Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Delve in O365?

Search Everything

Search All Office 365 Content from Delve. Currently, mostly only Documents are searched. Enhance search so that all SharePoint content can be found, including lists. Also, Include email from Exchange in my results and all Yammer Content. Basically, if it's in Office 365, Delve will find it!

588 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thinking about it  ·  O365 Feedback Team responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it.

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep - Delve needs Yammer results, Microsoft Stream results, ... an if a person wants to link an RSS feed to their profile (similar to the existing blog functionality) search that too!

• EdK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is critical to the success of Delve. I have tried to get users to move to Delve and it's simply not useful enough without searching all of the data they have access to.
        E-mail would be big help if we have to prioritize, as would a date range filter.

• Clay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EVERYTHING needs to include content living in tentants in which I am a guest. Not just my home tenant.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add one more thing, How about a browser extension that would federate your companies O365 search results right along side of a Bing search. It could leverage the Delve indexes...that would be very compelling argument for using both Bing and Office365. And, when I'm looking for something but I'm not sure if it could find it internally or externally a single search from a single location increases the odds that I'll find something useful.

• Ed Hansberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Include Office advanced File Properties please in this search.

We often add custom tags in a file so it can be easily referenced in documentation. "Search in Delve for xl20170505pay" for example and it will pull that file up.

But it doesn't work with password protected files, information rights management files, etc. because those aren't indexed by Delve - they are encrypted.

But we can put those tags in the Advance File Properties which I believe are outside of the encryped information, and could be in the Category or Keywords fields.

It would also allow us to put these tags for all files in a consistent place vs adding a sheet in Excel, or putting itat the bottom of a Word or PowerPoint document.

Advanced Properties are great for advanced searching so let Delve search and index those fields.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be an easier way to search One Drive, SharePoint and Exchange. I also want to know what the latest document is. I think this is perfect for Delve.

And while it's searching the entire software, please make all results interactive! (For instance, keyword searches used to populate with Delve favorite-able tiles, but now the only option is to go to the document)

Make it a choice for the Delve-admin to choose what type that would be able to get searched in Delve.

• Harzicn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to find SharePoint sites. Currently if I search for a site, it get back only documents that contain those words. I should be able to search for 'xyz Site' and the search algorithm should prioritise 'sites' over individual documents, libraries or lists. Or I should be able to select Site in the results filter to restrict results. Very often, people need to find a site first because they do not know the exact name of the file they are seeking. Reading through the other comments, it seems to me that the ability to filter or refine the type of result (file, Yammer feed, site, person, list, etc..) is something that is missing with Delve. Thanks.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be required feature, from the start of every new feature. Not a bolt on afterthought. (Yammer, Groups, Teams, etc. )

• David Srour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important concept to be applied to Delve -- one that most users may assume from the start and be frustrated by learning its search limitations (we have already found this to be true in our organization).

• Neil Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. Also make Search experience the same in office.com (when logged in with organizational account).

Also, the new View in OneDrive no longer searches everything -- users have to click the "return to classic view" link to really search everything. This is not acceptable Search experience.

• Paul Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about searching for colleagues with certain skills or experience. If Delve is to replace MySites then it needs to provide the functionality it provided.

With a refinable search it could really become a tool that could match people to people who need skills or have interested in learning said skills. Very powerful.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make Delve search refinable by content type too. I would like to use Delve to search sites and unified groups.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base