Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. All information and alerts of Message Center in Admin Area

As the request of other users, it is possible show the recente updated information, alerts and messages of Office Insider and other testing programs that we have adhere in a dashboard área in Office 365 Admin center. Save our time of search at diferent areas

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. exchange addin

Manage exchange addins by groups.
    Right now you can only manage by user. If you want to provide to targeted groups, you need to do it threw a script. It would be better if the option to provide by groups would be available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Service Request needs REQUIRED fields for contact

We are a state government O365 client. We recently submitted a ticket for Microsoft Premier Support through O365 admin portal. We did not get a response and had to contact our support liaison and escalate within our state's contract oversight.

We were told we had not been contacted because there was no contact info in the ticket.

The fields in the form were "title", "error message" and "Description". After the ticket was created there was "Notes".

If contact info cannot be pulled from the account and must be in the ticket, then there should be separate, REQUIRED fields for contact…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to backup and restore enitre email accounts from the admin panel and download the pst files from there

Having to put an account on a computer with outlook to backup a pst file is so 10 years ago. It would be great for busineses to easily backup email accounts as pst files and archive them off the 365 portal directly. Like start the process, and when it is done, it is sitting in your one drive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Switching between MS products

I WAS considering buying Business Premium as I want the ability to record Skype calls, maybe do webinars and I understand that there is also a calendar scheduling program MS offers on this version, too.

I have office 365 home till 3/19

I know that I can have 30 days trial of Business Prem to check things out and I am considering it.

However, I am very disappointed that if I go the next step (and want to buy BP)at I would have to pay for BP and then cancel Home and all I get is a token for a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. View total items in a cloud mailbox under Mailbox Usage tab

With Exchange 2010 EMC, you can open an on premise mailbox and see the Total Items inside that mailbox. With Exchange Online, you cannot see this in the cloud mailbox. Under mailbox usage you only see the total size.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Administrators to see All Users and thier Associated permissions

I am shocked, that there is no way to see all users in a SharePoint online tenant and their permissions. It would be nice to have a dashboard where you can get a list of users in the online tenant, click on a user to reveal their profile including everything they have access to. I used to be able to use an app called Sushi in my SharePoint 2007 farm, where I was able to choose a user and it listed All permissions and whether they were inherited or granted.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to save files as they need to rather than dealing with "Make sure the fil/path name doesn't contain more than 218 characters"

Allow users to save files as they need to rather than dealing with "Make sure the fil/path name doesn't contain more than 218 characters"

We didn't have this issue with our server which ran on Server 2012. This issue needs to be fixed quickly as we have switched 2 of our companies over to the cloud and all employees are using SharePoint. We spend a lot of money monthly for this service Please fix immediately.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Leave a copy of messages while applying mail flow routing rule

Can you add option for leave a copy of messages while applying mail flow routing rule?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Ability for Business Prospects to Block Time on my Calendar

I have just come from a business conference where I have come away with 25 new business prospects. I want to invite them to block a phone meeting with me on a prescheduled date. For example, I have blocked out October 31, and want them to book 30 minute slots within that time frame. Since each is with a different company, I don't want them to know each other, I only want them to see open or booked times on the October 31 calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Clear recent items on Office 2016 (WORD and others) for Mac

All Mac OSX capable apps offer option to clear list of recent files. All but Office 2016 (and this is a feature that 1) we had with Office 2011 and 2) that Windows users still have. I have recently decided to upgrade from Office 2011 to 365 subscription, and this is a feature that I now miss. Not teh only one, but one.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. allow a user to be able to edit the document without having the ability to download it as well

allow a user to be able to edit the document without having the ability to download it as well

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. provide options for write lock out

provide an admin option to change the write lock out time. 10 minutes is way too long for a fast paced business as it is creating sync issues

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. automatically increment & decrement licenses based on assignment

When I want to add a new license of any product I have to purchase a license before I can apply it. When i remove an employee, I have to manually decrement the license count so we arent in an overlicensed scenario.
    I would like the system to automatically add and remove licenses based on actual assignment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Recover Deleted Items increase to 30 days

We are using Exchange Online (2013). We would like to change the Recover Deleted Items default of 15 days to 30 days. It can be done easily, with a PowerShell command. But guess what, it only applies to users CURRENTLY in the organization. Every time a new user is added, you have to re-run the PowerShell command. Holy 1985 Batman.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Office 365 new sign-in experience, not able to hide "Keep me signed in"

With new sign-in experience of Office 365, I am unable to hide "Keep me signed in". I checked the setting and it is still set to "No". Is it a known issue?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. project online sharing

sharing is not possible with new created users on project online

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Búsqueda y auditoria

Cordial saludo,

En la búsqueda de contenido debería existir un filtro que me permita indicar si la búsqueda es en Skype, Correo o otras aplicaciones.

Adicional en los resultados de la búsqueda, poder visualizar mas de 100 registros ya que en un proceso de auditoria es mas fácil visualizar la información en este modo y no en un archivo exportado, puesto que en un archivo CSV es mas complicado de buscar la información.

Quedo atento.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After Office 365 version 1701, build 7766.2099, running macros with loops causes Excel 2016 to freeze

We needed to revert back to earlier versions of O365 in order to avoid this issue and can not allow automatic updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need to add Auto Notification to senders "

We would like to see an option to set the automatic reply option domain wise, so that whenever we receive an email from external sender they should get automatic reply something like "Thank you for contacting us, we are reviwing your request and will respond shortly...Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base