Office 365 Admin

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make is possible to change tenant name in Office365

Iv realized that there is no option to change the tenant name in Office365.

This would be a great tool for businesses that change their name and want to keep their current solution in Office365.

A simple task like changing the tenant name for Office365 would save businesses allot of time.

1,565 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      55 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Tenant-wide time zone setting for SharePoint (at least)

It doesn't make any sense to me to have to set the time zone per Site Collection. For an organization that sits in one time zone, having to change every Site Collection from PST to the local time zone is tedious. If there were a single overarching setting that Site Collections could inherit from, it would make things a lot easier.

309 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        18 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. You can see what’s happening with Office 365 on the Office 365 Roadmap.

• Report which shows the amount of OneDrive for Business storage per user.

Hello,

It would be great to be able to compile reports which show the OneDrive for Business usage per user.

Reporting this idea by suggestion of Andy Sek:

RE: Check OneDrive for Business size per user
        Reply by Andy Sek MSFT Support
        Hi Andy,
        Currently, there is no report that includes the OneDrive for Business storage usage for each user. You may need to use the Global administrator account to access each OneDrive for Business to have a check.
        To be honest, to get a report is a good idea. To better serve you, we would suggest that you submit…

250 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          7 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently working on this report. We will have a OneDrive site usage report that not only shows how much storage each OneDrive user is consuming, but also how many files they have on the site, and how much activity that site is experiencing.

• Need a way to force sync all my users' photos from exchange online to sharepoint online

Need a way to force sync all my users' photos from exchange online to sharepoint online. The user photos do not sync unless they visit their profile page. But many of our users don't do that resulting in the blank head shot photo which annoys our upper mgmt. We ask our users to hit their profile page but they do not always comply and we have thousands of users. So the photo feature is of limited usefulness and just ends up confusing people who expect a photo to show for everyone in the company. This has been a big problem…

195 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Usage reports for SharePoint

Provide centralized usage reports for entire SharePoint Online tenant such as page views, user sessions, usage per site collection, etc. Individual site collection reports are ok but are not centralized.

159 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              7 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on many of these report areas right now. We have a tenant-wide user activity report in development right now. The next report we will work on will be a tenant-wide site usage and activity report. After that, we will look at various other tenant-wide reports, including page-views, and storage metrics.

• Overview of the SharePoint Online timerjobs

Currently we have no idea when timerjobs are running for SharePoint Online. For example: Search Indexing and the Content Type Hub. We (system integrators) try to give our customers an estimate for configuring SharePoint Online but are very depended on waiting for these timerjobs to run in the background. It would make our lives, and our customers, a lot easier when we at least have an idea when a timerjob is running.

97 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Return the feature to hide Yammer/newsfeed

Return the ability to hide Yammer/Newsfeed for all users in Sharepoint online.

82 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Option to disable Flow and PowerApps

I really need an option that will disable Flow and PowerApps for all sites within a site collection while retaining the "new experience" for libraries and lists. Ideally, the option to enable/disable Flow is a separate from enabling/disabling PowerApps.

Management has requested from me to remove these options, but I cannot do that without removing the "new experience" that our users have grown accustomed to and prefer. Flow and PowerApps provide new functionality that we cannot support at this point in time and is not part of our SharePoint Online training and rollout plan.

80 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    4 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Change SharePoint Online tenant name

Due to "technical issues" we cannot change the *.onmicrosoft.com tenant name; however, companies change names and merge constantly and instead of migrating from one tenant to another, the only thing that truly needs to be updated is the *.sharepoint.com subdomain. A great feature would be to allow a change to this subdomain so that corporate alliances could be reflected with a better subdomain.

73 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Properly delete an external users from o365

The problem is that some users receive an invitation to an email A and for some reason accept it with an email B.
                      Because of this, the user can't log into the site where he was invited with his email A.

I've investigated how to properly delete this user from our Sharepoint online plateform to unlink the email A and the email B in order to be able to resend a new invitation to email A.
                      I've proceed to the different steps explained in this KB : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3026478

And unfortunately, after all these powershell commands, the link between A and…

57 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. You can see what’s happening with Office 365 on the Office 365 Roadmap.

• Synchronizing of Custom Active Directory Attributes to Custom User Profile Properties in SharePoint Online

I have a custom solution for this that seems viable (see below), However my client would like to be able to do this OOTB if at all possible. Making this possible through a future iteration of DirSync, or its successors, AADSS, AAD Connect, or some other tool would be helpful. This way we're not required to enter it more than once.

Custom Approach:

www.ericskaggs.net/.../synchronizing-custom-active-directory-attributes-to-custom-user-profile-properties-in-sharepoint-online

55 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          5 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Your idea sounds interesting, but we need more information:

We are certainly thinking about extensible user schema across Office365 suite, and trying to figure out which attribute mappings make sense. We’d love to know more about the scenario you have – Why did your customer chose to use AD custom attributes over User Profile attributes in SharePoint?

• Provide an ability to disable refresh warning when opening a workbook using Excel Services in SharePoint online

The warning message "Be careful. This workbook contains one or more queries that might be unsafe. Do you want to enable these queries?" show every time a user opens a workbook with external connection or opens a page with a web part showing that workbook. That is the case even if the external data used in the workbook is located in a list on the same SharePoint site as the workbook. The message is very annoying to users and we need to have an option to disable it. This option already exists for SharePoint Server.

55 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Monitoring role that can can read from management APIs (For SCOM, OMS, etc)

Currently you need a global admin account or a custom app (In Azure AD) to access the O365 Management APIs. Ideally, there would be an O365 role that would allow access to these providing global admin to the account. This would help companies follow a least-privileged model.

52 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Disable Share and Get a Link Features from Site

The ability to Share or Get a Link for a file should NOT be automatically enabled. Both of these functions should be configurable for a site in the same way that the Follow feature is.

48 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Rename the initial tenant domain

By renaming the incorrect initial tenant domain will save a plenty cost to register new tenant and migrate data. I believe many organizations would like to change the initial domain name such as they've changed the company name. It will be more user-friendly for customer experience.

Thank you

38 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • SharePoint Online Audit Feature

Hippa and the Audit Feature in SharePoint Online. The feature in SharePoint Online does not capture the information about when and document is viewed by an individual or opened by an individual. This information is important for Hippa sensitive information. I would like to see the return of this capability on sites that are being audited

37 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working on this feature. All file access events will be audited in the product, whether those events ultimately result in a person viewing the file or not. The data about who did what, when and from where, with every file stored in SharePoint will be made available through a compliance center UI and also through APIs that the customer or 3rd party analytics provider can access directly.

• O365 Nav Bar is always filled with black if you are an External User

Imagine you have an external user access to a SharePoint Online site, where the Office 365 Nav Bar is filled with wine-red. However, every time you visit to the site as an external user, you may see the Nav Bar as black.

This happens in all tenants w/o exception while accessing as an external user and there is no way to change the color. This is confusing and frustrating for some customers who are giving special meaning to each site collection's Nav Bar color.

Please consider and discuss about design change on this.

36 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • More/Custom Wild card managed path options for site collections in Online, like OnPremise ?

Why don't we have More/Custom Wild card managed path options for site collections in Online, like On Premise ?
                                      This is a very useful option for sharepoint administrators to design the site collections for the organization.

34 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Problem Pushing User Images from AD all the way to SharePoint

Want to sychronise staff photos from AD into SharePoint Online automatically and prevent user from changing their photo in SharePointOnline. Told by microsoft this isn't possible and that the user must manually remove the photo from their profile in order for AD to synchronise, this is not a great experience, we also don't want users to upload their own photos as we want to portray a professional image using own inhouse photos. if we can sync from AD to exchange online automatically why not to SharePoint Online?

32 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • SharePoint Online Audit Report Log - Content Viewing

This service really needs to come back the environment. I opened a ticket because I was receiving messages that this was broken - not knowing that it was not in service. Someone else in my environment was able to pull the same report with any problems. (Not sure what is going on there)
                                          This feature gives us an and ideal report of content usage and view events for that is consider very important to where an end user is viewing content on our sites.

I am using a combination of reports- when I should or could just pull one report…

29 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base