Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint - limit user search scope to global address list

Introduce feature for SharePoint to limit search scope for users to only search the global address list. We have admins we hide in global address list but when searching in SharePoint they appear.

In teams there is a feature we can use:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-scoped-directory-search#turn-on-scoped-directory-search

can you add this to SharePoint as it would be very useful.

Thanks
    Joanne

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Exchange SSN templates so they work

Please visit the following link to see that US SSN templates do not work.
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/158/p/345360/943347.aspx#943347

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. OnPremise / Direct Routing Caller ID for Teams

Possibility to manually add service number (even in "Onprem" or Direct Routing mode) that can be use to set Company Caller ID for all users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Implement shared computer activation function for Mac OS, iOS, Android and other operating systems

I would like to request to implement a shared computer activation function for other operating systems such as Mac OS, iOS, and Android. Or I would like you to implement a similar function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate Microsoft Teams with Outlook

I would like to have a shared email box with the option to save an email as a pdf in a teams file folder and also share an attachment of an email in a shared email box to a file folder in Teams. And then set up a flow for this to automatically happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add a task count in Planner per bucket

In Planner, show a total task count per bucket. You do this today for completed tasks, would be nice to see a task count for tasks that aren't completed. Today, we have to manually count the number of tasks in each bucket.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Teams Sign-in page can go blank if there is an issue with Internet Explorer and took me a while to fix, however when you close Teams you get

Teams Sign-in page can go blank if there is an issue with Internet Explorer and took me a while to fix, however when you close Teams you get an alternative sign-in page that always works. This alternative sign-in page doesn't show if you are trying to register your office 365 product however, and I would suggest this is implemented because when I had this issue I couldn't register some of my business's office 365 products until I finally found a long workaround of uninstalling IE11 and reinstalling IE10. Details of the issue and solution here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeaccount-msowin10-mso_o365b/blank-white-login-screen-for-any-microsoft-login/94c2d6e8-9570-47eb-aeff-a1eba96521f7?tm=1575028086955&rtAction=1576142573347&page=2 many others…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Send a notification when an inbox rule is created. Helps prevent fraud and abuse

Create an automated message when an inbox rule is created. This would address adverse situation when someone who steals password sets up rules to prevent user from seeing certain emails. Our organization has been affected by this practice a couple of times and there is no easy way to find out about it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Urgent upgrade need for Onedrive Clients

Onedrive for Win10 Office2016 for business customers are not working !
    onedrive for business mac is not working !
    Onedrive for business Phone/Ipad is not working !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Managing contacts added to the contact group (distribution list) in the shared mailbox in Outlook on the web

Could you enable a user to edit contacts added to the contact group created by other users in Outlook client and Outlook on the web? Also, it would be great if it is possible that a user can manage contacts added to the contact group which he and/or another user has created in Outlook on the web, because at this moment, Outlook on the web doesn’t allow him to manage those contacts including editing, creating and/or deleting the group.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix the EAC!! your response is pathetic at best.

MS support response "EAC is at points “buggy” and the fix for it would be to use Powershell

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring back the Save Work Space Feature in Excel

Excel 2016 no longer has View/Save Workspace. Please bring this back. Without it,productivity is severely compromised. Please don't tell me to write a marco. This is not an effective solution. Bring back this valuable feature. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding an existing Office Group to a new MS Team issue

When a new MS Team is created and you add that team to an existing Office Group. I would expect to see all the files from the Group in the New team, rather that the Team creating a General folder. and all you see in Team files is everything under the General folder and nothing above that level. surely whole point of adding an existing Group to a team is to be able to see all files from within the Team.
    Its a shame you have to go to "Open in sharepoint" and then go up a level above the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change the Hebrew word on the 365 splash screen from להתחבר to תתקשר. Much better translation.

Change the Hebrew word on the 365 splash screen from להתחבר to תתקשר. Much better translation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable Buildout of a Public Website within 90 days.

We recently started a business and registered the domain through Office 365 due to its supposed "business friendly" nature. However, when trying to launch a public facing website, we were informed by customer support that this cannot happen within 90 days of purchase -- until the domain can be effectively transferred. Now our company is forced to either pay for another domain at a separate, different domain address than desired, or to forgo public web presence for 90 days until eligible for transfer under Microsoft rules. Does this seem user-friendly for young companies? Certainly not. Microsoft should enable the build…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow customization of the message sent on an encrypted email (company branding)

Would like to make the message that a client gets when we encrypt an email not look so 'spammy' or 'phishy' by customizing the verbiage and putting our company logo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In One Drive app, if an user can scan and add a document in already saved pdf file in a folder later on, that would help to organize!

In One Drive app, if an user can scan and add a document in already saved pdf file in a folder later on, that would help to organize!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better overview of permissions set to (sub)folders in Outlook

If I want to see what permissons I have given to folders and subfolders of my Inbox, I have to open them one by one.
    I would like to see a quick overview in an complete outline.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Outlook premium & Office 365 - Charging Twice

I have Outllook premium subscription from July 4, 2012

And i subscribed Office 365 Personal on August 8, 2017

And i got renewal notification for Outlook Premium which i renewed October 5, 2017

August 9, 2018 Office 365 Personal renewed again

October 5, 2018 Outllook Premium renewed again

August 8, 2019 Office 365 Personal renewed again

Outlook Premium Expired on 9/5/2019 - Getting renewal notice from microsoft

Now Isn't Outlook premium coming with Office 365 Personal?

Shouldn't Microsoft have informed me you already have this feature instead of sending me renewal notice?
    Why have Microsoft Charged me twice for a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base