Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Delve in O365?

Editing a board title (including deletion)

We should be able to edit the name of the board. What if its created with a typo?

...which leads me to my next point...you should be able to delete a board that is no longer relevant, used, etc.

726 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hunter Anderson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would echo the comments below. Hopefully there will be an update on this soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree, boards are a wonderful way of managing the aggregation of content regardless of how they are stored. But without a way to delete or edit miss-spelled boards those of us with varying degrees of OCD are bit annoyed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the boards--and my users do as well--but it's nuts that I can't delete the board.

• OnlyMalene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Office365 Feedback Team,

Any news on the subject?
        Boards are not something a real company can use if admins are unable to edit typos at the very least....

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did anyone ever get a confirmation from MS on when this will be addressed? I'm at a point where I can not recommend use of various services because they are half-finished - like Boards in Delve.

• AdminO365 Feedback Team (Admin, Microsoft Office 365) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback and it is good to hear that the approach of going towards tags/hashtags makes sense.
        I have some comments to the input from Laimonas
        1 & 3etagging all documents is not really possible because that could lead to changing tags that other users have added. We could look into changing tags that you yourself has added, but not tags that others have added. The same goes for deletion.
        4. Having tags as document metadata is something that SharePoint is looking into. Our goal as a platform is to move towards more shared gestures, but unfortunately I can't give you any details on the timeline for this other than that we are working on it.

• Laimonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To start using boards as a serious function and not just for fun, I would expect proper admin Options. As you (admin, post of Feb10 th) write, - this is a tag on doc. Ok, then, I would expect to be able to do some basics:
        1. Rename the board, - should lead to retaging all documents tagged with this board automatically
        2. Create hierarchy of boards, Group them
        3. Delete the board, if there is no doc left that is tagged with it (if there is doc left and I cant Access it, why dont you bring up a message saying EXACTLY this ?-"There are still documents tagged with this board, but you have no Access to them, please contact xyz to remove tags" or similar)
        4. Have board assignment as a documents metadata in Sharepoints document library. Whole Office 365 could be integrated platform and not just pieces working on their own.
        Thanks,
        Laimonas

• Haley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that the model of thinking of boards as tags makes sense. However, if that's the model, there is functionality not currently part of the board that I feel is very important to making it a useful tool. As a first step, excluding empty boards from suggestions or search results would be great. Because boards are open to everyone across an organization, it would also be great to see trending boards or suggestions for boards when categorizing a document. SharePoint supports @ mentions and # tagging, which is functionality that I feel would strongly improve the "board" concept and the functionality of Delve. Having a board is great, but if I can't see what boards my colleagues are contributing to, then it makes it much harder to find natural collaboration or discover related content.

There is also an issue with the search results, as when you search for a board name the search engine does not return documents tagged/added to that board. For example, I have a pdf that I have tagged to a "Corporate" board, but the word "Corporate" does not appear in the document. When I search in Delve for the term "Corporate" this document is not in the results. To me, if a board is going to be a functional tag then it absoutely has to show up in search results as metadata associated with the document. Documents I have added to the board should not only show up in search results, but they should have a higher priority than others. Based on this behavior, it appears that the search functionality does not index the board names/tag. This functionality is clearly available in SharePoint and should aboslutely be implemented in Delve.

• AdminO365 Feedback Team (Admin, Microsoft Office 365) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. I am a program manager working with boards in Delve. The underlying issue here is that a board i really a collection of documents that share the same tag. If you think of a board as "show me all items tagged 'LasVegasConference' that I have access to" then it follows that the way to make sure there are no documents on a board is to remove/rename the tag on each of the documents shown on a board. If you no longer want the board to show up for you, what you need to do is to remove it from your favorites. We recently consolidated favorite docs and favorite boards under the star in the left pane, so that is how you can get to all boards you've added docs to or favorited before.
        Perhaps the ask that remains is that you do not want empty boards to show up in suggestions or in search results. This is something we're looking into. Remember though, that if a board looks empty to you, that may be because you happen to not have access to other documents tagged with that board name.
        I would be grateful to hear back as to whether this model of thinking of boards as tags makes more sense to you and helps explain why they behave the way they do today.

• Yavio Gateway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm pretty much sure Microsoft lack of security is just u able to create a safe secured system to allow deleting from the actual mac addressing, gateway router, sim card a board was created to allow deleting. For more professional server experience giving administrative access to us to clean up the board would provide a professional domain to conduct business.

• Jesse Wysong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason we haven't deployed Boards. I am astonished and baffled why this isn't a function yet. At the LEAST, boards who have all items removed should disappear. It's been a year and I still can't delete the board I created with a typo even though I am the global admin on our tenet.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need to be able to delete boards or rename them. Just want to throw a plus 1 at this.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inability to delete or (at the very least) rename boards is becoming a critical issue for us. We have hundreds of orphaned boards due to user typos (e.g. 'My Delve Broad'), re-orgs (i.e. renamed departments mean old board names are now wrong), and countless "tests" by users exploring the Delve environment for the first time.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base