Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Delve in O365?

Add content to a Delve board from SharePoint or OneDrive

How about adding board tagging to a document's source location like SharePoint or OneDrive? That way we wouldn't have to hope we find a document in the Delve application if we wanted to proactively add it to a board in Delve.

560 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brandon Murray shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! From SharePoint we should be able to assign a document to a Delve board either by using the context menu or 3 dots.

• Jordan Novick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delve is on the right track to becoming the product my company is desperately missing, but it's just not quite there. I need a "discovery dashboard" of sorts that is unique to each employee, but that contains elements that can be easily standardized across all employees. It needs to "surface" or "expose" all the bits of data being squirreled away in different SharePoint sites, Teams sites, and employee OneDrive folders. Being able to mass "pin" files, folders, links, etc. to boards in Delve from the source platform (OneDrive, SharePoint) would go a long way.

Also, what about displaying team (as in MS Teams) File and Wiki data directly in delve as a board or simply a "Team" list in the left column?

Since Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Delve are all sharing the same back end storage (right? or do I misunderstand?) wouldn't it only make sense for Delve to have a view into all of these disparate storage paths? I mean the program is called Delve for crying out loud.Let me Delve into my data! Don't make me wait for it flash on my screen in Delve before I can do anything with it.

• Arron Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As has already been commented - without the ability to pin to Delve boards from across the breadth of the O365 estate Delve is of minimal use. The potential to support information management principles is huge. One source pinned many times is what we’re after surely. Currently my organisation only has pinning from OneDrive which promotes information stovepipes and bad information management practices - hard to fight ther good fight without the full capability!

• Justin Antczak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this feature as well. The ability to "follow" documents is no longer in the modern view for libraries, so it is becoming harder for users to keep track of relevant documents. Delve seems like the solution, but right now it is disjointed as some have pointed out, since you have to surface the document in Delve separately from SharePoint.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent a couple of hours fighting with a Delve Board, because the document that I wanted to add was not surfacing into Delve. I had two browser tabs open, one with SharePoint Online site and the document open in PowerPoint Online, and one tab with Delve homepage open. But I just could not figure out how to send that document to my Delve Board. ..... until I then realized, that there actually is no such feature yet! I believe it is quite a basic functionality that should be there - just a little button titled "Send to Delve" to force a document show up in Delve homepage or something. ... of course, directly adding a document to specific Delve Board would also be great, but if Microsoft developers are pressed for time, then a poor-man's solution of a simple "Send to Delve" would do just fine for the time being

• Joe McRoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need this. Having the ability to pin to boards from Groups is a must. My users are already asking for it.

• Aidan Bourke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolute requirement this one, as the experience is rather disjointed at the moment. If Delve was added to the document right click menu to tag it to a Delve board, delve could become an excellent workspace.

• Jesse Wysong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I want to be able to pin things to boards (I understand sharing permissions could be troublesome) from wherever I find them. Seeing a relevant document in a Sharepoint library and then having to stop, find it in Delve, and THEN pit it to a board seems like a needles delay. Especially as individuals harness their own boards and collections they should be able to pin things directly from OneDrive too.

• Simon Hudson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important for us too - in fact the whole integration with enterprise technology such as SharePoint etc. so sharing allowing Boards to be a Column in SharePoint, and integrating metadata between applications.

• Henry Pei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a necessary feature to make the content sharing work flow more intuitive for users.

Right now the user initiate the sharing would need to start a separate workflow to add contents to boards to make them more discoverable. This extra step would usually lead to no boards being added to.

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one is very important. Reducing the risk of people pulling the incorrect document for a task is a critical need for us.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would this include the ability in SharePoint to add a "Delve Board" as a column? I know it could get tricky when a document is on multiple boards, but would like that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base