How can we improve Delve in O365?

Delve should have more explicit Managed Metadata support; Delve Board names should be linked to the Term Store

Delve Board names should be linked to Managed Metadata Service. Documents in SharePoint or One Drive that get tagged with the same term could be suggested for addition to the board. People who have tagged themselves with that term (Project or expertise, etc) could have the board suggested to them, etc. Topic is a very important signal and Delve should be using the term store to formalize its use.

198 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark LeherMark Leher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carl StrangCarl Strang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought this would have been already leveraged? This is a must have for Graph and Delve.

• Russ HeraldRuss Herald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. We are preparing to migrate to O365, and the use of metadata to extract meaning is essential. The functionality within SharePoint search which allows the use of various metadata should be added to Delve.

• Helen ChallinorHelen Challinor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our hierarchical taxonomy has become an integral part of how we manage correspondence. We also use it (and other controlled lists) in Delve profiles. However, the means of accessing the terms in Delve isn't a good, intuitive experience for our users.

We want to expand the use of the terms into other areas to help with electronic document and records management.

Improved term store management, easier user interface and better connections between all elements of SPO would be welcome.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also completely agree with this assessment. Taxonomy surfacing is critical.
        I developing an application for Office Dynamics 365 that can be employed by many different industries and skill sets.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! To boost findability having a taxonomy behind the scenes to tie together the Microsoft collaboration suite is a must have! Thanks!
        Nathan

• Joanna CrumpJoanna Crump commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Corporate Librarian, I absolutely agree that expanding the metadata/taxonomy used in SharePoint to further linked applications would revolutionize digital asset management.

• Julian KnightJulian Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Also you need to add metadata to Exchange Online to allow people to tag emails. Not only would that greatly help search within EO, it could also flow through to Delve.

Feedback and Knowledge Base