Feedback by UserVoice

Delve

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Delve UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Delve features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the Delve features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Less on discovery of documents, more on profile and search

Our users tell us there is less value in discovering other people's work and documents in Delve and more value in finding people's skills, where they fit in the organization and the ability to interact with them.

Our suggestion is to create an layout and UI with less emphasis on documents and more emphasis on profile information.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connector for Delve to be able to access Dropbox cloud storage accounts

Delve is a fantastic way of keeping track of documents that are being shared and worked on throughout the O365 environment (OneDrive and SharePoint).
    My organisation has recently purchased a an enterprise licence for Dropbox. It would be great if there was a connector that enabled Delve to show, search and share documents in third party cloud storage apps like Dropbox to streamline the user experience.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. upload my own cover picture

i like photography and i do like to customize my profile a lot i wanna be able to upload my own cover picture making more personal thanks

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to disable the "Message", "Call" and "Email" buttons on the about me profile page

All three of these buttons are problematic in that they invoke external applications: Lync/SfB, Default OS UC Client, and Outlook respectively. With browsers increasingly securing these sorts of callouts the buttons are problematic and induce a lot of scary security dialogs on first click. Not a great experience.

Further - for customers that are not 100% Softphone or Lync Voice shops - the "Call" button is 100% useless.

We need the ability to disable these in our tenant as the user experience is problematic for all but 100% Microsoft OS, Microsoft Voice shops. Either that or the Delve team should…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The way Delve displays documents 'titles'

A document in Delve does not display its name. Instead it displays its 'title' - which is based on the formatting of words within the document. I appreciate the ability of Delve to search for terms within the document, however the document name is right up there with the most important things to display on search returns. I have loads of documents with similar words within them, but they are named very different things. It is very hard to find the document I am looking for specifically, as the document name (something I have purposefully chosen to reflect that specific…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the user to choose their own profile picture!

I would like to enjoy choosing my own profile pic that way whoever I am contacting can be sure it is me.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be able to see whether a person has viewed the email we sent them.

This could be by having a green tick next to the email we have sent them - once they have read it. Also, if they viewed the email, but chose to not reply this should be represented with a red tick next to the email we have sent them. It makes it less frustrating that way.
    This should be for all devices - iOS, Android, Windows etc.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Turn on/off "See more related to [user] in Delve" - Onedrive sharing notification

When sharing documents from OneDrive, it would be useful to have control (either on a company-network-wide basis, or as an individual user) as to whether the phrase "See more related to [user] in Delve" appears in the sharing notification email ("[user] has shared '[document]'").
    Reason for this is that it may not always be relevant to highlight Delve content to the intended recipient. I would be good to be able to do this without turning off Delve functionality for the user altogether.
    As per Q&A here https://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/p/431146/1089612#1089612

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Delve for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Similar to birthday, maybe profile could include Service Anniversary (i.e. hire date)

Similar to birthday, maybe profile could include Service Anniversary (i.e. hire date)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put a count of direct and indirect reports

It would be great if in the people view when showing direct reports we had two summary numbers show as well... Number of Direct reports and Number of indirect reports.

It is useful to see the number of indirects, especially for executives when you want to know the size of their entire org.

Some apps in use at companies that utilize the AD graph API to show org charts already do this. It would be great to have this in delve.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add 'preferred pronoun' field in Delve

It would be helpful to add a 'preferred pronoun' field in Delve so people can know what to use when they're about to address someone they don't know.

This would matter for trans/non-binary people, but also in a multicultural environment (in which one is unsure about the gender typically associated with a particular first name).

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New hyperlinks get removed from Delve blogs

This is a bug that the Delve Product group should fix..
    SharePoint Online - Delve
    When adding a hyperlink to text in Delve blogs, they are not saved as expected. Once you click "save" the text (you add the hyperlink to) remains on the page, but the hyperlink that was added gets removed.

Steps to repro:
    - Sign into https://portal.office.com
    - click the Delve tile to open Delve
    - Click "Me" in the left quick launch pane
    - Click +New Post in the Blog section of page and create a new blog post titled BlogPost1 and add some text to…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom Navigation in Delve

We should be able to add custom top navigation similar to SharePoint intranet site in Delve so that it becomes part of Company's Intranet.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. alow profile pic to come from the internet

allow profile pic options to come from the internet, because some people want a celebarty as their pic

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WE are checking for the option to integrate Delve with our organisation Intranet portal

Hi Team,

We are pleased with the directory search service available with Delve. We want our employees to use it and we can achieve this by integrating it or allowing access through our organization intranet portal. Hence check for this feasibility which will allows organization to make their employees to adopt for use of Delve.

Regards,
    Vijay Kumar Ch.
    IT Team,
    Prione Bussiness Services Pvt Ltd.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dark Theme

The option to turn on a form of "Night Mode" which changes the bright white of excel, word or outlook, into a more eye sight friendly colour.
    This would be greatly helpful for students who sometimes work longer and later than we should.

I am suggesting this idea as although you can pick a cover picture for outlook, you still have bright white panels. Many websites are developing "night mode" or "dark theme" options, it would be amazing to be able to work without my eyes hurting in the evening.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow creation of SharePoint sites using Microsoft Graph

Add read-write support for site resources using Graph. This would be very helpful in automating site provisioning, especially now that app-only creation of sites is available :)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add an option to insert any picture for your background

use any picture from your files as your background

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Facebook has the ability to see how your profile looks from someone else's perspective. Build this into Delve so I can more easily see what

Facebook has the ability to see how your profile looks from someone else's perspective. Build this into Delve so I can more easily see what others see, especially regarding files they may be able to see.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Delve for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base