Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix issues with simultaneous ring/forwarding settings to ring another user with incoming call

Simultaneous ring feature within the forwarding options does not work consistently. Often it rings the delegate who has been selected to receive the simultaneous ring, but it does not ring the original user.
    Please fix this feature of Lync, or fix the feature on Skype for Business app. With the latter, the software does not allow you to select the name of a fellow user to simultaneously ring.

Additionally, when call-forwarding turned off, often the user hears the call ringing but does not see the pop-up window appear to answer the call, then it flashes briefly without enough time to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide shared mailboxes from the Skype contact list

We use shared mailboxes in O365 and have set the Exchange property "Hide from address lists" to false for some of those. However, when we use the "Find someone" box in Skype for Business, these hidden mailboxes still appear in the list. Is there anyway to hide them from Skype?

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort Skype for business (Lync) GROUPS alphabetically. Omitted over many revisions, especially for business.

I have many thousands in my company and interact with individuals mainly by their groups, so as people leave or join the company, my Lync groups content changes. This makes group names my hierarchical focus when I need to contact a resource. To have to look up and down a list of 50 unsorted group names each time, for the specific group I need, so as to contact a resource, is a pain without alphabetical sorting. The feature to sort groups as well as individuals should be a given but MS has left it out in revisions of this product,…

170 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the admin to create a default contact list for Skype for Business.

Allow the administrator to create groups and whole contact lists to deploy to their users for Skype for Business.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Contact Groups in Skype for Business to be sorted alphabetically & to toggle between manual and default sort (alphabetically).

I have created many contact groups in Skype for Business and I want to be able to resort them all alphabetically to save time searching through my whole list to find a group. I know I can currently move the groups manually into the order I want them, but with 40 + groups, that will take a long time, time I don't have to spend while working in a call center environment.

There is a regkey value for Communicator (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Communicator<SIP URI>\GroupStateCacheU\SortGroups REG_BINARY) which can be deleted to set sort order back to default. I attempted to delete this value for…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow CSP admins to connect to CSP customers skype service

with:
    New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $Cred -OverrideAdminDomain
    choose CSP customer domain & CSP admin account

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make default text ininvitations for PSTN conferencing (Skype for Business online) understandable for users

The default text (in German) for PSTN conferencing in Skype-Meeting invitations is hard to understand.

It reads:
    "Per Telefon teilnehmen

Gebührenpflichtige Nummer: +41432105712 (Dial-in Number) Deutsch (Deutschland)

Lokale Rufnummer suchen"

Better would be:
    "Per Telefon teilnehmen

Einwahl-Nummer: +41432105712
    Lokale Einwahl-Nummer suchen"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. audit the global teams settings changes

noticed when changing a setting this wasn't visible in the audit logs

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Skype for Business no funciona en un Server 2008 R2 por terminal Service.

Skype for Business no funciona en un Server 2008 R2 por terminal Service, se contacto al personal de soporte de Microsoft Colombia y tampoco se pudo solucionar, la version Free funciona perfecto.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Skype for Business no funciona en un Server 2008 R2 por terminal Service.

Skype for Business no funciona en un Server 2008 R2 por terminal Service, se contacto al personal de soporte de Microsoft Colombia y tampoco se pudo solucionar, la version Free funciona perfecto.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More frequent updates on Skype CQD poor call data

Today Skype poor call data lags several days behind. I would like having daily (preferably even hourly) updates. This makes immediate troubleshooting and response possible instead of 5 days after the fact.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More conferencing policies to be accessed via the SfB admin portal UI.

Many of my customers have requested the ability for more client conferencing policies to be accessed via the SfB admin portal UI. For example the ability to enable/disable screen sharing rather than using PowerShell.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the S4B admin center use the same auth token as the rest of Office 365

Right now, every time I click through from the O365 admin center to the S4B admin center, I have to log in again. This behaviour is on all tenants I have access to.

PS: your category chooser shows "Lync admin".

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Skype for Business Admin Center does not launch Error Correlation ID: 2023253118

From Office Admin Center, Skype for Business does not launch. Unknown Application Error Correlation ID: 2023253118 3/13/2018 3:37:48 PM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Microsoft Teams license is activating Skype for Business license

We do not use Skype for Business Online (Plan 2) so we disable this license, but still Skype accounts are created. We do not use the Skype cloud solution, but an on premise one. The issue started a month ago and happens to all the new users, possible connected to the Major Update.

I've found out that disabling the Microsoft Teams license, the Skype account is also deleted. This behavior was not before February.
    It is more likely that our organisation will start using Teams, but during the transition we are still going to use the on premise Skype solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great to be able to add pictures to staff with the option of disabling for certain applications.

Staff are happy to have their images available to other staff (in Skype for Business, Teams, Yammer, etc) but would like them disabled for Outlook so that they're not going outside the business to other people.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Constative Transfers of Skype for Business Online calls

When Transferring allow the person making the transfer to have a private conversation with the person receiving the call without needing to make multiple calls. This a standard feature in many phone systems I am a partner and the lack of this deal breaker to many customers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lighter on-premise skype SIP address management for dirsync customers

According to Microsoft they recommend I ask my first line users (who create user accounts) to use ADSI edit to add the SIP address. I really don't want my first line users messing around in ADSI edit. Microsoft provide Exchange on-premise licenses for customers who want to use dirsync. They should provide the same or other solution for Lync/Skype

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Changing default setting for Skype For Business to coordinate with primary option.

Kind of a weird default for setting - enabling external user option to add does not technically work until the Skype For Business admin center -> organization -> external communications -> external access is changed to be opposite from its default setting (ie. changed to "On except for blocked domains) - suggestion for software enhancement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. skype for business contact list

we urgently need to add office365 contact into Skype for business contact list.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base