Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Multiple Exchange accounts in Skype for Business

I have multiple exchange accounts to support different customers, including one from my employer. Two are through 365 and one is for a on premise Exchange/Lync. It would be very helpful if I could connect to these accounts simultaneously in Skype for business.

211 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Stream Playlists

Allow creation of playlists in Microsoft stream. This should be able to be controlled by admins to create training series', etc., or by users for custom playlists of their favorite videos.

208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let us use the TAB key in Word Online

This is a pretty basic feature request: let us tab to do basic formatting in Word Online documents. Using a table isn't efficient when only one or two rows of separate, organized text are needed. This is a basic feature (it was a typewriter feature-so its been around for a while).
    The bigger request is to bring the editors in the Office Online applications up to par with their competitors. For example, Google and Apple support liberal tab use.

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow contact list sharing in OWA

Sharing of Contact Lists can be done in Outlook but not in OWA. We really need a way to share Contact Lists but our users are only using the OWA version of Office 365 due to varying platforms not being supported.

203 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Modified dates in Site Contents should reflect content changes, not system changes

Looking at the modified values in Site Contents has always been a quick way to recognize where activity has occurred - if it has. Without running any code we can quickly see if a site has been used recently. (It was easier to eyeball this in SharePoint 2007 in the vertical listing than it is in SharePoint 2013+, but that's a different UI issue - tiles aren't helpful for every use case.)

For months now, a list no one has touched for over a year might say "Modified 23 hours ago". It seems as though lists and libraries are being…

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 200 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Open local files with online aps

When we were first pitched office 365 we were told we'd be able to open local files (from C:\ or a network share) in the online aps.

That is no longer possible, but something our E1 users require.
    Especially since they cannot save attachments directly to onedrive.

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Skype for Business Contacts import/export migration

In order to enable Tenant to Tenant migration scenarios, please add a way for users to be able to import/export their Skype for Business contacts. This is especially relevant for contacts that have been added from federated domains, or fro the Skype directory.

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow encrypted emails to be viewed in a shared mailbox using Outlook

Allow encrypted emails to be viewed in a shared mailbox, using Outlook

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable/Disable Birthday Calendar and Holidays Calendar by Admin User

Currently Birthday Calendar and Holidays Calendar are able to be set by each users.
    But Admin User also prefers to set instead of users.
    The additional feature that Admin User can set each calendars to enable/disable by Windows PowerShell Cmdlet will be an ideal function.
    In this way, Admin User can set the calendars to several users at once.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. bold dates in the calender on the upper left corner.

please return the bold dates for all the calenders especialy the mini ones. it was a useful feature and i can't imagine too mant people complained about. now i can't see at a glance what days i have appointments when i am in email or not in an open calendar.

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow users to choose whether characters are automatically turned into emojis.

I hate that when I type :) it is now automatically turned into a smiley face emoji. I loathe emojis, and now my only options are to backspace after the emoji appears or to work in plain text, which disables other formatting capabilities. This is absurd. I don't want my emails littered with colorful pictures. It's entirely unprofessional, and give that Outlook is geared toward businesses, it makes no sense to turn email into a cartoon.

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Return more than 250 results when searching for emails in OWA

When you use the search functionality in OWA it will only return ~250 results. My users would like that bumped up to 10,0000 results. Found this article which better explains the limitations for search for emails in OWA.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook/search-results-limited-on-office365-on-line-portal/c05ab134-321b-462a-8ffe-895362015a22

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide mobile number in contact info.

I log in. I am asked for a mobile number so I can verify account changes and reset my password. I find my mobile number listed on my contact card. I remove my mobile number. I log in. I am asked for a mobile number so I can verify account changes and reset my password. I find my mobile number listed on my contact card. I remove my mobile number. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    I want the semi-two-factor auth this provides, but the last thing I need is to have my entire company contacting me for support after hours or for…

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a switch to the Enable-RemoteMailbox command on Hybrid servers for Remote Shared Mailboxes

Customers with Hybrid server can link the on-prem AD users and rooms to their matching Office 365 mailboxes using the Enable-RemoteMailbox shell command. There is currently no switch to do the same with Shared Mailboxes. Please add a -Shared switch so that this same process can be used to link the remote shared mailboxes.

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow winrm authentication other than basic when connecting via powershell

Please provide an option for creating a new powershell session with Office 365 with an authentication method other than basic. Due to hardening policies in place, when I attempt $O365Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell -Credential $O365Cred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

It fails because basic authentication is currently disabled in the client configuration (due to group policy settings we implemented).

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Camera uploads on business account

We have 5 business accounts and the only thing stopping us from getting rid of Dropbox and only using Microsoft OneDrive for our cloud storage is that we do not have camera uploads function for business. We use our business phones to take pictures of our inventory on a daily basis and need the photos uploaded to the cloud so we can email to customers. Please enable camera uploads for business accounts. Thank you.

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Partners to convert users to shared mailboxes

Currently, only Global Administrators can convert a user account to a shared mailbox. This makes it difficult for Partners with admin rights to do what they need to do in a timely manner.
    I recommend allowing global permissions for Partners to be able to make these changes, as it seems like a massive oversight.

179 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Onedrive For Business Administration

Please allow greater administrative control over Onedrive for Business. Some things that would help are:

Allow admins the option to prevent creation of subsites.

Add reporting/auditing for site/subsite creation.

Add greater control of sharing. Currently for Onedrive we can only turn off external sharing for the entire tenant. It would be nice to have greater control over sharing. For instance, some users should be able to share externally while others can only share internally. Or possibly, create sharing policies where users can be restricted to only sharing with members of certain groups that are defined by admins.

178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Google Drive support in iOS Office apps is severely needed

Google Drive support in iOS Office apps is severely needed!

176 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base