Office 365 Admin

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable and disable Clutter from Admin Panel

We need to be able to administratively enable and disable Clutter and Clutter notifications.

1,486 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      223 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your responses. We appreciate that you’ve taken the time to provide us with feedback to help make our products better.

We’re actively working on significant improvements to the end user experience with the feature across Outlook clients. This includes improvements to the UX, the classification algorithms, and controls.

Today, admins have a Power-Shell cmdlet that allows them to control the Clutter feature on a per mailbox level. Details of this can be found here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt586787%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Our decision to provide the cmdlet based control for Clutter was based on early feedback we received on the Clutter feature.

We will continue to improve the admin controls based on the continued feedback. Considering the responses on this forum, it would be helpful to better understand the gaps in the current admin control story. Do you believe the gap here is in not having a tenant level control or not having…

• Export mailbox in Exchange Online to pst using PowerShell or other method

Export mailbox in Exchange Online to pst using PowerShell

906 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        41 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Provide a powershell interface from admin area - so you can use powershell directly from the portal page.

Having this ability to run PowerShell directly will remove the need to connect from on-premises to perform PowerShell tasks. This will also help 100% Mac shops - which cannot run PowerShell at all.

717 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          14 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • allow the ability to merge 365 accounts seamlessly

Allow two 365 accounts to be merged without having to rebuild email accounts, move files etc... just move the domain from one 365 account to another after proper verification -- or even by just calling Microsoft support

602 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            71 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Enable Windows Powershell to use MFA

We want to use Windows Powershell with MFA accounts for more security

478 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              23 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Support conversion to shared mailbox for synced users

Currently a mailbox for a synced user can be converted to shared in EAC. This results in a corrupted mailbox object and an Azure AD object that still requires a license. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2710029. Customers need to move the mailbox to on-premises Exchange, convert it to shared and then move the mailbox back to Exchange Online. This process can be cumbersome and even worse, if customer is not aware of this issue the shared mailbox will be removed after the grace period expires.

It should be supported to convert a mailbox to shared for a synced user in Exchange Online,…

303 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                6 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Implement email address policy

On-premises Exchange had Email Address Policies which allowed administrators to define the email addresses (SMTP:alias@domain1.com,smtp:firstname@domain2.com) that would automatically be added to mailboxes.

Office 365 desperately needs this functionality so we don't have to resort to over complicated PowerShell scripts.

257 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  20 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Allow admins to turn off likes and @mention - PLEASE!

Once again, OWA has new 'features' added which are causing problems - particularly in a School environment such as ours. Likes and @mentions are flying about the system - teachers email a group of students who click the 'like' button and the teacher then gets loads of pings back which they have to deal with! Obviously, this could be useful but PLEASE release an admin UI for the control panel when you add these features so we can CHOOSE whether to let users have these features!

247 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    34 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • View Current Automapping setting

Currently there is no way to view whether Automapping of a mailbox is enabled or disabled in office 365. It would be nice to be able to view this value in either powershell or the GUI.

Additionally it would be nice to be able to turn automapping on or off via the EMC instead of only powershell.

239 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      4 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Exchange ActiveSync quarantine should include the (public) IP address the mobile was quarantined from

This would make it easier for an administrator to know it the mobile is in the hand of a legitimate user before approval.

225 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        20 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Email PDF bills rather then requiring users to logon and retrieve them.

We currently have 3 different domains using 365 business premium and would like the bills emailed to us every month rather then having to log in and download the PDF statements/Invoices.

If its possible to add this feature it would be much appreciated

184 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          16 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Create new Remote Shared Mailboxes from hybrid

Allow the creation of new remote mailboxes that are 'shared' mailboxes. At present, you have to create a regular user mailbox and then after you have synchronized this to Office 365, you then have to login to the 365 admin portal and convert it to shared. The problem with this method is that the user object on premises will always be shown as an office 365 mailbox and not an office 365 shared mailbox. Just a bit messy.

178 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Allow reliable synchronisation of on premise thumbnail photos to the cloud where one way sync and dirsync are used by organisations.

Following unsuccessful premier call and forum investigation into synchronisation of a users thumbnailPhoto attribute from on premise AD via Dirsync to the O365 we have been advised that it does not sync reliably and this is currently by design. The workaround offered is to push users images up with a Set-UserPhoto cmdlet and while this works its not a sustainable support method where organisations have many thousands of users.
                            We strongly feel that this attribute sync should quite simply work as it does with all the other user attributes. It would allow the users to self service their photos via…

119 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              4 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow Admins to Disable Clutter Notifications

Many of our users receive automatic system notifications suggesting that they enable the new Clutter feature. While this feature is valuable, we need to control the flow of information regarding features and usage of Office 365. We make announcements for things like this in accordance with our own training schedules so that we can provide the right guidance for our users. Please allow us to prevent these automated notifications for Clutter and for any features that may use these types of notifications in the future. Thanks!

111 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Allow read only access to Office 365 portal Control Panel

Please provide read only access feature for O365 Admin center

102 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • sendas and email alias

I would like the ability to send an email as an alias.

101 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    5 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Let me disable Clutter and Clutter Notifications for all of my users.

Clutter and Clutter notifications are being turned on and sent to my users and I have no way to disable this from happening.

100 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • By default, allow all Global Administrators to "Open another mailbox..."

Occasionally, I (as a Global Administrator) will need to access a users mailbox. Currently, I have to add myself under their permissions to open their mailbox within OWA. I would like MS to turn this access on by default. If you're a Global Administrator, you should have access to everything by default, even users mailboxes and OneDrive.

97 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        17 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Deleting an item in a shared mailbox should move the item to the shared mailbox's deleted items

Today you have to use the regkey DelegateWastebasketStyle to control the behaviour when deleting items in a shard mailbox.

This should have a PowerShell command, just like for sent items (set-mailbox shared@contoso.com -MessageCopyForSentAsEnabled $True)

One of the companys i manage Office365 for has, no AD which means no GPO's to use with regkeys, no consistensy in Office versions and thus this gets unmanageble.

Please add a way for me to control this centrally in Exchange Online.

87 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Azure AD Connect - sync Contact objects including their external SIP address (to add Skype for Bus. federated contacts to O365 Directory)

Currently Azure AD Connect does not add a Contact object's SIP address (synchronized from on-premise) to the EmailAddresses attribute in Office 365 if it is an external SIP domain. We would like to populate this SIP address to the Office 365 Directory so we can see the Contact's presence and automatically connect (IM) with these Contacts using Skype for Business. These are federated SIP domains.

Right now the EmailAddresses atribute only gets synced and populated with the SIP address if the SIP domain is registered as an internal domain in Office 365. It seems logical to add the SIP address…

71 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base