New hyperlinks get removed from Delve blogs
This is a bug that the Delve Product group should fix..
SharePoint Online - Delve
When adding a hyperlink to text in Delve blogs, they are not saved as expected. Once you click "save" the text (you add the hyperlink to) remains on the page, but the hyperlink that was added gets removed.
Steps to repro:
- Sign into https://portal.office.com
- click the Delve tile to open Delve
- Click "Me" in the left quick launch pane
- Click +New Post in the Blog section of page and create a new blog post titled BlogPost1 and add some text to the post
- Save and publish BlogPost1
- Now navigate to BlogPost1 in the Browser and copy the URL of BlogPost1
The URL should be similar to the one here..
- Navigate back to Delve and Click +New Post in the Blog section of the ME page again and create another new blog post titled BlogPost2
- In BlogPost2, add some text, then highlight the text and add hyperlink to BlogPost1
- Notice the Text now appears in blue as hyperlinked text normally does
- Now click "Save" and the hyperlink you added to the text will get removed
I've seen MS do some dumb things and miss some big things, but this is CRAZY. Blog functionality is USELESS if you can't hyperlink! *smh*
Mathew Lowry commented
I have this problem too. It's massive - how can you blog if you can't link? How on earth did MS ship a blogging tool which removed links?