Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Delve in O365?

Delve profile - better support for custom profile properties/settings

I bumped into the new "profile experience" in Delve this week and am not loving the lack of ability to customize. Before the new experience, we added several of our own profile fields such as Certifications, Educational Background, etc, and removed some of the out-of-box properties.

This worked fine in the "old" profile, but in the "new" profile, the headers for the OOB properties stay in place when those properties are hidden, creating an empty section. They also relegate the custom properties to an area below the fold of the page.

It would be great if we had more administrative control over the profile experience, especially the header sections - hiding fields in the profile is built into the admin UI, we should also be able to hide the headers that they come under as they contain language specific to those properties.

372 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Emanuel Malacarne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our business just decided to build a skill inventory system based on the data collected in Sharepoint Online.
        The request to display the custom skill categories in the "Skills and expertise" section just came in.
        I hope this will be possible with this feature =)

• Sumonrut K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont see in the profile where is the location (plant name) that persons working for. I think this is strange. I try to look around but could not find.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear MS support,

we'd like to raise the possibility to customize the information shown in Delve.
        In details we'd like the possibility to move some info from "contact information" to "additional Information" section in Delve.
        It'd be really useful.

• Joon du Randt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful to override the edit profile UI entirely. Two ways this could happen:
        1. Allow us to build a SharePoint framework web part and replace the current UI with that
        2. Allow us to specify an edit profile link to an external website

• Yvonne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on the plan to build this? We are waiting for this functionality as we have complexity in our AD.

• Eli Robillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Orgs often want to replace the way properties like Expertise are managed (e.g. populated based on project experience, not self-declared), so not only do we need to remove the existing "Ask Me About" in the profile view (already possible), we need to add a custom User Profile property into that "Skills & Expertise Section." This bulk "Additional Information" isn't appropriate - clients consider their custom properties essential, not "additional."

• Ted Tschopp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great to have a common header or footer on the page where you can edit the profile to put in custom links to applications where you can update information in their Enterprise Systems of Record. For example, provide a link to SAP HCM a for Last Name Changes when getting Married

• Mads Nissen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need to be able to configure what properties are to be shown on the user public profile page. The *TYPICAL* example is to allow employees to add twitter and linkedin urls that will be displayed in their employee profile for all their colleagues.

As an added bonus, admins should be able to allow properties to be shown in search result detail too, which will enable super-easy search driven employee twitter overviews etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

**And just a note, this is in regard to the new EDIT profile experience, where users are filling out their profile

• Joi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely with this comment. We've established an entire campaign at our organization to encourage people to use these profiles as a means of connecting, building teams based on skillset, finding commonalities (degrees, schools, skills). This change will significantly impact our efforts by confusing our users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base