Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Under Office 356, mail flow when blocking Email attachments, it would be nice to know the the blocked email notice what .ext triggered rule

Under Office 356 mail flow when blocking Email attachments, it would be nice to know the the blocked email notice what .ext triggered rule

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 50 records limit for DNS delegated to O365

Recently we've found out that there is a limit of 50 rectords in DNS, when it's delegated to O365.
    It's a disaster for us.

1. We already created more than 60 and it was fine. The limit has appeared a month ago without any prior notice

2. There is no any documentation about that.

Proposal - make possible to increase this limit on request from customers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Monitoring role that can can read from management APIs (For SCOM, OMS, etc)

Currently you need a global admin account or a custom app (In Azure AD) to access the O365 Management APIs. Ideally, there would be an O365 role that would allow access to these providing global admin to the account. This would help companies follow a least-privileged model.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Once a license is not renewed, PLEASE OFFER TO DISABLE REMINDERS! I get a reminder EVERY SINGLE SCREEN REFRESH! PLEASE TURN IT OFF!!!

Once a license is not renewed, PLEASE OFFER TO DISABLE REMINDERS! I get a reminder EVERY SINGLE SCREEN REFRESH! PLEASE TURN IT OFF!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Yammer: Download/forward posted files in yammer using mobile devices ios

Hello,

please provide an way to download or forward posted files in yammer using mobile devices ios.
    Using the yammer App on my Apple devices, I opended a posted file (pdf,pptx etc) an it could only be cloded.
    For that reason, an additional buttom for "opening in Word, Excel, or sent to" will be very helpful.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Repair migration tool from third party mail service provider e.g. Gmail

When admin wants to use migration tool available from Exchange admin center, there is no guarantee, if migration will complete successfully, even if migration will ever stopped automatically and after manual stopping migration, the connection still exists and is able to receive mail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reduce DNS lookups in O365 SPF record

Adding include:sharepointonline.com to an existing SPF record consumes a total of 5 lookups out of the 10 supported by the SPF standard.

This limits the our ability to use other mail services on our key domains, especially while in a hybrid environment.

Can the address ranges needed be reduced or consolidated into fewer nested Includes? One or two lookups for a service is acceptable, consuming half of those available is excessive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Exchange Online and Sharepoint to view local AD schema extensions.

I would like to allow Local AD schema extensions to be visible in Exchange Online and SharePoint.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Office 365 License reports - ability export to csv for different license options.

Currently we have a call open to extract user information for ever user provided a SharePoint License. Provide an export option in the portal to do so.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow search mail by local time zone when track maillogs.

i cannot track maillog by local time zone. please help develop this feature.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since you can't manage shared mailboxes from the main admin portal, it shouldn't be available there. Similar probs on ios app.

Since you can't manage shared mailboxes from the main admin portal, it shouldn't be available there. Managing shared mailboxes only works in the Exchange admin, not the main admin page. Similar probs on ios app. Either fix the main page, or remove the option and force people to keep using the Exchange portal. Don't leave a broken option in the main page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open Disconnected Online archive O365 by another user on Primes

in Hybrid environment, when primary mailbox is on premise and online archive is on Office365 (Exchange Online), I want a new user to be able to open an old user online archive (O365) while the old user is resigned and his/her mailbox/online archive are de-provisioned.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Exchange Online Protection (EOP) customers should be emailed when the list of EOP sending IPs changes

When the EOP sending IPs change some inbound emails bounce until the receive connector on our on-premise Exchange is updated to match.
    But the only way to know that the EOP sending IPs has changed is to check a TechNet page (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn163581(v=exchg.150).aspx).
    This isn't good enough. You know an EOP IP change will affect most of your EOP customers, so you should notify them directly.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simplify the process of adding a new email user

My two pages of instructions for simply adding a new user demonstrates how ludicrously tedious this process has become.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable BST timezone Feature for message trace

There should still be an option for us to apply the same time zone that we work in.
    Currently the message trace doesnt show the same time as the time zone that we are working on as it doesnt take into account BST.

Request is to Make the mail flow message trace show the correct time for people on a UK/Ireland tenant. I.e BST Or there to be a setting to turn on BST.
    Currently it shows -1 hour to the actual time on the persons machine.
    Without this its very confusing for a servicedesk team who need to -1…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Complete documentation for the setup of MDM please

There is no documentation in the O365 admin portal Security & Compliance\Device Security Policy setup that states you need Intune to complete the setup task for iOS devices. Why is it that I only find out about this prerequisite when an iOS device fails to install Corporate Portal and there is a small link (learn more) to docs.microsoft.com?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow GUI based name changes in hybrid environment

We processed a name change for a client employee. We made the change to the on-premise Active Directory, then ran DirSync to bring it to O365. After the change, we did not have the ability to edit the userid to the new email address, it was greyed out, nor could we add an alias and make it primary, it was also greyed out. We resolved the issue by running a Powershell command, but it's the kind of change that happens frequently, and should have been permitted in the GUI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please send emails to administrators during work hours

This is a minor request with an easy fix.

I am IT support for a few small companies. I leave my phone on 24/7 so that anyone can contact me if there is an emergency. (Once or twice a year, I'll get an email in the middle of the night from a client.)

But, Microsoft is always sending me 365 emails in the middle of the night - things that aren't emergencies - like status updates on subscriptions and whatnot.

I don't see why Microsoft can't arrange for their emails to be sent during work hours.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Domain rights delegate to specific person

Microsoft have the features to delegate rights to specific person in MS products. However, it's not happening for Office 365. The cloud solution should have flexibility to mange various domains by different people instead of ONE super domain administrator .

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base