Office 365 Admin

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop/dismiss notifications for Admins

Every time there is some sort of notification in Office 365 Admin (i.e. your subscription expires in 57 days, you cancelled a subscription, etc.), all of the admins get a VERY annoying notification and "ding" noise every time they navigate to a new page in the Portal/SharePoint/etc. It makes it nearly impossible to work. First of all, these notifications are next to useless and some can't even be dismissed (i.e. you cancelled a subscription - who cares??). Second, you should be able to dismiss them easily or just turn off the functionality altogether. This was a bad feature update by…

583 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      74 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Email notifications of Message Centre messages

It is very frustrating to see messages that have been lying there for weeks - who has time or remembers to go into the admin panel every day? Email notifications to the tenant owner should be standard on this. We get notified by email for everything else, why not messages?

384 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        11 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • "Read rights" only in the Message center.

In the Office Admin Center, we would like to have a delegation option to give certain people (in the domain) “read rights” to see the status in the “Service Status” and “Message Centre”. For instance, an Office 365 adoption consultant, who isn’t an administrator off the Users, Sharepoint, Exchange etc.

120 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          5 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Administrator access to only a specific domain in office 365

The option should be there to assign specific domain permission to Administrators.

66 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            11 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Billing Notification E-mail Sent to the Password Retrieval Alt E-mail Address

Please find a way to stop sending billing notification e-mails to the alternate e-mail address being used for password retrieval.

57 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please give notice at least a few month before running a big change in the Office 365 data center.

Please give notice at least a few month before running a big change in the Office 365 data center.

We needed to solve the issue which happen to coincide with a time when our tenant data was moved to a new Office 365 data center. It was the big impact for our business. After this, if you have a plan to change in the Office 365 data center, we must consider to schedule and prepare for coping with the occurring issue.

In this moving our tenant data to the new datacenter, we got alert just 2 weeks before running, but…

56 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Provide email templates for new features and major changes

While the message center provides admins change notification, admins are expected to communicate changes to their org. It would be very helpful if major message center notifications also provided templates for us to use to communicate to end users.

44 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Email daily O365 agenda each morning

Our company just switched from Gmail to O365. One of the features that I really liked with the Google calendar, was that it emailed me my daily agenda at 5:00 a.m. each day. It would be great if there was a way to do this with the O365 calendar.

29 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Create a new Role for generating reports

For users to be able to generate reports, you need to be a Global Admin. We have general users that would need to generate Yammer reports and don't want to assign them Admin roles in the cloud, as well as other reports, in exchange, sharepoint, etc

Create another role, "reporting" and assign which services that the user needs to obtain reports on

26 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Why do you still provide a notification indicating that a subscription has been cancelled when the subscription has been renewed.

This is annoying especially when it comes up or notifies via sound alert every time I go to the portal. I renewed the same subscription but MSFT changed the name from old Office 365 for Small Bus. Pro. to Office 365 for Bus. or something like this. Because of the name change, it was very annoying to reinstall the apps. again on the user machines. Now, you tell us the subscription has been cancelled. I have a suggestion. If you can't remove the text, at least add some clarifying text to the existing notification that indicates the notification will go…

22 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        4 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • turn off alerts

Allow administrator to disable alerts in O365. Many alerts are redundant and unnecessary. Of course my SSL Certificate expired! And i renewed it and reloaded it; but the alert keeps coming until the actual expiration date of the old certificate! Why? Of course i cancelled a subscription; because i upgraded to a new partner. Why Cant i disable these alerts?

19 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Complete merge of tenents

If a company is taken over by a company, it should done also with tenants in Office365. This means that all functionality (Exchange, SharePoint, Skype, CRM, EMS, Accounts / AAD, settings, domains, etc.) should merge into one tenant. Also Manageable from one console / tenant. One idea is to do this in stages.

11 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Powershell Management of Notifications Settings for Admins and/or Alerts

The purpose of this request is to get make sure admin have the proper notification settings set. For example, for compliance updates its important that admins get those alerts and they are always set.
                            Or if there was a way to monitor notifications thru powershell.

9 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Message trace for non-admin user

Hello...

My users are often offended by outside organization who blame technology while they just haven't read the emails. I often make report and prove that the email is working very well and they have received the email. I need a tools so my users can trace their email and got the report without having Admin Role. If I am not mistaken, the previous Outlook layout (not sure exactly how many years ago) has a link to display old email options so users that is non admin can trace their email.

I wonder if we can have this feature again…

8 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • SUSPEND Meeting until further notice.

If a currently existing Meeting that has been previously scheduled can no longer take place due to unforeseeable circumstances, but you do not wish to cancel this meeting because it will be rescheduled in the future, then Office365 should offer the option to "Suspend" the meeting. This would keep the Meeting record in the calendar but would deactivate the time, preserving the Attendees and and Meeting Room settings. The user should be able to return to this meeting at a later time and change the scheduling based on updates received.

7 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Make notifications for Skype for Business messages more prominent, mark them as unread when moved to "Conversation history"

I would appreciate a feature of persistent popup window(s) for unread Skype for Business messages,ideally with an option for the popup window(s) to be displayed "on top". Configuring windows location for individual contacts would be ideal or at least cascading window to prevent hiding conversations by a consecutive popup window. If such feature is not feasible, then at least after delivering such unread messages to Outlook cabinet "Conversation history" having them marked as Unread.

7 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • need email notification for office365 users password expire

need email notification for office365 users password expire

5 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Customize my home admin center page

Be able to manage what I see on the admin center home page, there are tiles that I don't need to see (ever-I can access them through the left menu bar) and important information such as the service health is very important to me and its at the bottom and I can't even see the information. I have to scroll down and open the service health panel. the old admin portal is set up much better, I see the service health right in the main screen- tempted(very tempted) to go back to the old portal view

5 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Message Center Consistency

Adjust the Consistency of Messages shown on the Message-Center of each Tenant.

We are Supporting many different Customer with their Tenants. Also we have some MOD-Demo-Tenants. As all Tenants are equal (note coming from an MS-Colleague) we are seeing Differences in critical and very important "O365 Subscription" Messages.

We like to Trust the "Message-Center" as a good Source of Information.

5 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Increase the rate limit of mailboxes

Each mailbox should be able to send more than #10,000 e-mails in one day.

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base