Feedback by UserVoice

Delve

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Delve UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Delve features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the Delve features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be great to be able and search for exact phrases or have Boolean operators for connecting search elements.

It would be great to be able and search for exact phrases or have Boolean operators for connecting search elements.
    Seeing what is currently hot is great but finding what I desperately search for would be at least as nice. Tagging relies too much on active contribution to be reliable.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be good to have the Cost Center information, besides the office address on employee's profile

It would be good to have the Cost Center information, besides the office address on employee's profile

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Delve for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show custom attributes in Delve IOS Apps

Custom attributes added in the User Profile DB. Sync'ed or not are shown under "Additional Information" in the web-based Delve. But Delve for IOS is not showing any of these attributes. That's a huge challenge for any large company wanting to use AAD to store user attributes and Delve to present those attributes on all platforms.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Delve for iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add to Office Apps or create 32-bit Desktop App

Users do no like using the web, they already have too many tabs open and avoid opening more web sites at all costs. Please add functionality to Office applications to open files via Delve. Otherwise a standalone 32-bit desktop application will be needed to get users using this service.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop other users from creating blogs on someone else's profile

A coworker was able to get on my profile page in and add a blog post to my page. I'm unable to end it or remove it even though it's my own profile.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 'Shared with me' view in the left pane of the Delve

Have a 'Shared with Me' link on the left pane which will be similar to the One Drive for Business 'shared with me' view. Even though the current delve board shows the shared with me documents under home view, having a different view will help for better Content organization.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Less on discovery of documents, more on profile and search

Our users tell us there is less value in discovering other people's work and documents in Delve and more value in finding people's skills, where they fit in the organization and the ability to interact with them.

Our suggestion is to create an layout and UI with less emphasis on documents and more emphasis on profile information.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add a field for one's nickname. I go by a shortened version of my middle name Bradley; most people call mr Brad. Thanks!

Please add a field for one's nickname. I go by a shortened version of my middle name Bradley; most people call me Brad. Thanks!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Connector for Delve to be able to access Dropbox cloud storage accounts

Delve is a fantastic way of keeping track of documents that are being shared and worked on throughout the O365 environment (OneDrive and SharePoint).
    My organisation has recently purchased a an enterprise licence for Dropbox. It would be great if there was a connector that enabled Delve to show, search and share documents in third party cloud storage apps like Dropbox to streamline the user experience.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable private boards

Enabling private boards would increase their usage. Many of our users are not comfortable sharing board names company-wide.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. personal signature on emails

I want to have the possivblity to use 2-3 signature not only 1 like now

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need to be able to delete Boards

Just have a Delete Button

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to disable the "Message", "Call" and "Email" buttons on the about me profile page

All three of these buttons are problematic in that they invoke external applications: Lync/SfB, Default OS UC Client, and Outlook respectively. With browsers increasingly securing these sorts of callouts the buttons are problematic and induce a lot of scary security dialogs on first click. Not a great experience.

Further - for customers that are not 100% Softphone or Lync Voice shops - the "Call" button is 100% useless.

We need the ability to disable these in our tenant as the user experience is problematic for all but 100% Microsoft OS, Microsoft Voice shops. Either that or the Delve team should…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The way Delve displays documents 'titles'

A document in Delve does not display its name. Instead it displays its 'title' - which is based on the formatting of words within the document. I appreciate the ability of Delve to search for terms within the document, however the document name is right up there with the most important things to display on search returns. I have loads of documents with similar words within them, but they are named very different things. It is very hard to find the document I am looking for specifically, as the document name (something I have purposefully chosen to reflect that specific…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change pics of children

Change pic of children

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow the user to choose their own profile picture!

I would like to enjoy choosing my own profile pic that way whoever I am contacting can be sure it is me.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to see whether a person has viewed the email we sent them.

This could be by having a green tick next to the email we have sent them - once they have read it. Also, if they viewed the email, but chose to not reply this should be represented with a red tick next to the email we have sent them. It makes it less frustrating that way.
    This should be for all devices - iOS, Android, Windows etc.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Turn on/off "See more related to [user] in Delve" - Onedrive sharing notification

When sharing documents from OneDrive, it would be useful to have control (either on a company-network-wide basis, or as an individual user) as to whether the phrase "See more related to [user] in Delve" appears in the sharing notification email ("[user] has shared '[document]'").
    Reason for this is that it may not always be relevant to highlight Delve content to the intended recipient. I would be good to be able to do this without turning off Delve functionality for the user altogether.
    As per Q&A here https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/p/431146/1089612#1089612

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base