Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Microsoft Stream Playlists

Allow creation of playlists in Microsoft stream. This should be able to be controlled by admins to create training series', etc., or by users for custom playlists of their favorite videos.

260 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Visio for Office 365 for Mac

Since Office 365 is supposed to be device independent, it would be great if Visio/Visio Pro would have a mac version that is available through Office 365.

256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Visio 2013 and Project 2013 in Office 2016

Enable use of Visio and Project with 365 and Office 2016. Office 2016 deletes Project and Visio even though we've paid for the software. There is no easy way to roll back either. This should be a no brainer.

256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unify or Aggregate ALL Tasks

Using several Microsoft services (Outlook, OneNote, Planner, Project, Dynamics CRM ++).. Tasks are a huge mess. One creates tasks here, there and everywhere but what is severely lacking is ONE unified view/application to aggregate all the tasks you have created no matter which (Microsoft) service you have created them in. No "Add to Outook", the task is just there. Please bring this feature to f.ex Wunderlist. Also add possibility to add several user identities into the aggregated view.

251 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow contact list sharing in OWA

Sharing of Contact Lists can be done in Outlook but not in OWA. We really need a way to share Contact Lists but our users are only using the OWA version of Office 365 due to varying platforms not being supported.

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support Document Sets in Modern libraries

Enable support for Document Sets in Modern SharePoint libraries.

Document sets are a very useful alternative to folders and are used in sophisticated document management scenarios. The lack of support for these in Modern libraries forces us to retain Classic libraries in many cases

241 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Powershell Command to purge specific mailbox folders

Currently you can purge all contents of a user mailbox by using the following commands:

Search-Mailbox -Identity "identity" -DeleteContent -force
    Search-mailbox -identity "identity" -SearchDumpsterOnly -DeleteContent

This wipes the user mailbox completely without removing the mailbox itself. There currently is not a way to refine and delete content for specific mailbox or custom folder names while leaving content from other folders in the mailbox alone. Example: Purge only: Junk Email, Deleted Items, Clutter, Custom Folder 1, Custom Folder 2, etc.

Reference:
    Search for and delete messages in Exchange 2016
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff459253(v=exchg.160).aspx
    Search and delete messages in Exchange 2013
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff459253(v=exchg.150).aspx
    Search and delete…

242 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable DropBox integration on OneDrive for Business and Office Online

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a admin option to disable the prompts for DropBox integration. We encourage staff to use OneDrive for business as a Cloud storage solution, but the DropBox prompts will confuse staff into thinking we also support this as a method of storing their work.

From a data compliance point of view and a support point of view we do not want to be in a position of encouraging the use of storage outside of Office365.

Kind Regards,

Matt

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Forms Email Notification

I would like the option to receive email notifications when there is a new submission.

236 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy Calendar Item to Other Day

User can move their calendar item to another day or time by Outlook on the Web.
    But currently it is not possible to copy calendar item to paste in the other day.

Usually User creates several calendar items which are same Subject.
    In this case, Copy & Paste will be an ideal function.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The Top results when searching for mail are confusing and useless

The OWA Top results when searching for email cause significant confusion. One expects the most recent result to be listed at the top, but instead more than 1 year old results are shown first under "Top results." Those results are not "Top" in anyone's book and in addition, the UI is not obvious enough to indicate that the results you're likely looking for are under "All results."

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please enable the attachment of Sharepoint files while using Outlook online

Currently there is no way to attach a sharepoint file to outlook online without downloading it locally first. Email attachments. in 2017. Come on guys.

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give more detail on the TLS and Connector reports that are available in the Security and Compliance Centre

Allow you to drill down and get more detail on the TLS report. For example, which domains are not using TLS, or which domains are only using TLS 1.0.

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1. Click into “details”.
    2. Choose “connector report”.
    3. Choose “request report”.
    4. Answer the questions in the wizard, clicking “Next”, “Next”, and “Save”.
    5. Wait for the report to come to the email address specified. It will contain the following fields:
    message_id, direction, sender_address, recipient_address, connector_name, connector_type, tls_version, tls_cipher

With the Message_Id value, you can combine this with MessageTrace to get the Subject.

If this does not help, please provide more information as to the scenario and detail that is missing. Thank you for the feedback!

14. Allow delegates the ability to access Exchange Online Archive without Full Access permissions

When a user provides delegate access to calendar or folders, they should have the ability to apply the same permissions on their Exchange Online Archive without providing full access permissions for the delegate. When the permission is applied on the folder level of the Exchange Online Archive, it should be easy for the delegate to access the Exchange Online Archive in Outlook or Outlook Web App.

233 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable/Disable Birthday Calendar and Holidays Calendar by Admin User

Currently Birthday Calendar and Holidays Calendar are able to be set by each users.
    But Admin User also prefers to set instead of users.
    The additional feature that Admin User can set each calendars to enable/disable by Windows PowerShell Cmdlet will be an ideal function.
    In this way, Admin User can set the calendars to several users at once.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ABILITY TO TURN OFF AUTOSAVE

Not everyone wants the AUTOSAVE option. Microsoft need to build in the ability to disable the autosave. I frequently use one document to create another and the autosave means that I cannot keep both versions without lots of back peddling into older versions, which I do not have the capacity to time manage

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow encrypted emails to be viewed in a shared mailbox using Outlook

Allow encrypted emails to be viewed in a shared mailbox, using Outlook

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Business Contact Manager For Outlook 2016

For years I've been using Business Contact Manager with Outlook. After upgrading to Outlook to 2016 I'm told via a pop-up box AFTER launching the program for the first time that BCM is no longer compatible. Note, I'm not warned about this until AFTER the upgrade. Now I'm stuck without the ability to roll back to Outlook 2013. How about warning users BEFORE upgrading or make BCM work with the current version of Outlook?

219 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    103 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hide mobile number in contact info.

I log in. I am asked for a mobile number so I can verify account changes and reset my password. I find my mobile number listed on my contact card. I remove my mobile number. I log in. I am asked for a mobile number so I can verify account changes and reset my password. I find my mobile number listed on my contact card. I remove my mobile number. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    I want the semi-two-factor auth this provides, but the last thing I need is to have my entire company contacting me for support after hours or for…

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix saving all attachments to a folder in Outlook 2016

Since about september 2017 you cannot save "all attachments" to a folder any more. When you click "save all attachments", there is no error message, the files are just not saved. It is described here (https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_2016/outlook-2016-fehler-die-anlage-kann-nicht/8be09012-37dd-4647-8b99-98cdcdbdd83d) and here (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/819dcbc5-b70b-4396-8eb4-85a8f6cda005/outlook-2016-fehler-die-anlage-kann-nicht-gespeichert-werden-die-datei-kann-nicht-gefunden-werden?forum=Office2016ITProDE).
    It happens on local and network drives on Windows 10 with Outlook 2016.

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base