Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Delve in O365?

Hide specific users from Delve

I would like to exclude specific users from showing up in Delve searches. I can add a search query rule to exclude these users from a SharePoint Online search but this doesn't work in Delve and the users still show.

Can we please have a method to exclude users from showing in Delve?

713 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter England shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this soon. We have users who no longer work at our company showing up in Delve.

People before me have really good arguments - no reason for me to duplicate anything. :-)

• TWismer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Delve is meant to assist enterprises with the representation of an authoritative explorable corporate directory, then there really has to be enough natively accessible controls to enable accurate representations of all the oddities that exist in organizational structures.

Not being able to simply and directly control user object visibility within Delve is a massive drawback.

• Robin Lindheimer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the short run, it would be nice if we had the option to turn of the Org Chart feature in the short run, until this gets fixed.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Staff that have terminated from council need to be excluded from delve. We have even had examples of staff that have past away showing up in our current org structure which has been distressing for some people. This needs to be fixed asap.

It would seem simple to add an option to limit search results to a single OU, i.e. the OU where all the users are. Instead Delve searches return all disabled, terminated, admin, service and mailbox accounts etc which is confusing and irrelevant. It would seem that the product is broken without this.

• Yngvar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this for GDPR regulations in Norway as we have one tenant including students and employees

• cys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even "msExchHideFromAddressLists = true", the user's profiles still could be found in Delve.

Give the customer the capability to at least hide deleted users from Delve. This is a must have.

• Pontus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone that is concerned with this requirement, should also be concerned with the fact that any type of user can see the whole O365 directory, including all contact details and the organisational structure. It is now possible to remove specific users from the crawl, but that does not mean that all other users are willing to share their details with various external users that are invited to SharePoint for example.

Also, as @Liz already commented, GDPR requires a good reasons for every business scenario where personal details are shared. I doubt that letting everyone, including company external users, to search delve, is well aligned with expectations from GDPR.

Please vote the below suggestion up here so that only specified users or groups are allowed to search delve, like using the profile cards in SharePoint etc

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273487-delve/suggestions/12356592-enable-delve-for-specific-users-groups-only

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will need this to be implemented for GDPR requirements in the UK. We already have one user asking to be 'hidden' and are finding it impossible to implement in O365 (but just a tick of the box in Google Apps for Education).

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All, this is becoming more and more of an issue. On top of that, we have no way to specifically disable the Delve app it seems. Removing the option to "Use the Graph" in SharePoint, still does not remove the tile. We need an option quickly.

• Rick Nornholm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work in a US university. FERPA Law requires, if a student, or their parent, requests removal of their information from the campus directory (in our case, Delve), the university must comply. How do we do this?

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would primarily like to hide service account and accounts that aren't people when someone performs a "People Search" in Delve (or anywhere else within O365).

It's ok if the profile exists for these accounts so it can be clicked if the account appears elsewhere. But we need more control over what appears in People Search to make the results useful.

• Aldin Turcinovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just had a support call with Microsoft about this.
        Apparently it's by design.

Users who left the company are disabled and their license is removed but user object is not deleted because we need to keep their mailboxes.

i don't want these users to be visible in Delve and you cannot even click on it. You get an error message.
        Their user profiles keep showing in Delve which causes our users to call the helpdesk asking why they're still visible.

Either add an option for admins to hide users in Delve or just don't show disabled accounts.
        Keep their sites and storage alive in the backend but hide the accounts.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A user has passed away and keeps appearing in Delve, the account has been hidden within exchange but I cant remove them from Delve. This is very upsetting for staff.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base