Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365 Calendar tool tips for Recurrance Icon are wrong - the tool tip in the header column show "fRecurrance"

Office 365 Calendar tool tips for Recurrance Icon are wrong - the tool tip in the header column shows "fRecurrance" and if you hover over the recurrence icons for list items it shows "Meeting Workspace"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save Document Library as Template in Office 365 Groups

In regular SharePoint you have the option to save a document library as a template, but these templates aren't available in Office 365 Groups. It would be really useful to be able to access these document library templates in Groups and across Site Collections, the same way you can access the Content Type Hub. Actually, if you could save a whole Group as a template that would also be very useful for me.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Query on indent

A possibly trivial Outlook versus Word question in respect of bullets and indentation.

OUTLOOK: At indentation level 2 and press enter on an empty line. Result is to go back to indentation level 1 but still in bullet mode.

WORD: Result is to cease indentation and also to exit from bullet mode. Can we do something to stay in bullet mode?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. attached invoices should have unique filenames

Attached as well as downloaded pdf invoices should have unique filenames: e.g. the invoice number.pdf instead of invoice.pdf.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can O365 update more frequently?

Can O365 update more frequently?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to recover entire deleted folders in content search instead of just the items within

The current way to recover deleted items after they are no longer available in the recoverable items folder is with a content search, however when you recover items from the content search it does not keep folder layout that was present in Outlook. Adding this feature would help when a user accidentally deletes a folder and does not recover it in time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ”共有ライブラリ”に反映されるサイトを任意で設定したい / I want to optionally set the site to be reflected in the "shared library"

SharePoint サイトにアクセスを繰り返しても”共有ライブラリ”に反映されないため、ユーザー自身がが設定できることを希望します

Since repeated access to the SharePoint site is not reflected in "Shared library", I hope that the user can set it themselves

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. attached invoices should have unique filenames

Attached as well as downloaded pdf invoices should have unique filenames: e.g. the invoice number.pdf instead of invoice.pdf.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. attached invoices should have unique filenames

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Outlook 2016 version 1905

Outlook 2016 version 1905(latest monthly channel release)

Please move Reply,ReplyAll and Forward buttons from right side to the top . Exactly like we have in Safe mode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Contacts are displayed differently between Outlook client address book and personal contacts

I would like you to provide us a feature to consolidate the order of contacts in both Outlook client address book and personal contacts.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Implement a feature to set different name of the organizer for the booking event and the invitation

Please implement a feature to change name of the organizer on an event in a resource mailbox and the sender name on the invitation e-mail. It would be great for external users to see the company name at first.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the Pick Up Where You Left Off Feature Work In Word---Every Time!

Make the Pick Up Where You Left Off Feature work In Word---every time! I often close and reopen documents and most of the time the feature doesn't work!! I have reported this problem at least 14 months ago and several times since and the issue STILL is not resolved.

Please fix.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Office O365 ProPlus continues to run on the current Windows 10 LTSC version.

Currently, O365 ProPlus on Win10 LTSC will only be supported until January 14, 2019.
    My suggestion and wish is that O365 ProPlus continues to be supported and usable on the current Win10 LTSC version.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Extra Reports on Office 365

Added functionality for analysis, for admins who want extra reporting features for example: Detailed Report of Sent and Received mail attachment sizes for each user inside an organization.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Retention Labels to Teams

Users are not allowed to apply Policies to 365 but they are allowed to apply Labels. Please add Labels to Teams so users can apply retention to the team as needed.

Users have no control over retention in Teams but are better suited to make the retention determination. Please empower users by adding Labels to the Team and Channel Chats to help them address this problem.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unable to "Attach as a copy"

In OWA if the attachment preferences is set to always use a link (SPO or OD4B), you are unable to use the drop down and select "Attach as copy." The attachment link will spin, and never attach as a copy.
    This is happening on multiple browsers and the only way to get around this is by setting the default to "Ask me how I want to share every time."
    This seems to be a bug once the link has been shared not allowing you change it to a copy of the document.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow meeting lobby bypass option only for specific individuals

If we want to use Teams for interviews, we need to be able to control access to the meeting/interview. If an internal applicant is invited, they currently can bypass the lobby as a member of the organisation. Allow additional option to select only panel members to bypass, and admit applicant when required, later remove access to protect recording.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unable to copy files from RDP to local outlook

We have had multiple users report and complain that recently they are unable to copy files from a remote desktop session on an on-premise server to their Outlook on their local computer. This seems to be a new issue presented in one of the recent office updates. I have updated the office products but the issue persists.

First reports of this was today.
    I have ensured that the office products are up to date.
    We are running 2-click version of Outlook.
    I am unable to provide screenshots.

I have looked online and found other reporting the same issue but I…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep consistent session when utilizing two separate networks in the process

Our users are gradually becoming mobile and have a portable laptop that can be docked at the office and then bought home to work from home and connect through VPN.

When an user's laptop moves from the office to home or vice versa, they are forced to re-authenticate It would be user friendly for the user to not re-authenticate to MS as they already had to authenticate twice from the Windows login, and VPN login.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base