Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow contact list sharing in OWA

Sharing of Contact Lists can be done in Outlook but not in OWA. We really need a way to share Contact Lists but our users are only using the OWA version of Office 365 due to varying platforms not being supported.

265 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    28 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Visio for Office 365 for Mac

Since Office 365 is supposed to be device independent, it would be great if Visio/Visio Pro would have a mac version that is available through Office 365.

260 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Visio 2013 and Project 2013 in Office 2016

Enable use of Visio and Project with 365 and Office 2016. Office 2016 deletes Project and Visio even though we've paid for the software. There is no easy way to roll back either. This should be a no brainer.

256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow encrypted emails to be viewed in a shared mailbox using Outlook

Allow encrypted emails to be viewed in a shared mailbox, using Outlook

259 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unify or Aggregate ALL Tasks

Using several Microsoft services (Outlook, OneNote, Planner, Project, Dynamics CRM ++).. Tasks are a huge mess. One creates tasks here, there and everywhere but what is severely lacking is ONE unified view/application to aggregate all the tasks you have created no matter which (Microsoft) service you have created them in. No "Add to Outook", the task is just there. Please bring this feature to f.ex Wunderlist. Also add possibility to add several user identities into the aggregated view.

254 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable/Disable Birthday Calendar and Holidays Calendar by Admin User

Currently Birthday Calendar and Holidays Calendar are able to be set by each users.
    But Admin User also prefers to set instead of users.
    The additional feature that Admin User can set each calendars to enable/disable by Windows PowerShell Cmdlet will be an ideal function.
    In this way, Admin User can set the calendars to several users at once.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

253 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide mobile number in contact info.

I log in. I am asked for a mobile number so I can verify account changes and reset my password. I find my mobile number listed on my contact card. I remove my mobile number. I log in. I am asked for a mobile number so I can verify account changes and reset my password. I find my mobile number listed on my contact card. I remove my mobile number. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    I want the semi-two-factor auth this provides, but the last thing I need is to have my entire company contacting me for support after hours or for…

250 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please enable the attachment of Sharepoint files while using Outlook online

Currently there is no way to attach a sharepoint file to outlook online without downloading it locally first. Email attachments. in 2017. Come on guys.

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a Linux Skype for Business client

Skype for Business is rather handy, but sometimes Linux users want to use it as well. Why not release a client?

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support Document Sets in Modern libraries

Enable support for Document Sets in Modern SharePoint libraries.

Document sets are a very useful alternative to folders and are used in sophisticated document management scenarios. The lack of support for these in Modern libraries forces us to retain Classic libraries in many cases

241 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ABILITY TO TURN OFF AUTOSAVE

Not everyone wants the AUTOSAVE option. Microsoft need to build in the ability to disable the autosave. I frequently use one document to create another and the autosave means that I cannot keep both versions without lots of back peddling into older versions, which I do not have the capacity to time manage

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy Calendar Item to Other Day

User can move their calendar item to another day or time by Outlook on the Web.
    But currently it is not possible to copy calendar item to paste in the other day.

Usually User creates several calendar items which are same Subject.
    In this case, Copy & Paste will be an ideal function.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to change the proofing language for all users

The proofing language for Word Online etc. is set to English US by default, and whilst you can change this on a single document, it automatically defaults back to English US for every new document created.

I've spoken to Microsoft, who confirmed this is by design, and cannot currently be changed at a global/admin level.

242 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disable DropBox integration on OneDrive for Business and Office Online

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a admin option to disable the prompts for DropBox integration. We encourage staff to use OneDrive for business as a Cloud storage solution, but the DropBox prompts will confuse staff into thinking we also support this as a method of storing their work.

From a data compliance point of view and a support point of view we do not want to be in a position of encouraging the use of storage outside of Office365.

Kind Regards,

Matt

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Microsoft Forms Email Notification

I would like the option to receive email notifications when there is a new submission.

236 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give more detail on the TLS and Connector reports that are available in the Security and Compliance Centre

Allow you to drill down and get more detail on the TLS report. For example, which domains are not using TLS, or which domains are only using TLS 1.0.

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1. Click into “details”.
    2. Choose “connector report”.
    3. Choose “request report”.
    4. Answer the questions in the wizard, clicking “Next”, “Next”, and “Save”.
    5. Wait for the report to come to the email address specified. It will contain the following fields:
    message_id, direction, sender_address, recipient_address, connector_name, connector_type, tls_version, tls_cipher

With the Message_Id value, you can combine this with MessageTrace to get the Subject.

If this does not help, please provide more information as to the scenario and detail that is missing. Thank you for the feedback!

17. bold dates in the calender on the upper left corner.

please return the bold dates for all the calenders especialy the mini ones. it was a useful feature and i can't imagine too mant people complained about. now i can't see at a glance what days i have appointments when i am in email or not in an open calendar.

232 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve room features for recurring meetings in Outlook

It would be great is something similar to the Room Finder was available for booking recurring meetings.
    Allowing double booking in our environment is not an option ... so our users are left booking meetings around room availability based on room rejections.
    It would be nice if:
    1) when booking a recurring meeting, the resource was booked for the available instances of the series and notify the users of the rejections... instead of declining the entire series if one or a few instances are not available,
    2) if a feature similar to Room Finder for single instance meetings was available…

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable reports to view the usage of Visio Pro.

I would like to see if users who have a visio Pro license are actually using this license. There is no option at the moment. This would be very welcome in the report area.

231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow winrm authentication other than basic when connecting via powershell

Please provide an option for creating a new powershell session with Office 365 with an authentication method other than basic. Due to hardening policies in place, when I attempt $O365Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell -Credential $O365Cred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

It fails because basic authentication is currently disabled in the client configuration (due to group policy settings we implemented).

224 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base