Office 365 Admin

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve the tenant admin features O365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the admin to pin custom tiles to the app launcher for all users in the tenant

With the newly released update it is now easy for an admin to add a custom tile to the My Apps page. However, as an admin you still can't add this custom tile to the app launcher for any user except yourself.

For several companies it would be nice if you gave the admin the ability to add tiles directly to the app launcher for all users. For example when you want to link to the time management tool, public website etc.

2,612 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      112 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! The ideas on this thread have been instrumental in shaping our approach and the great news is that we’re actively exploring app management features for admins including the ability to pin and remove tiles from the launcher. It’s important for us that anything we introduce doesn’t break the diverse range of setups across our customers or impact our ability to innovate or change the App Launcher in the future. You can keep up to speed with our development by following the Office 365 Roadmap: http://fasttrack.microsoft.com/roadmap where you’ll see a new item named ‘Admin Customization of App Launcher’ over the next few days.

• Enable and disable Clutter from Admin Panel

We need to be able to administratively enable and disable Clutter and Clutter notifications.

1,408 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        218 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your responses. We appreciate that you’ve taken the time to provide us with feedback to help make our products better.

We’re actively working on significant improvements to the end user experience with the feature across Outlook clients. This includes improvements to the UX, the classification algorithms, and controls.

Today, admins have a Power-Shell cmdlet that allows them to control the Clutter feature on a per mailbox level. Details of this can be found here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt586787%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Our decision to provide the cmdlet based control for Clutter was based on early feedback we received on the Clutter feature.

We will continue to improve the admin controls based on the continued feedback. Considering the responses on this forum, it would be helpful to better understand the gaps in the current admin control story. Do you believe the gap here is in not having a tenant level control or not having…

• Make is possible to change tenant name in Office365

Iv realized that there is no option to change the tenant name in Office365.

This would be a great tool for businesses that change their name and want to keep their current solution in Office365.

A simple task like changing the tenant name for Office365 would save businesses allot of time.

1,220 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          46 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Provide a powershell interface from admin area - so you can use powershell directly from the portal page.

Having this ability to run PowerShell directly will remove the need to connect from on-premises to perform PowerShell tasks. This will also help 100% Mac shops - which cannot run PowerShell at all.

542 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            12 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Stop/dismiss notifications for Admins

Every time there is some sort of notification in Office 365 Admin (i.e. your subscription expires in 57 days, you cancelled a subscription, etc.), all of the admins get a VERY annoying notification and "ding" noise every time they navigate to a new page in the Portal/SharePoint/etc. It makes it nearly impossible to work. First of all, these notifications are next to useless and some can't even be dismissed (i.e. you cancelled a subscription - who cares??). Second, you should be able to dismiss them easily or just turn off the functionality altogether. This was a bad feature update by…

495 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              69 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • GAL Federation between different O365 tenants

As organisations grow, or have to separate different business areas in different O365 tenants it would be useful to be able to share or federate global address lists between different tenants. The only current choices are:

1. Create contact objects in tenants which are then disconnected from the original user - this means if the user details change the contact in the other tenant becomes out of sync.

2. Where domain federation in in place and directory synchronisation services running for each tenant, create on premise AD users as mail enabled users and ensure each directory sync for each tenant…

490 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Export mailbox in Exchange Online to pst using PowerShell or other method

Export mailbox in Exchange Online to pst using PowerShell

402 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  16 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Ability to limit user logon hours

With the Department of Labor showing interest in how employees are using their smartphones to access corporate resources the ability to limit some of their access may be required. Adding the ability to limit a users logon hours, preferably linked to their Logon Hours in AD (synced to account with DirSync ability) would be ideal to assist with this management.

381 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Enable Windows Powershell to use MFA

We want to use Windows Powershell with MFA accounts for more security

381 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      16 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • allow the ability to merge 365 accounts seamlessly

Allow two 365 accounts to be merged without having to rebuild email accounts, move files etc... just move the domain from one 365 account to another after proper verification -- or even by just calling Microsoft support

325 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        35 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Send invoices as attachments

Currently when an invoice is generated, the billing/global admins receive an email that the invoice is ready to be viewed. It would be very beneficial if the actual invoice was attached in the email rather than having to login to view the invoice.

315 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Email notifications of Message Centre messages

It is very frustrating to see messages that have been lying there for weeks - who has time or remembers to go into the admin panel every day? Email notifications to the tenant owner should be standard on this. We get notified by email for everything else, why not messages?

311 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            10 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Enable management and reporting of Office ProPlus using Admin portal and/or PowerShell. What version? How many installs? etc

I would like to report installs by user. Similar to Telemetry dashboard with how many installs a user is using vs remaining installs. Machine name (because I have seen duplicates using 2 licenses on 1 machine). Usage. Is the user a heavy Excel user, PowerPoint, Word, etc.

270 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Outlook tasks mobile

I would like to be able to access the Tasks function of Office 365 either through a dedicated App on my Android Mobile, or through the mobile web portal. Right now, clicking on the Tasks icon in the mobile portal brings up Outlook without access to the Tasks.

248 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                29 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Custom Domains on Office 365 Home Premium

Bring back the ability to have custom domains on O365 Home Premium. I have a family domain and want to set it up as a domain on my O365 account.

244 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Report which shows the amount of OneDrive for Business storage per user.

Hello,

It would be great to be able to compile reports which show the OneDrive for Business usage per user.

Reporting this idea by suggestion of Andy Sek:

RE: Check OneDrive for Business size per user
                                  Reply by Andy Sek MSFT Support
                                  Hi Andy,
                                  Currently, there is no report that includes the OneDrive for Business storage usage for each user. You may need to use the Global administrator account to access each OneDrive for Business to have a check.
                                  To be honest, to get a report is a good idea. To better serve you, we would suggest that you submit…

241 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    7 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently working on this report. We will have a OneDrive site usage report that not only shows how much storage each OneDrive user is consuming, but also how many files they have on the site, and how much activity that site is experiencing.

• Support conversion to shared mailbox for synced users

Currently a mailbox for a synced user can be converted to shared in EAC. This results in a corrupted mailbox object and an Azure AD object that still requires a license. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2710029. Customers need to move the mailbox to on-premises Exchange, convert it to shared and then move the mailbox back to Exchange Online. This process can be cumbersome and even worse, if customer is not aware of this issue the shared mailbox will be removed after the grace period expires.

It should be supported to convert a mailbox to shared for a synced user in Exchange Online,…

230 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      6 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Tenant-wide time zone setting for SharePoint (at least)

It doesn't make any sense to me to have to set the time zone per Site Collection. For an organization that sits in one time zone, having to change every Site Collection from PST to the local time zone is tedious. If there were a single overarching setting that Site Collections could inherit from, it would make things a lot easier.

224 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        12 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. You can see what’s happening with Office 365 on the Office 365 Roadmap.

• Implement email address policy

On-premises Exchange had Email Address Policies which allowed administrators to define the email addresses (SMTP:alias@domain1.com,smtp:firstname@domain2.com) that would automatically be added to mailboxes.

Office 365 desperately needs this functionality so we don't have to resort to over complicated PowerShell scripts.

207 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          19 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Parental Access to Office 365 and Student Content

We need a better way other than PAL for teachers to access student data in Office 365. The Share option is not a viable option when most schools have over 100 parents and needs to scale to 100,000s. If there was a parent SKU in which permissions could then be assigned to the student content, it would allow us as partners to develop solutions. We've been asking for 2 and half years and keep hearing, that's good feedback. Cheers

206 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 74 75
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base