Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Word Online Edit Mode so the --> Arrow Renders Properly

In desktop Word, you can create a custom right-arrow by entering two dashes and the greater than sign (-->). Desktop Word takes those three characters and auto-corrects them to a nicer looking Wingding right arrow. If you take a Word document with a custom right-arrow and drag it into SharePoint/Teams, the custom right-arrow renders fine in Word Online view mode, but when you go into Word Online edit mode, these arrows get replaced with a [Symbol] designation. For whatever reason, Word Online edit mode cannot figure out what this custom right-arrow is supposed to be even though it renders fine…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to save mail attachments automatically to Onedrive.

I would like be able to salve all attachments received of external user to specifics internal user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BLEACH

BLEACH Best shot is here : http://mondoagram.com/6Mt3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Asynchronous multi-factor authentication

Multi-factor authentication is an ever more popular security addition to traditional password-only methods. However, the way it's implemented in O365 disrupts standards and makes it impossible to use clients like apps for Android or Thunderbird.

A solution to this would be 'asynchronous MFA':

• The client attempts traditional IMAP authentication (or equivalent for other protocols, eg, iCal, SMTP)

• it fails a first time, but, at the same time, O365 servers send a notification to the user (eg, secondary email, SMS, dedicated app) to tell him/her that he/she must go to a given URL and provide the second factor (the usual code…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Excel - Saved Filter sets

Add the ability to save a named filter configuration. Easily swap between different filtered views, via a list of saved "filter sets"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. scan to sharepoint online

Scan from printer to sharepoint library, without the need of another licence! Flow... just for that.
    That's a requirement for a few of our clients.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the individual category permission of community site work

As we know, we can create more categories in the community site. For certain categories, I only want most people to read instead of posting things. So I set the specific permission for those categories by editing page permission. However, the permission setting is totally useless. No matter how I set it, it won't affect the permission on that individual category at all. If it is not working, why do you still show it to me and let me modify it.

My suggestion is you either make it work or disable it.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Office for Mac 2016+ (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) Recent Docs issue

Hello, in Office for Mac 2011 we used to be able to set the recent docs displayed to "0" effectively disabling tracking of recently opened documents. In the 2016 and above versions, this feature does not appear. I have seen in online forums that this is a highly requested feature. My chat representative also told me he gets people asking about this. I myself have relied on this feature as I work with confidential documents and I must care for the privacy of clients and other people. Now that I am using Office for Mac 2016 I desperately need this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. improve your search engin for adresses

my idea is very simple and it´s increadable that it doesn´t work since decades:
    I don´t know any email program (just outlook!) where it´s not possible to find email adresses in my own contact list. I have to know exactly how it starts, otherwise: no chance! This is very ridiculous. And I have to pay for. Why?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Only available online" option in One Drive for Windows 8

Currently, while using windows 8, when I save the files on one drive, it also starts occupying space on my hard disk. To save the hard disk space, there is an option in windows 10, to make the files available only online. I would suggest that this option should also be available to users of windows 8.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display all Outlook Contact Card fields by default

In Outlook 2010, if you selected a contact in an email it would display the contact card and all fields. Now in Office 365 you only get a select few fields and have to click on more to expand the card and view all fields

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. send help so I am able to preview a powerpoint file

I am very frustrated and need to be able to preview files regardless of what they are - word, excel or powerpoint. Is someone able to tell me how to do this. I always could before but now I have 365

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How To Unable To Configure Driver In Microsoft Windows 10 ?

Microsoft users might face some technical issues such as ‘unable to configure driver is Microsoft Windows 10’ and need some assistance. The users can resolve the issues through Microsoft tech support number +1-877-833-8252 where they will be assisted by the technicians of level six.

Read More:- http://www.microsoftcustomersupportnumber.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. One drive for business

Now a days its very frustrating to use one drive for business as they being upgrade to new version. As the upgrade version is released we need to reconfigure for each & every user manually. As a partner we need to give solution for our enterprise customer have more than 500 users. when we reconfigure it syncs from the initialize.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. i will sugest to have an option to update on to do list time and date to be automatically reflected on the Calendar on Outlook

Whenever I want update in To do list, there should be an "Update" button which will automatically reflected in Calendar on Outlook and work will be very easy and precised.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New category for disabled users

It would be nice to have disabled users in their own catagory in the admin portal, and not keep having them listed under "Active users"
    When disabled users are listed under disabled to have them automatically removed from the global address book and not have them show up in Teams. To continue without these changes is adding confusion to the organization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. have a "send attachment" option in the dropdown menu on the attachment in the web version of outlook.

have a "send attachment" option in the dropdown menu on the attachment in the web version of outlook.

I would like to be able to send an attachment to someone else, but not have it forward the whole email chain. Just attach the file to a new email. This could be a good option on the drop-down for each attachment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. リッチテキスト形式や HTML 形式のメール本文内の画像ファイルを添付ファイルと認識させないでほしい

メール本文内の埋め込み画像ファイルは、見た目上添付ファイルと見えないのに、トランスポート ルールで添付ファイルが存在することを条件としている場合に、そのルールがで起用されて困っています。
    リッチテキストや HTML 形式のメール内の埋め込み画像ファイルを、添付ファイルと認識させない方法を実装してほしいです。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Restriction on “from “ field on mails configured in mobile devices/Outlook- O365 Exchange.

Restriction on “from “ field on mails configured in mobile devices/Outlook- O365 Exchange

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base