Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow ‘Insert online video’ For MAC users

Please add this function it simply isn’t there for Mac users on word 365. I was told is was when I signed up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update your help documentation to clarify a Skype for Business user can't share desktop with Skype user.

I spent a lot of time trying to get this to work and read a lot of MS support pages. None of them made it clear that it does not work at the moment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide a way to test if O365 environment is TLS1.2 ready

To prepare for the upcoming change in O365 to remove the support of TLS 1.0 and TLS1.1 it should be possible to check if the on-Premise infrastructure is ready for this step, meaning that AAD Connect, AD FS proxy and other Hybrid components can communicate with TLS 1.2.

The solution should be integrated in the portal and give a warning if required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Is it possible to change/add the below to the "People" app in O365: Work phone field becomes Extn. field Add Direct Line number field

Is it possible to change/add the below to the "people" app in O365:
    Work phone field becomes Extn. field
    Add Direct Line number field i.e. +35316149136
    Add mobile phone number field i.e. +353877818888

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include field for 'Admin Support' person in a contact to be automatically cc'd

As an Executive Assistant I know how imperative it is to be cc'd on all emails to my executive. It would be most beneficial to have a field under email address in a contact to include their Administrative Support person and a radio button that one could click to cc that person on all emails to the contact. That way it could be turned on/off. This feature would help tremendously because it would keep the executive and admin details together and ensure that no correspondence is missed by the assistant. ;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to whitelist senders from your sending limitations.

In the last few months, several of our users have had their accounts blocked for sending reminders for a webinar, or price change notifications... they have been able to send these emails to 300+ recipients in the past, but are now being blocked. It would be nice if we could whitelist senders in our tenant the same way we can whitelist incoming addresses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MS Access web apps should be able to send email blasts

I created a MS Access Web App. There are email addresses in the database & I want to be able to do email blasts, but you don't support that?!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a Universal inbox option to Outlook for Windows like ALL the other email apps out there for mac and others

Outlook 365 / 2019 / 2016 etc... Why not add a universal inbox option like the ability to add this as a favorite even - one that consolidates multiple inboxes much like Outlook for mac or mail on the mac or many other top rated email apps out there? This has been a much desired feature in Outlook for Windows for a LONG time now and nothing much has changed in it not being added.. seems odd to me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Retrieving a unique value of the user who was granted a permission when running Get-MailboxFolderPermission cmdlet

I would like to get the user information result of the calendar authorization with unique values such as mail addresses or Names when running MailboxFolderPermission cmdlet. Currently, the cmdlet provides the information as a display name, and it is difficult to identify a specific user when viewing several same display names.

It would be great if I could see the result as a unique value so that I could identify the user instantly.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. create new plan based on 365 business add 5gb mailbox remove some features

Create a new plan based on 365 business add 5 gb mailbox and remove access app and can even remove onedrive, only 1 pc and no web apps - call it office 365 business essentials

doing a 5 year cost comparison (5 year refresh cycle)
    - office 365 business (email not included) - £474.00
    - office 365 business premium (email included) - £564.00
    - exchange online - £180.00
    - one off cost - £249.00

My finance team have run the numbers and ask me why buy office 365 premium for £564 when I can buy exchange online and one off…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Agregar una cuenta de GSuite en el cliente de Microsoft Outlook para Mac

Que se pueda agregar una cuenta de GSuite en el cliente de Microsoft Outlook para Mac, ya que por el momento no es compatible y se aprovecharía más la aplicación.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable 365 Ribbon custom helpdesk support for multiple support desks.

We are international company and we have multiple IT helpdesks. It would be useful if we could have a helpdesk based on user location/branch. the help button customized in 365 for internal helpdesk is very useful, just needs more features.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. translate the automatic messages (sharing calendar) into the user language.

For example someone shares his calendar with me. He is French. The text come to me in French and the button to accept it is in English.

How can I accept something if i do not know what is about?

Because it is an automatic message it should be possible to match it to the according language for the recipient.

It should be easy to implement and very useful!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am not a fan of the bookmark feature in Word 2013 and resent having to wait for it every time I open a document.

I am not a fan of the bookmark feature in Word 2013 and resent having to wait for it every time I open a document. Is there any way to get rid of it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Best RC Nitro Engines For Sale – RB Innovations

Are you looking for best RC nitro or gas engines for sale online for your RC cars? Well, RB Innovations are the leading RC parts supplier and offers a quality range of petrol engines, glow engines and rc nitro engines for your radio controlled cars at best market price. Visit @ https://rbinnovations.com/collections/super-chargers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Chromebook Opening files (Word, Excel) from Google Drive (it is not working!!!)

Chromebook Opening files (Word, Excel) from Google Drive (it is not working!!!)

when folks email me word or xls files I am unable to open them in MS office 365. When I go and look for the files I saved to Google Drive, my folders and content on Google drive is NOT visible.... Office 365 is basically useless to me. Can you pls get this fixed ASAP?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Classic sharepoint view is better then modern view. T

1. I can search for items in a choice column in classic view using a letter on my key board. 2. in Modern list view I get the content type show up in the new item form unless I turn off management of content types. The Yes/No slider looks unprofessional and is easily missed by data entry folks. Classic view response quicker and renders better in low bandwidth situations. The list goes on and on....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the feature to grant a permission to view a specific calendar but not to display its items in Exchange Online

I would like you to add the feature to allow users to view a specific calendar but not to allow them to view its calendar items.

Currently, if you set the permission level to None, ”No Reply” message is appeared. It looks like the calendar is not responding and many users get confused if there is something wrong with its network. If you can grant a permission to view a calendar without its calendar items, this sort of issue can be prevented.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base