Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add the Country ARUBA to the listing which used +297 as the telephone Code

We want to sign up from ARUBA and have the phone code for recovery work, but at this moment it is not possible. we are afraid we wont be able to change this option afterwords.

thank you,

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Top CC and TOP BCC reports

Currently, we only have TOP Recipient and TOP sender reports. However, we would like to have a new feature to filter also the TOP CC and TOP BCC reports.

Hope this feature can be released soon.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't force admin center preview UI, but let us choose default old admin UI.

Please let admins choose the default admin UI. Each time we log on we need to change to old one.
    Old one is much less performant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email retention policy

I was told by the integration company that emails are going to be archived as long as I have the O365 account. So, we made a process where when an employee leaves the organization, we deactivate his license and activate it if we needed to retrieve important information from his/her email.
    I had a user left the organization and I reactivated the license after 4 months to find out no emails anymore. I have $100,000 proposal sitting there, how do I retrieve? If I was not mis-informed, I would have put a process to archive the emails when an employee…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow disabling parts of the Sharepoint Online environment

A license of Sharepoint online is needed for using Delve, OneDrive, Sites, Newsfeed.
    However - we only want to use the OneDrive functionality for now. Even if there are ways in the customizing to remove the items from the app launcher - via indirect ways users can still access these features.
    The request is to be able to disable certain functions of the Sharepoint Online platform

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to filter the default reports in Office 365 admin portal, section reports.

I would like to see the ability to filter these reports based on the domain since we are using 1 tenant for multi domains. It should be able to apply the filter on most all reports, also OneDrive for Business & Skype For Business reports.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New calendar does not allow details to be displayed on Published calendar.

OWA- Created new calendar. Published - Used URL to view calendar but when you double click the event, the details do not show. I get a 500 error. Here is the URL;https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/c2abb0c28eb14b60b861b8675ddbca6a@nwihabitat.org/a23b0692aac742cda42581acf4327af44832290233990022823/calendar.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keep logs for deprovisioned users for 10 days

Logs of email messages and user access are not kept when an account is reprovisioned. Data related to an account/email address is kept for 90’s after a license is removed from an account. The logs associated with that account should be kept for at least 10 days to 30 days.

This caused an issue after a license was accidentally removed from a user and added back less than an hour later. Message Trace logs and connected device information was lost for the one user. This made it difficult to prove a time sensitive email was sent from a user account…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. cx has some suggestions about OWA group

cx wants to allow 100 specific users join OWA group without any approval from group owner. Please try to add more options when creating owa groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restore modified contact

There should be a way to restore modified contact in the Exchange Admin Center.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable native syncing of Outlook catagories for easy move to a new computer.

It's very difficult to transfer categories in Outlook when upgrading to a new installation of MS Outlook on another machine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Incident Management Mailbox in transport rule is not working

The Incident Management Mailbox in transport rule is not working

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When customer purchases EOP only, there should be a link for domain purpose that is only filtering. Since it is not it is misleading

When customer purchases EOP only, there should be a link for domain purpose that is only filtering. Since it is not it is misleading

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. search returns only 5 results

Main Search Function only returns 5 results by design, Doenst tell you there may be more results than shown

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide custom fields while user creation with drop down feature for 3-4 options of user definable fields.

Provide custom fields while user creation with drop down feature for 3-4 options of user definable fields. This helps for tenets who are not dependent on on-premise AD or exchange.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The mobile devices page is very confusing - I suggest it should show the device name instead of (or as well as) the device type

I ended up wiping my current Lumia 950 (Windows 10 mobile) because it was shown as WP8 - so I assumed that was my old Lumia with WP8 on it! A support team member showed me that the "Details" screen shows which device it is but I still believe the "!Type" column is not only useless but actually confusing. Why no show the device name instead (or as well)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bug in New O365 Admin Portal View

Our Service Desk team has an O365 admin account to assign and remove licenses to our employees. They temporarily upgraded their portal to the new view and were suddenly unable to assign licenses. They received an error that said "Failed to assign product licenses". Upon rolling back to the old view, they were able to assign licenses again. This seems to be a bug in the upgrade.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The photo box feature on e-mail is terribly annoying. Please get rid of it.

The photo box feature on e-mail is terribly annoying. Please get rid of it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base