Feedback by UserVoice

Delve

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Delve UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Delve features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the Delve features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delve replicate to AD or provide extra PowerShell user attributes

Any changes made by an user in Delve is not replicated back to AD. However we would like to get the updated attributes of the user profile (Mobile, assistant etc.) back in AD. The best solution would be that Delve replicates this back to AD...

But a secondary possibility is to make the attributes accesavle via the PowerShell. Via the O365 SharePoint you're able to get some basic columns (displayname), but it would be great if we could also be able to get mobile, assistant etc.

The Delve page is a very nice page for users to update their profile…

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Edit user list and/or remove users

we can add users by simply searching for them in Delve, but for example: we made a few changes on our users, and it enden up having two usernames duplicated, they are two different users, but one was deleted, both had the same email address, and both are still on Delve even the deleted one, which causes confution to the users.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add all the functionality that was being provided by MySite hubbs (e.g., Newsfeed, Sites)

The Newsfeed landing page and others being able to see what newsfeeds a user is following are important business intelligence opportunities.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve support/guidance on getting Delve to work in a proxy environment.

Delve hasn't worked for us EVER. All we get is a blank page. Msft support says it's a proxy issue but are oddly unable to offer any help. And it can't be "turned off" so I have 7500 users who get no search results. Incredible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make files from Office 365 Groups visible into Delve

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of now, the files that are stored into Office 365 Groups are not accessible from Delve. It seems like the obvious thing that is not implemented.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improved formatting delve blogs - indentation

Indenting and outdenting bullets/segments of text isn't easy. I was able to use the tab key to indent... but then couldn't figure out how to outdent again. Had to create a whole new element to continue my list. Hoping this can be made more intuitive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delve Look and Feel is not language consistent

We are using DELVE as standard application in our Sharepoint 2013 installation. The general language is German. Unfortunately a part (birthdate) of the information in DELVE is displayed in English (language and format) as this is the template standard.
    When will it be translated in other languages - as i.e. German?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. About Me ignores HTML

Adding HTML text in the About Me field of a Delve profile gets ignored when rendered. Only the plain text is displayed. Can this be changed?

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to restrict certain shared files from view.

I keep everything in the cloud hence all shared files are viewable in Delve. As a manager there are some files I may be collaborating on that I need to be invisible. For example, if HR Manager and I are collaborating on "Lay Off List" then people can see we are working on that before Lay Offs are public information. They can't open the file but they can see the thumbnail and filename. Is there a way to make some shared files private?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Consider adding the ability to create a Work Experience section that operates more like a repeating section

Consider adding the ability to create a Work Experience card that operates more like a repeating section. Allowing the ability to add past experience in resume type formatting.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Windows Phone App issues

Umm, it should exist?

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Delve for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all, we are actively working on a Windows App. We’ll update when more information is available for you. Thanks!

12. Allow keywords for a board so content matching the keyword is automatically added.

Allow the creation on boards with keywords so content is dynamically added to the board if its content matches the keyword. Basically an ongoing search for items related to the keyword.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alerts - be able to right click on a document from delve and set a simple alert.

I would like the ability to quickly set an alert on a document in Delve. The alert would be similiar to what I can do in onedrive, but perhaps without so many optinos. Keep it simple - alert me if the document changes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. contact info in the delve mobile app

contact info in the delve mobile app

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we’ve updated the Android app (and will soon update the iOS app) with the ability to email people from profile pages. Could you tell us more about what you might be looking for? Thanks!

15. Hover over to get more information about a document (preview)

I have multiple documents in my feed that appear to have the same title - turns out Delve is using the 'Title' formatting in Word rather than the 'Title' document property or the filename.
    I'd like to be able to hover over similar results and see more information (not just location, as in this case I have several documents with the same location and apparently the same title) similar to the hover over options we get in SharePoint search? - file name, or properties such as Title, content type?

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add publishing pages as a content source in Office Graph

Lots of organizations use articles to communicate to end users. It would be great if those could be surfaced in Delve.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bulk tagging/add to boards function

Allow discovered content to be added to boards by dragging and dropping

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Possible Bug: Changing the name of an Office 365 Group is not reflected in Delve

This is more of a bug related to groups but it can be surfaced in Delve too. When you change the name of an Office 365 group, and go back to Delve to see the documents from that group, the title of the group shown on the document card still refers to the old name of the group.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Options for "Empty" boards

If you open a board and don't currently have access to any of the documents, the options "Follow" and "Send a Link" don't appear.
    There can be some situations where you may create and share a board and plan to populate it later......or change document permissions later.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Matrix manager in Org View

For any individual employee, Delve Organizational view should be modified to graphically show matrix manager

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base