Feedback by UserVoice

Delve

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Delve UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Delve features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the Delve features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delve connector for Powerapps

Powerapps currently does not have a connector for Delve. It would be great to pull user profile information from delve to Powerapps

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let everyone be able to change their profile picture.

Because I don't like my pink profile picture. At all.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delve replicate to AD or provide extra PowerShell user attributes

Any changes made by an user in Delve is not replicated back to AD. However we would like to get the updated attributes of the user profile (Mobile, assistant etc.) back in AD. The best solution would be that Delve replicates this back to AD...

But a secondary possibility is to make the attributes accesavle via the PowerShell. Via the O365 SharePoint you're able to get some basic columns (displayname), but it would be great if we could also be able to get mobile, assistant etc.

The Delve page is a very nice page for users to update their profile…

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RSS for Delve Blogs

SharePoint Blogs had RSS. Delve Blogs is one of my favorite components in Office 365, but I do need RSS to feed out to SurveyMonkey.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Org Chart

The company I work for is looking for a dynamic interactive chart. Delve almost has this, it certainly contains the required information. It would be greatly beneficial to have a company / department / team overview org chart ability as part of delve or o365 somewhere. Please!?

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prevent users from starting blogs

Admins in schools really need this feature. For every student that is curious and hits the button "new post" within the blog feature of Delve automatically a blogsite is created and even if nothing is written in there these blogs are recommended within the Sharepoint Startpage. For those of you already suffering from this, here is a link to delete these posts, so that these sites also dissapear from the Sharepoint Startpage:
    https://contoso.sharepoint.com/portal/personal/username/_layouts/15/deleteweb.aspx

There should be an option to simply prevent users from blogging beforehand!

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP Redirecting External Users to Delve Profiles!

When I am in a team site and click on a user's name who is an external user, it redirects to Delve, but since that user has no profile, it gives an error. HORRIBLE user experience. Obviously you can determine if the user is external or not right? I would think you don't want external users showing in your primary directory. Not sure what the best fix is, but I know its not this!!

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. O365 Planner tasks displayed in Delve

It would be great if we can get the O365 Planner tasks displayed in Delve. This will make it easier for managing all tasks form Delve home page.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When viewing a profile it should be possible to get street address information etc. from the location.

When viewing a person's profile, our administrators have to go back to SharePoint online to get information on the site he or she works at. It should be possible to get street address information etc. from the location, perhaps managed by a master list where additional information can be added when location information is imported from AD.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Delve for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it.

10. About Me ignores HTML

Adding HTML text in the About Me field of a Delve profile gets ignored when rendered. Only the plain text is displayed. Can this be changed?

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Upload my own cover photo

Give the option where we will be able to upload our own cover photo, and add some more cover photos in general like some aesthetic ones (I love aesthetic btw) or some vaporwave..

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to hide new calendar feature in Delve

There needs to be the ability to hide the new calendar feature in Delve people profiles, to accommodate for those who don't have Exchange Online. Otherwise everyone's profile page suggests they never have any appointments!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it.

13. Profile picture

Being able to change profile pictures by being able to insert a picture from the internet.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. we should be allowed to message people.

we should be able to message people. when you share a document or something you can leave a message right but what if we could actually message people like a direct message i think this is a good thing to think about because someone might be traveling and need to chat with there group about the prodject.i think this is a very good thing to just try i would love to be able to talk/ text my friend on Delve in O365. Thank you!

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow admins to update profile property mapping like you can do on prem.

Under "Manage User Properties" we would like to have the mapping controls enabled, so we can decide for ourselves where properties pick up from AD, like you can do on premise. Currently the "Add new mapping" drop downs do not work.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16. Enable the use of digital badges

Enable the use of digital badges on my profile earned for completed training, certification, and accomplishments.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate Delve Favorites and SharePoint followed files

Currently I can "follow" a file in SharePoint Online (although I can only see these in the old OneDrive Classic for some reason!!!), and I can "favorite" a file in Delve, but I can't add a file to a Delve board or see my followed SharePoint Online files in Delve.

My staff seem very interested in Delve, but this kind of basic integration needs to be better.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Office 365 Profile picture does not sync to Azure AD

Allow the Delve/Office 365 photo to be synced to ThumbnailPhoto attribute in Azure AD.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search by Department

Allow a search on department that displays cards for each person in that department. It would make org look-ups easier. The org structure info is already available and displayed in each users Delve page.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show an advanced search option

To improve Delve, it would help to add and show an "advanced search" setting when in the search bar.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base