Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Opening a file within an office 325 application

Opening a file within an application is ok. Cannot be found if I move it. Office application could get from FAT where the file is now

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. voice of the customer - please listen or we are moving to gmail

Does anyone require trouble shooting for MS. I can now do it better than their own techs. ticket number 7586800, 7585107, 7587813, 7550920,7400793 - 4 disconnected because they could not address the issue. 2 stayed the course and the problem is still not resolved. I am now an expert on outlook installations. It is a joke

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Buying Licenses thru a vendor and adding it to a tenant is very confusing and not very straight forward. It needs to be simpler

Send the verification of licenses to the global user account so they can apply it withing the portal. Instead of logging into a account outside of the tenant to get the information to apply it to the tenant. Too many hoops to jump thru.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Copying from word to onlineword should work, but it is not.

Copying bulleted text from word 2013 to onlineword bullets are changed to symbols. Should work as copying between word documents

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prevent "Recent Items" from being stored and displayed through all seats under the same user.

There is currently no option to disable "Recent Items" from being stored and displayed when inserting a link on any Office 365 application. That is really inconvenient when you have more than one seat for a given user as any user logged in with the same credentials has access to this list of items even if they are not the owners.
    This goes against privacy to our users so we are requesting for an admin feature to disable Recent Items from being stored and/or displayed.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft Stream On A 'microsoft.com' Subdomain

As at Nov 2019, the Microsoft Stream (enterprise video platform) application is served from web.microsoftstream.com. This is inconsistent with most other Microsoft enterprise applications such as outlook.microsoft.com, teams.microsoft.com etc

My users are used to finding Office 365 services intuitively - they only have to remember 'teams' when they want to access Microsoft Teams, for example. Yes, they could go to portal.office.com but, trust me, they don't, nor do they bookmark web.microsoftstream.com. Make it easy for them to access valuable Microsoft services!

I suggest that you move web.microsoftstream.com to stream.microsoft.com.

You're currently only using stream.microsoft.com to springboard to products.office.com so it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Respond to feedback

Microsoft has responded to only a handful of the currently active suggestions. There are a number of requests that have existed for years and garnered thousands of votes, but have yet to receive any comment or action from Microsoft. Some of the ignored suggestions seem like no-brainers from a roadmap strategy standpoint, which makes Microsoft's radio silence all the more frustrating. If users are going to put in the time and effort to create, contribute to, and support UserVoice suggestions, Microsoft should put in more of an effort to respond to their community.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The newest update to Office 16.14.1 on Mac Issue

The newest update to Office 16.14.1 on Mac resulted in blurry printouts from PowerPoint. Rolling back to 16.3.1 fixed the issue. The new update needs a FIX.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In OWA, when you are in People and click Send Email on a contact have your signature append

In OWA, when you are in People and click Send Email on a contact have your signature append without having to click insert signature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add the help desk user right to Intune.

The settings can not be changed on intune, and the user wants to check the status of the device, and only to synchronize the lost mode or application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the information that is displayed when you click Add room

It would be really useful that if the meeting request form in Outlook on the web could show the availability of rooms, seats and locations when clicking Add room. Currently, when I try to add a room for a meeting, it only shows that those rooms are free to use or not. I will be able to choose the appropriate room if I can check those information.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. IRM for outlook for iOS

Please add the IRM feature on the iPad (Outlook for iOS) for convenience

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a GPS coordinate field in outlook contacts that can be mapped directly to bing / google / apple maps.

Add a GPS coordinate field in Outlook contacts address field that can directly be mapped when clicking Map it. Not all addresses globally get accurate results in the mapping systems and hence if we were able to add an exact GPS coordinate location to define a persons address (home or work) at least we would know how to physically get there by car, etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To have user profile picture loaded into outlook in cache mode.

To have user profile picture loaded into outlook in cache mode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ich arbeite mit office 365 und outlook 2019 sowie mit ipad und iphone - e-mails möchte ich vom iphone zu windows explorer ordner hinzufügen

ich arbeite mit office 365 und outlook 2019, sowie iphone und ipad. e-mails, die ich auf den apple devices erhalte, möchte ich gerne in meine Ordner im windows explorer projektbezogen aus der Ferne speichern. Gibt es dazu schon eine Möglichkeit, bzw. wird diese in absehbarer Zeit kommen?
    Schöne Grüße
    Walter Höbling

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. on teams, beeing able to transfer message via mail to your own mail

Not possible do send the text selected to once own mail, just to others. To bad.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get rid of File block - it is costing me hours on a weekly basis for undoing what it does.

Don't upgrade my system to have file block, and turn it off for me, I have no use for it and it is interfering with files I have developed and been using for many years. It is a nightmare, and seems to be protecting me only from the material that I use routinely.
    There should be an opt out option to it, and it should be advertised better than the auto-optin that seems to have happened.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base