Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share Phone Numbers other info from Admin to Outlook

When I create a new user, I also put more info in the contact window as phone number fix and mobile, position etc...

I would like to have these informations shared in my organisation as shared contact. including in mobile parameters.

When the phone change, i change once, and info will be shared in my contact, then they can use email & phone info to call person directly.

The current solution proposed by microsoft support is to create a specific shared contact list deconnected to the original list.

Hope thousands of people want to minimize their time in managing contacts...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to do a litigation hold without being enterprise or Exchange admin

Ability to do a litigation hold without being enterprise or Exchange admin. - Need a more granular permission for this. Our security team would like to start a litigation hold, but we do not want to grant them exchange or organization admin rights.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When customer purchases EOP only, there should be a link for domain purpose that is only filtering. Since it is not it is misleading

When customer purchases EOP only, there should be a link for domain purpose that is only filtering. Since it is not it is misleading

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring back Sharing Permissions within OWA Mailbox Users

There used to be a great feature on a User Mailbox which allowed Admins to share another users Calendar Permissions but this has been removed since January 2018.

Please bring this back!

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Why no message reporting on the new Exchange Admin Message Trace like was in the Security Admin Message Trace?

Why no message reporting on the new Exchange Admin Message Trace like was in the Security Admin Message Trace? The new admin in Exchnage we can no longer report bad messages? WHY WOULD I WANT THAT?????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop adding features to Office 365- you are over engineering the product

People just want offie to work- they are frustrated with many so called "features" that are only causing other problems

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Identify inactive users in O365

Occasionally, my organization misses to inform me about colleagues leaving the company. Therefore I would like to have a report or notification about inactive users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rules limit is ridiculously low and not user friendly. Fix it! Honestly Outlook 365 is a disaster! typical microsoft to try it out on cus

ules limit is ridiculously low and not user friendly. Fix it! Honestly Outlook 365 is a disaster! typical microsoft to try it out on customers. The only system software that cannot load emails on iphones. I have wasted many hours helping train your people that have no idea what they are doing. The ones that do don't address the many limitations of this faulty disaster. If they did it would take all night. No software with any host or online has so many problems. My recommendation to anyone with a business is to Run Forest Run. This system is the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to see if a users has opened/read an email

We would like the ability to determine in messages logs if a user has opened and email in their Inbox. I was told by and engineer that this feature is not currently available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unable to Export Message trace for all users on monthly basis

Office365 have product limitation in message trace report.

We cannot export message trace of 1 month for entire organisation for all users, Microsoft is saying it is product Limitation
    Office365 Product Team need to understand & re think on compliance part, now a days each and every organisation have each and every information email part.

Office 365 Product Team Improve your product

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. O365 online apps editor needs improvement

The Office 365 online apps were designed for only basic editing. For most functionality, you have to use the desktop app, which removes the collaborative editing capability. Users feel they have to "jump back and forth" between the two constantly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug Report

Bug Report: New Exchange Admin Center - message delivery restrictions
    In the classic view "accept message from: only senders in the following list" is checked.
    In the New exchange admin center, on that same mailbox, this option is set to "all senders".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Company Wide Holiday Calendar

Be able to create a company wide calendar for use by all staff like a resource mailbox. This could be managed by a delegate or be open to all (like a Room).
    This would be available in the Outlook calendar folder list be any staff by default.
    Having a shared mailbox for all staff with the management of permissions is a pain to administrate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Total Inbound and Outbound Messages, for the Org, via PowerShell or Graph API

I can visit the Admin Portal > Reports > Usage and select Exchange > Email Activity to see a total of Sent and Received messages per day. I can also visit the Security and Compliance Center > Mail flow > Dashboard and see a report with a total of Inbound and Outbound messages for 7 days.

Unfortunately, this data is not available through PowerShell nor the Graph API. I've opened an O365 Support ticket to be told that this information simply cannot be retrieved with PowerShell nor the Graph API.

Please make this information available, so that reports can be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Text that appears for Exchange Online Archiving

The new text that is appearing for example on the Portal for an E-1 license or Exchange Online Plan-1 license
    "Exchange Online Archiving for Exchange Online can't be used without Office 365 Enterprise E1"
    Should be removed & should only have Text under "Exchange Online Archiving for Exchange Online" license. For example, as EOA is available for E-1 & Exchange Online Plan-1 by default

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Exchange Online : Try new Outlook for Web

Issues with Formatting. Issues related to saving messages in draft and once saved and when try to edit, it has issues related to formatting. Sometimes the drafts does not contain anything though it was saved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am an unhappy customer. Can I send a large Word document via this portal?

How to let Microsoft Admin understand how unhappy little people are about Outlook 365?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. get a security warning when a global administrator mailbox is getting changed. especially when someone tries to do some R&D and clicks on

get a security warning when a global administrator mailbox is getting changed. especially when someone tries to do some R&D or accidentally clicks on CONVERT TO SHARED MAILBOX. which does not have username password, and it is an issue when some tenants have only single global admin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give me the choice whether to automount an Exchange account when I give someone full access to another's account

When I give full permissions to a user to someone else's user account, automounting that account should not happen by default, opening in Outlook, causing it to sync. I should need to either check or uncheck a box on that same permissions screen for automounting. Forcing me into powershell for something so simple is a waste of time/energy, and allows for greater chance of error.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OPTION TO SWITCH FROM OFFICE 2019 TO 365 AFTER BUYING IT

Buying costly 2019 permanent version then deciding to switch to 365 before passing 1 year is a serious problem that wish to be resolved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base