Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 666

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. skype for business microsoft teams admin center management for global admin vs skype admin

currently skype admins does not have access to meeting policies, settings, and live events under skype and teams admin center dashboard. they can only view conference bridges and message policies.

we do not want to have more global admins setup and since microsoft is gearing towards skype-teams integration, I would like to see skype admin being able to access teams settings as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Control the number of rings (or the amount of time in seconds) for incoming calls using Skype PSTN services before they go to voicemail.

Need to be able to extend the amount of time or rings of the incoming Skype PSTN phone call before it goes to voicemail or forwarding. Just not enough time to get to the call sometimes, especially when using Skype app on the cell.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add The Ability For Administrators to Change a Skype For Business User's Outbound Caller ID

I would really like for the ability to specify Outbound Caller ID. Lacking this feature (and a few others) is preventing us from using Skype For Business to replace some of our client's current PBX platforms.

I am sure that Microsoft wants to have a larger PBX market share and hope they will soon give us the ability to request CNAM database changes in their PBX.

Cellular service providers allow clients to make these changes when logged into their web portals, so Microsoft could do the same in the admin portal.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get-CsUserActivitiesReport should show users with no activity

Currently I can see users with a blank LogonDate in the user activity reports on the Admin Center. However when running the PowerShell cmdlet Get-CsUserActivitiesReport these users are removed. The PowerShell cmdlet should show the same content that is in the Admin Center.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Contacts information during the migration from Skype for Business to Microsost Teams

Dear All

when a skype online account is migrated to Teams, what happens to his/her contact? Especially, external contacts not noted on somewhere are important and should not be lost.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Removal of credit cards

Please make it feasible to remove credit cards from admin center.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Skype and Skype for Business Recipient Group Permissioning

To be honest, it feels like we I.T. people have just been dealt an interesting problem in the form of everyone now getting Skype and Skype for Business. Skype can be a great means of collaborating with co-workers, customers and potential customers. It can also be used to be completely unproductive by chatting with friends and others outside of business during work hours.

I.T. should be able to add contacts into an approved group and then Skype and Skype for Business should only have conversations with the members of that group. In fact--given that bandwidth costs money--there should be a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. we need a log report for Skype for business, like at what time user logged in and how much time he is available, busy, away.

we need a log report for Skype for business login detail's, like at what time user logged in and how much time he is available, busy, away.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to change "Lobby" music

When a user is waiting to be admitted into the meeting/conference call they hear music and it has pauses in it which gives the idea they have been disconnected. Allow admins to be able to customize what users listen to while waiting to join the meeting.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. searching for new User/Service phone numbers

When searching for a New User Number or a New Service Numbers in the Skype for business Admin Center I am limited to searching for only 12 phone numbers. Not only is this limitation very annoying but that annoyance is compounded because Microsoft assumes I will want those 12 random phone numbers that are returned because they are all pre-selected. I am looking for specific vanity phone numbers and I know I am not the only person with this problem.

In able to make my search easier, Microsoft should make one of two search features available.
    1. The ability to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. thank about health

no drugs only health

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. after recent change in Skype for business with Team "External access feature only has the option to allow or block certain domains"

after recent change in Skype for business with Team "External access feature only has the option to allow or block certain domains". if we set External access with "Users can communicate with Skype users" any external user can communicate to internal user without accepting his\her request. Previously we didn't had this issue. can you please set policy in "Users can communicate with Skype users" only after accepting request external user can call\IM on skype for business with internal users?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. want to use Powershell to automatically connect to EXO/O365, no need to enter password and MFA challenge

want to use Powershell to automatically connect to EXO/O365, no need to enter password and MFA challenge

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the S4B admin center use the same auth token as the rest of Office 365

Right now, every time I click through from the O365 admin center to the S4B admin center, I have to log in again. This behaviour is on all tenants I have access to.

PS: your category chooser shows "Lync admin".

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to choose your service door location for Teams in the admin portal

Currently our service location front door is set far away from our locale, however there is no information or way to set our service front door location to a closer proximity to reduce ping latency and jitter during teams connections.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Constative Transfers of Skype for Business Online calls

When Transferring allow the person making the transfer to have a private conversation with the person receiving the call without needing to make multiple calls. This a standard feature in many phone systems I am a partner and the lack of this deal breaker to many customers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Communications Credits billed per minute as an Add-on to Audio Conferencing is too Expensive

Other providers offer a defined cost per month without having a separate charge on the number of minutes consumed by toll free dial in participants. Having this separately billed is just too expensive for meetings that would take a whole day, for example.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Teams: create an option to get banner notifications only for "favorited" contacts

I want to receive a banner notification when I receive a chat from a specific person (favorite), i.e. my manager, whenever they post in a chat, Team, or send me a direct message. We can add contacts to our favorites, but I want to be notified with a banner when I receive a message from a "favorited" contact, so I never miss a message from my supervisor, manager, leadership, etc..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base