Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Received the Message Center email MC198427

There doesn't seem to be a way to query in O365 which users and what versions they are running when they are using an msi installed Office Suite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. never been so disappointed in getting help for installation. Started when o'seas so called experts told me my activation receipt was not act

Thanks for nothing in helping me install my office 365 personal. After giving you access to install it for me you turned off my ability to access old word documents in documents library and then after over an hour later you said it was too difficult for you and it needed level 2 managers support. I am still not installed and activated and I am going to let everyone else know about it. ref.13677444791D thankyou Pooja. S for nothing !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. unnecessary system mailbox creation alerts

we get system mailbox creation alerts in O365 admin center. by opening cases with MS, they confirm these mailboxes are created by backend server. Could MS hide these system mailbox creation alerts in the future? from user admin perspective, they are totally unrelated and confusing, we don't know what they are

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to receive a notification email if the credit card assigned to my tenant subscriptions is declined.

Currently I do not receive a notification email if the credit card assigned to my tenant subscriptions is declined for some reason. This resulted in our subscriptions being disabled. We would like to receive some kind of notification so that we may correct the credit card information before this happens again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When we are blocking office group creation in our tenant, we are looking for the best way to warn our users of the new procedure

For good change management, when users are trying to create a new group, we want to let our users know what they need to do to create a new 365 group through office applications when the administrator blocks the native function. We are looking for the possibility of modifying the system warning message, generate an email to the user or capturing an event via a Graph API ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to change colour of e-mails in sent/inbox to assist people using microsoft outlook with prioritising and grouping e-mails at a glanc

Add ability to change colour on e-mails received to be able to prioritise at a glance, if response of different contacts need further action.

Ie I contact people for events, which are in various places, then update a central data base.

I would like to be able to instantly recognise which events are at a glance and change the colour if I have updated my data base.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Warnig for adding up to 5 notes is missing

When you go to the notes setcion on a support request there should be a warning that you can only leave 5

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Administrar Global

Cursos MVA merecedores de respeito, fluentes os serviços Microsoft 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Microsoft Corporation You are a company with excellent ideas and very useful for our time, and always want to improve and progress to you. I

Microsoft Corporation You are a company with excellent ideas and very useful for our time, and always want to improve and progress to you.
    I am a girl told the age of seventeen and I do not have enough background on the content of the company and management, but with this I have a simple idea I do not know if they benefit or not
    We know the slow speed of the Internet in outer space, where it usually relies on geostationary satellites that are orbited around the Earth more than 35,000 kilometers.
    There are companies seeking to repair the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable a emergency message push in "Teams"

Teams can become an important tool to communicate emergency information to all users. That said, there should be a function where admins can push a message on teams to all users through an "emergency" group that users cannot leave.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. encrypted email going to one recipient from office 365

It was pleasure speaking with the tech support. We didn't really resolved the issue due to lack of msn product lacking "recipient" who receives message as encrypted can view all message in one inbox. Maybe in future microsoft can come out with this feature for end user who get's encrypted email from office 365 can access in one inbox like outlook inbox. Same user has to click on each email to view each message. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Recent Activity Suppression

There should be a 'suppression' feature to block files from showing up in recent activity. Here is an excellent post from answers.microsoft.com describing the issue:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/how-to-hide-sharepoint-online-activity-in-home/1ab2a702-36bd-4d4c-a5fd-0486dd8a0aba

People may be working on confidential documents, and this activity should be suppressed from showing up in a recent activity listing. Turning off search is an inadequate option, people who have access to a document library need the ability to search it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. O365 Admin report doesn't have the capability to identify Microsoft Office application installed in MAC OS

O365 Admin report doesn't have the capability to identify Microsoft Office application installed in MAC OS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Journal no longer works AUTOMATICALLY in O365 as used to do in Office 2007

Journal no longer works AUTOMATICALLY in O365 as used to do in Office 2007. Why the downgrade?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. All information and alerts of Message Center in Admin Area

As the request of other users, it is possible show the recente updated information, alerts and messages of Office Insider and other testing programs that we have adhere in a dashboard área in Office 365 Admin center. Save our time of search at diferent areas

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import PST files or SharePoint data to Office 365

Microsoft offer a service to import pst files into Office 365 in case your organization does not have sufficient WAN bandwidth or a large mailbox size (e.g. 1TB or more). However, Microsoft does not commit a response time and it is unclear as to how long it takes for the files to be uploaded once they receive the drive. In our case it takes between one and two weeks. There is no proactive notification either leaving the requestor to regularly check when the upload gets processed. With no committed response times, the service is best effort delivery and any attempt…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. receive an email when a tenant administrator log in

I would like to receive an email when a tenant administrator log in to our Office 365 environment.

The mail should be send to different mailadresses so when a tenant administrator logs in after workhours we are notified instantly. It would also be great to receive a message when a failed login happens for the tenant administrator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base