Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Read Receipts in Teams

Allow tracking of whether the members of your team have viewed a message that you have posted in Teams, similar to Facebook Messenger/WhatsApp.

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. disposable

Office 365 (and on-prem Exchange) needs the ability to have "disposable" or "instant" email address aliases, like GMail has.

This is where you can specify an arbitrary "tag" in your email address after your normal alias. So if you have "john.smith@example.com" then you can use "john.smith+gamestop@example.com" and "john.smith+amazon@example.com" to let you give a different address to GameStop and Amazon, which makes it easier to filter their emails, as well as protecting your mailbox from untrusted spammers (especially if you add a fake top-level alias and block all email to that alias).

GMail has supported…

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the capability for tenant service accounts

As we build solutions in Office 365, we often need the concept of service accounts, but there's no mechanism for this - other than setting up a fake user account. It's quite common to need an identity that isn't tied to a specific person, not unlike what we typically do on premises.

The idea would be that these service accounts could have the restriction that they wouldn't have a login, so they would have no mailbox, no OneDrive etc., but could be secured like any other AD principal.

Here are some example uses for this type of account:
    * As…

239 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable DropBox integration on OneDrive for Business and Office Online

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a admin option to disable the prompts for DropBox integration. We encourage staff to use OneDrive for business as a Cloud storage solution, but the DropBox prompts will confuse staff into thinking we also support this as a method of storing their work.

From a data compliance point of view and a support point of view we do not want to be in a position of encouraging the use of storage outside of Office365.

Kind Regards,

Matt

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynamic distribution group based on domain

It seems impossible to create a DDL based on the domain name, because the recipient filter does not accept wildcard at first position in the -like condition.

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Password manager as Office 365 app!

I think that some passwords management like as 1password or LastPass should be included as own Microsoft app in Office 365.

All companies thinking about giving access for their services out of Office 365 world (don't live in bubble please :D, excel is not right way for everything) to employers.

I think that solution from Microsoft in one "eco-system" should be the best!

Do you think about it please?

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy Calendar Item to Other Day

User can move their calendar item to another day or time by Outlook on the Web.
    But currently it is not possible to copy calendar item to paste in the other day.

Usually User creates several calendar items which are same Subject.
    In this case, Copy & Paste will be an ideal function.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore removed functionality to print from Publisher to a PDF using CMYK settings

In Publisher 2010, one had the option to print using a CMYK colour scheme, which is required by the commercial printer that does the printing of my newsletter. The functionality has worked well for many years. When I upgraded to Office 2013 (on an Office 365 subscription), I see that the feature was removed (i.e. one can only print in RGB format). Why was this feature removed, and can it be reinstated?

232 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Publisher availability for mac

It would be a great idea to provide a good detail on the sales plan that publisher is not available for mac.

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Excel Online Print Paper Selection Defaulting to A4

When printing from Excel online (in either IE or Chrome) the paper type is defaulting to A4 instead of Letter.

231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Microsoft Forms Email Notification

I would like the option to receive email notifications when there is a new submission.

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ABILITY TO TURN OFF AUTOSAVE

Not everyone wants the AUTOSAVE option. Microsoft need to build in the ability to disable the autosave. I frequently use one document to create another and the autosave means that I cannot keep both versions without lots of back peddling into older versions, which I do not have the capacity to time manage

225 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Visio for Office 365 for Mac

Since Office 365 is supposed to be device independent, it would be great if Visio/Visio Pro would have a mac version that is available through Office 365.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. rename One Drive and sharepoint URL

Currently when we share files through One Drive and SharePoint, a file URL forms automatically, and we cannot rename the URL.

I suggest that URL forms based on our custom domain instead initial domain, so it looks much more professional to those who we wish to share the files to.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Simplify adding ics file item to current Outlook calendar

Double-clicking an Internet calendar item (.ics file) attachment in Outlook causes a new calendar to be created, instead of opening it or asking if it should be added to the user's calendar as expected (and as previously implemented in earlier versions of Windows/Outlook).

To add it to the current calendar, it must be saved to the local drive then opened (File>Open). Outlook then asks if it should be opened as a new calendar or added to the current calendar...this same behavior should be used for double-click open.

Dragging the .ics attachment to the calendar results in a transient error message,…

217 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please allow admins to force update Offline Address Book (OAB)

Currently new OAB is generated on a daily schedule, which is too slow for fast ad-hock business needs and it affects groups in Skype For Business.

217 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Business Contact Manager For Outlook 2016

For years I've been using Business Contact Manager with Outlook. After upgrading to Outlook to 2016 I'm told via a pop-up box AFTER launching the program for the first time that BCM is no longer compatible. Note, I'm not warned about this until AFTER the upgrade. Now I'm stuck without the ability to roll back to Outlook 2013. How about warning users BEFORE upgrading or make BCM work with the current version of Outlook?

216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    102 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Global Office template store for an organization

Most organizations have their own set of tamplates for Office documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc). Traditionally these have been used when using the client version of Word, PowerPoint etc. There is a need for a single storage in Office 365 wher an organizations templates can stored and managed. Changes in templates then must be propagated to client, team sites, groups etc etc. Managing office templates locally and in SharePoint today is too cumbersome.

216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix saving all attachments to a folder in Outlook 2016

Since about september 2017 you cannot save "all attachments" to a folder any more. When you click "save all attachments", there is no error message, the files are just not saved. It is described here (https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_2016/outlook-2016-fehler-die-anlage-kann-nicht/8be09012-37dd-4647-8b99-98cdcdbdd83d) and here (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/819dcbc5-b70b-4396-8eb4-85a8f6cda005/outlook-2016-fehler-die-anlage-kann-nicht-gespeichert-werden-die-datei-kann-nicht-gefunden-werden?forum=Office2016ITProDE).
    It happens on local and network drives on Windows 10 with Outlook 2016.

215 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. URL shortener when sharing

when sharing links to documents, etc, the URL's are way too long.

Can you integrate something like bitly or another tool to make them less than the 208 characters that the last link I shared was.

The ideal place to offer this feature is when you are given the option to 'copy' the URL.

I am also waiting to see a response from this post: https://goo.gl/h6wTRt

The last comment says:
    *Update March 15, 2016: We’re working on a new approach to shortening the sharing links that will better enhance our users’ experience. Unfortunately, we had to remove the current experience…

213 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base