Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update iOS Visio & Skype apps to SDK 8.0.0 or higher

Update iOS Visio & Skype apps to SDK 8.0.0 or higher so app protection policies can be applied based on the management state of the device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make "Resource"/ "Work" a toggle when attaching items in Teams Assignments

If an assignment consists of accessing a SMART document online, or annotating a PDF, links to those items currently mark them as "resources" rather than "work". This can be confusing for students,, especially when they are trying to figure out exactly what their deliverables are within the assignment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Handle General Issues at Hotmail Customer Service phone Number 1-888-664-3555

Are you facing any trouble while working in Hotmail account? Have you forgotten the password of your account? Reach our technical professionals by dialing Hotmail Customer Service phone Number 1-888-664-3555. We immediately reply to your call in order to provide instant help. If you are bothering for any technical issues then you can get rid of them, as we are 24*7 hr available to assist you technically. For more details visit at: - http://www.email-techsupportnumber.com/hotmail-customer-support/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow delegate to delete a calendar item

Would be good if delegates given access to another users calendar could delete items without having to have full access to the mailbox or adding separate access to the users deleted items folder.

See link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2783247/a-delegate-cannot-change-or-delete-a-calendar-item-by-using-delegate-permissions-in-office-365-dedicated

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow providers other than Telstra to supply calling packs in Australia

Having utilised office365 for numerous years now, the added functionality of calling packs through 365 in Australia from suppliers other than Telstra would enable me the ability to migrate the bulk of our services to the Microsoft platform. As it stands I will be required to look at other services, due to the expense of the Telstra services & the lack of technical knowledge provided by Telstra technicians

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Moving folders in SharePoint is needlessly complicated.

The process you have to go through to move folders in sharepoint is not user friendly in the slightest. You are unable to simply copy the location link of where the folder should go. You can't navigate around the window that pops up when you choose to move a folder. If you choose the wrong one, you have to close the window and open it again. It's a gigantic waste of time. Please make this easier. A drag and drop function would be incredibly helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add identification of outgoing email addresses at a glance in Sent Items folder of Outlook

I'm using Outlook on a Desktop PC running Windows 10. Sometimes, for example when diagnosing why a recipient did not get an email address, it is necessary to identify the exact recipient email address that was used in sending the original email. In the Sent Items folder, there does not appear to be an easy way to do this. This is especially cumbersome for recipients who have multiple email addresses. You can hover over the recipients name, click the down arrow to "open contact card" but the resulting contact card doesn't even distinguish which email address was used. Why not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please fix word for iPad so it types addresses in single spacing. I feel sure this is a bug for the last update

Please fix word for iPad. Since just over a week ago it is not typing addresses for letters in single spacing. Nothing I can do will alter this. I've looked at everything. It can make it bigger but keeps the addresses in double spacing no matter what. I use the basic word app for iPad.
    It is also not saving documents,
    This app worked brilliantly for the last four years for me. I've used it for basic letter writing and can't even do that now. I feel sure the last update had a bug attached to ruin address writing for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Message Trace time interval adjustment

In the Exchange admin center, we can use Message Trace function in the "mail flow" section.
    The time interval of is possible to be set every 30 minutes.
    But it will be more efficient function for Admin User that the time interval is possible to be set every 1 minute.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Simplify billing by combining User/License

It makes little sense for a small business (fewer than 25 employees) to have licenses be a separate thing from users. For all intents and purposes, a user account is the same thing as a license. When a small business like mine needs to add a user, we add a user. When we need to delete one, we delete it. Why would licenses be a separate feature? Why on earth would anyone want to have extra licenses not associated with a user account, that they still have to pay for? I understand this is for MSFT benefit (if I am…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When new email is select add drop down selection from template as an option.

Add new drop down feature to "New email" so when selected it would allow users to select predefined templates.
    Or add something in the Options/ Mail/ Compose Messages section to allow users to automatically set a default line spacing for new messages, as well as emails forwarded or replied to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow to uniquely identify/filter/relate Submissions in the Security and Compliance Center

Time must be invested from the administrator side to appropriately be able to track the impact of the false positive submissions. Every submission will have to be manually tracked through the UI to follow it until resolution as well as steps to relate it to previous submissions and find all submissions associated to a single SHA, threat or to a specific internet message ID as these filters are not available in the UI nor a capability to relate several submissions to the same detection method. It will also not show how many false positives were incorrectly detected in the past.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tasks of the Outlook in To-Do Mobile APP

Emails placed as tasks in Outlook should also appear in the To-Do mobile application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Group or link similar/same ideas in the uservoice forums

Many times the same or very similar idea is being posted multiple times. This dilutes votes. A moderator should be grouping/linking items but would be even better with an option for the forum users to suggest items for grouping. This needs to be across groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make users with eDiscovery manager permissions able to signin into Microsoft 365 admin center

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    電子情報開示管理者の権限ユーザーを、Microsoft 365 管理センターにサインイン出来るようにする
    Make users with eDiscovery manager permissions able to signin into Microsoft 365 admin center

■Description(内容):
    電子情報開示管理者の権限を付与したユーザーに対し、Microsoft 365 管理センターにサインインを可能にする機能の実装を要望します。
    I hope that a change can be implemented to make users with eDiscovery manager permissions able to signin into Microsoft 365 admin center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow for custom header/footer & editing/format locking in word for mac.

Allow for custom header/footer (SAVING one) & editing/format LOCKING in Word for MAC. These features are available in the Windows version but not the Mac. Thats just silly and makes me running my business ridiculously harder for report header and footer continuity, especially when they are created by other employees.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Eliminate the inbox when turning the iPhone 6+ horizontally.

The inbox takes up half of the screen when trying to read an email with the iPhone 6+ horizontally. That makes the email harder to read than in the vertical position. No other app works like that. Turning the phone horizontally normally makes what you are watching easier to see.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide more information when comes to domains. For example making clear that it would take 60 DAYS for the domain to be transfer.

I was on the phone for three days straight. Wasted about 6 hours of my time trying to solve the issue of transferring my domain, just so they could inform me that I have to wait 60 more days! For instance if this information would of been noted in the beginning I personally would not have wasted all my time buying a domain at Office 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sharing Part of your document

If possible to enable sharing part of a word document in onedrive with specific rights to view lines or paragraph

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)