders to be appeared in Shared with me section of each of OneDrive for Business.

4. Force to delete the file or folder that has been locked (Solved).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to see the FROM and BCC options placed in the message options box alongside encryption etc or from the drop down menu

I have a unique situation where I use digital certificates for encryption between some parties on my primary email address and I by default add a cert to all outbound mail (public cert to match my private). However as soon as I select to always show FROM I loose my digital certificate interface. I understand this is because the cert is tied to an address and have no issues with that.

My issue lies in the fact I need to go in and turn on always show from just to be able to send from one of my other attached…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customise the limit of recipients a given user can email at one time

I would like the ability to assign a policy to a student license that only allows them to email a particular number of recipients (10 in total).
    I would like to be able to assign a policy to a faculty license that allows them to send to 5000 recipients.

This will stop mass mailing internally. This has caused my students to start arguments over email, thankfully we have been able to mitigate against any fights so far.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Public Folder Audit facilities

Several of our customers use public folders but have lost confidence in because of apparently random permission changes and document loss. They would like some way of auditing changes to permissions and the deletion of documents.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to move content across site collection with metadata,vensions and links

Ability to move content across site collection with metadata,vensions and links across site collections

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide for insertion of RCPT-TO (envelope sender) in messages

When using an email filter in the mail flow to Bcc a message to an alternate destination, the envelope sender (RCPT-To) is understandably changed to the new Bcc destination. It would be nice to be able to include the original envelope destination in, e.g. in an X-Original-To header.

This could be done with a dedicated option, or by allowing variable substitution in the "add a header" filter action.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. paramétrer outlook de sorte que s'ouvre non seulement la messagerie, mais aussi le calendrier et les tâches

il serait agréable de paramétrer outlook de sorte que s'ouvre non seulement la messagerie, mais aussi le calendrier et les tâches, les fenêtres justement dimensionnées en plein écran.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need Billing Admin in Small Business Licenses.

Small Business licenses need to be able to assign a Billing Admin. The Global administrator is infrequently the Accounting Team or a Billing Administrator. Billing Admin needs to be able to access invoices and make payments without giving them the keys to the kingdom!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)