Feedback by UserVoice

Delve

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Delve UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Delve features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the Delve features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable ability to follow a person from his/her Delve profile page

At the moment it is an awful experience to try to follow a person. I have to go to the "old" Newsfeed-Page, from there click on "followed persons", then click on "follow multiple persons" and then enter the name in the people picker.

It would be much easier if there was a "Follow/Unfollow-Button" right on the Delve profile page of each user.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hover over to get more information about a document (preview)

I have multiple documents in my feed that appear to have the same title - turns out Delve is using the 'Title' formatting in Word rather than the 'Title' document property or the filename.
    I'd like to be able to hover over similar results and see more information (not just location, as in this case I have several documents with the same location and apparently the same title) similar to the hover over options we get in SharePoint search? - file name, or properties such as Title, content type?

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to hide new calendar feature in Delve

There needs to be the ability to hide the new calendar feature in Delve people profiles, to accommodate for those who don't have Exchange Online. Otherwise everyone's profile page suggests they never have any appointments!

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it.

4. STOP Redirecting External Users to Delve Profiles!

When I am in a team site and click on a user's name who is an external user, it redirects to Delve, but since that user has no profile, it gives an error. HORRIBLE user experience. Obviously you can determine if the user is external or not right? I would think you don't want external users showing in your primary directory. Not sure what the best fix is, but I know its not this!!

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. About Me ignores HTML

Adding HTML text in the About Me field of a Delve profile gets ignored when rendered. Only the plain text is displayed. Can this be changed?

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Just a note to let you know that we’re working hard to improve the current experience. Sorry for the inconvenience.

7. Add 'preferred pronoun' field in Delve

It would be helpful to add a 'preferred pronoun' field in Delve so people can know what to use when they're about to address someone they don't know.

This would matter for trans/non-binary people, but also in a multicultural environment (in which one is unsure about the gender typically associated with a particular first name).

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Office 365 Profile picture does not sync to Azure AD

Allow the Delve/Office 365 photo to be synced to ThumbnailPhoto attribute in Azure AD.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow admins to update profile property mapping like you can do on prem.

Under "Manage User Properties" we would like to have the mapping controls enabled, so we can decide for ourselves where properties pick up from AD, like you can do on premise. Currently the "Add new mapping" drop downs do not work.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it.

10. define work week

SharePoint admin center managed user profile, edit profile, "Define your work week" not showing in Delve even is set to show everyone.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show Websites I'm following on Delve

Show Websites I'm following on Delve.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great feedback! I’d love to understand more about where and why you’d want this.
    Is it on your own site to get quicker access to the sites you’re following?
    Or is it on other people’s pages to understand what they’re interested in?
    Or perhaps both?

12. Add SharePoint sites to the list of "Common file types" in my activity page

When I click Me, my activity page opens. In this page there is a "Common file types" drop-down menu in the right corner. This allows the user to filter the activity list to e.g. PowerPoint presentations only. In this drop-down list I would also like to see SharePoint sites as a separate filter option, so that the activity list only shows team sites that I have used recently.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pronouns

Allow users to select their pronouns, including she/her, they/them, they/she, they/he, he/his.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make files from Office 365 Groups visible into Delve

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of now, the files that are stored into Office 365 Groups are not accessible from Delve. It seems like the obvious thing that is not implemented.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the ability when custom a property is created and type URL is chosen in Delve for the item to be a clickable URL link, not plain text….

Add the ability when custom a property is created and type URL is chosen in Delve for the item to be a clickable URL link, not plain text….

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking into different options to improve our handling of mark-up on the Delve profile page. Thanks for the feedback.

16. profile picture linkedin

Profile Picture - p lease provide the option to delete the profile picture for those that do not want one.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add presence to people pictures in Edge (and other browsers)

Presence has become a big part of how people collaborate and now that Edge doesn't support Active X and the NSAPI plugins are going away from Firefox, Chrome etc. It is being sorely missed in the organization.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. If a user's email address is marked "Hide from address lists", it should be hidden in Delve too.

Some users may not want their email address visible to all employees, so Delve should take into account whether or not their address is set to "Hide from address lists" in Exchange.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    working on it  ·  3 comments  ·  People Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. upload my own cover picture

i like photography and i do like to customize my profile a lot i wanna be able to upload my own cover picture making more personal thanks

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A way to see when the last (and next) Analysis Cycle is due to run

The whole analysis cycle topic will be hard to understand for most users - and even for IT pros it is difficult to understand why we don't see the things we expect to see. Having access to see the analysis cycle timing for an end-user will probably help answer a lot of helpdesk questions from users who are complaining they don't see what they expect to see.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will be moving to a model which is running analytics in a continuous fashion which will render the need for insights into the “cycle” obsolete. Thanks for the feedback.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base