Office 365 Admin

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort Skype for business (Lync) GROUPS alphabetically. Omitted over many revisions, especially for business.

I have many thousands in my company and interact with individuals mainly by their groups, so as people leave or join the company, my Lync groups content changes. This makes group names my hierarchical focus when I need to contact a resource. To have to look up and down a list of 50 unsorted group names each time, for the specific group I need, so as to contact a resource, is a pain without alphabetical sorting. The feature to sort groups as well as individuals should be a given but MS has left it out in revisions of this product,…

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      16 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • delete microsoft team conversation

It is better to manage the conversation of Microsoft Team. I suggest we could delete conversation or we could remove at least the member of conversation.

76 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow Contact Groups in Skype for Business to be sorted alphabetically & to toggle between manual and default sort (alphabetically).

I have created many contact groups in Skype for Business and I want to be able to resort them all alphabetically to save time searching through my whole list to find a group. I know I can currently move the groups manually into the order I want them, but with 40 + groups, that will take a long time, time I don't have to spend while working in a call center environment.

There is a regkey value for Communicator (HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Communicator\<SIP URI>\GroupStateCacheU\SortGroups REG_BINARY) which can be deleted to set sort order back to default. I attempted to delete this value for…

45 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • skype for business contact list

we urgently need to add office365 contact into Skype for business contact list.

44 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Monthly invoices sent to email in PDF format

To have all the monthly invoices sent to the users email in PDF format instead of always having to login to the portal just to get a invoice.

40 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow Default Time Zone to be set in Skype Web Schedule

Currently the Skype Web Scheduler chooses the default time zone based on the computer you are logged into. The problem is it only gets the offset (ie -5:00) and not the actual time zone. So, if you are set to Eastern Time for instance, Web Scheduler just sees -5:00 and picks the first time zone in this offset, in this case Indiana. This poses a problem as Indiana and Eastern Time (or other time zones in this offset) don't follow the same DST rules. If the actual time zone can't be selected for technical reasons, it would be nice to…

29 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow the admin to create a default contact list for Skype for Business.

Allow the administrator to create groups and whole contact lists to deploy to their users for Skype for Business.

26 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Office 365 Groups automatically populate in Skype for Business as Contact Groups

Office 365 Groups that we build/maintain in Office 365 should show up as "Contacts Lists" in Skype for Business with all of the members inside these groups. This would help user adoption as users wouldn't need to set up a bunch of unique groups (that basically mirror our Office 365 Groups anyway). As well, it will help navigate large lists of personnel.

26 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • I need to able to block phone calls based on country prefix in Skype For Business

I need to able to block phone calls based on country prefix in SFB for a specific response group.
                    This would help protect back office agents from malicious calls. For example if you do business with country A, and are harassed by calls from country B, you should be able to block those.
                    Thank you

16 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • User to see IM sent to them when off-line

When a person sends an IM to a contact who is offline, the message is not sent anywhere. When the off-line contact becomes available they don't know a message was sent to them. Regular Skype and other IM programs show messages received while off-line. My users are hesitant to consider Skype for Business because it's missing this feature.

15 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Skype for Business - Set Caller ID Functions in Admin Portal

There's documentation on how to set the Caller ID options via PowerShell, yet some of the documentation is out of date and not as thorough as it should be. The problem with it is that it's complicated and confusing for simple options that should be available in the Portal under Skype for Business Admin. Most customers wanting to set Caller ID options like Anonymous or a Service Number will not want to use PowerShell for these when it's confusing and complicated to even get a connection to run the proper cmdlets. In addition Mac users cannot use PowerShell to modify…

10 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Allow On Premises Skype For Business to use Office Web App on Office 365

in hybrid enviroment of skype for business and Lync online to the On premises server to use the office 365 Office Web App

See discussion here https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/p/411408/1022205

10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • PSTN conferencing UAE dial-in number

PSTN conferencing add dial-in number for uae

9 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Skype for Business 2015

Skype for Business 2015 - Alphabetizing Groups can be done manually. It would be nice if a place existed to do it by a click not drag n drop.

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Hide shared mailboxes from the Skype contact list

We use shared mailboxes in O365 and have set the Exchange property "Hide from address lists" to false for some of those. However, when we use the "Find someone" box in Skype for Business, these hidden mailboxes still appear in the list. Is there anyway to hide them from Skype?

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Get-CsUserActivitiesReport should show users with no activity

Currently I can see users with a blank LogonDate in the user activity reports on the Admin Center. However when running the PowerShell cmdlet Get-CsUserActivitiesReport these users are removed. The PowerShell cmdlet should show the same content that is in the Admin Center.

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Skype and Skype for Business Recipient Group Permissioning

To be honest, it feels like we I.T. people have just been dealt an interesting problem in the form of everyone now getting Skype and Skype for Business. Skype can be a great means of collaborating with co-workers, customers and potential customers. It can also be used to be completely unproductive by chatting with friends and others outside of business during work hours.

I.T. should be able to add contacts into an approved group and then Skype and Skype for Business should only have conversations with the members of that group. In fact--given that bandwidth costs money--there should be a…

6 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • searching for new User/Service phone numbers

When searching for a New User Number or a New Service Numbers in the Skype for business Admin Center I am limited to searching for only 12 phone numbers. Not only is this limitation very annoying but that annoyance is compounded because Microsoft assumes I will want those 12 random phone numbers that are returned because they are all pre-selected. I am looking for specific vanity phone numbers and I know I am not the only person with this problem.

In able to make my search easier, Microsoft should make one of two search features available.
                                      1. The ability to…

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Fix issues with simultaneous ring/forwarding settings to ring another user with incoming call

Simultaneous ring feature within the forwarding options does not work consistently. Often it rings the delegate who has been selected to receive the simultaneous ring, but it does not ring the original user.
                                        Please fix this feature of Lync, or fix the feature on Skype for Business app. With the latter, the software does not allow you to select the name of a fellow user to simultaneously ring.

Additionally, when call-forwarding turned off, often the user hears the call ringing but does not see the pop-up window appear to answer the call, then it flashes briefly without enough time to…

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base