Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My case number 10771613 that notes several failures of my Onedrive Application, where after an Microsoft update, I lose the synching funtion

Please see reference to my case number 10771613,
    This references multiple loses of my Onedrive app and synching functionality after a Microsoft update occurs. It takes an hour or more after each loss to update files.
    Is this an issue Microsoft is working on.
    this happens to two PCs in my office.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recover recently deleted items does not work when there are calendar and other not email items present

I accidentally delete my inbox by accident tonight and ran into a lot of bugs in Outlook trying to recover my inbox from my deleted folder
    1) Sorting Delete Items folder by date/time deleted was a very hard and multiple step process --- it should be easy.
    2) Recovering recently moved/deleted items failed on me I think because I had some draft calendar appointments and other items that hung up the process and I almost LOST EVERYTHING but outlook didn't tell me why.
    3) When I instead tried to move the items by copy and paste or drag and drop…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove or Ignore accountEnabled attribute in AAD Connect

We have a situation where we need to disable Sign-In for a group of accounts that need to remain Enabled in on prem AD. The aacountEnabled attribute on the user account will enable sign-in on the Azure AD account if the AD account is enabled.

If you remove the attribute from the Metaverse it will remove the Azure AD account completely. There seems to be no other way to ignore the state of the accountEnabled attribute.

Therefor the users that require Sign-In disabled must be excluded from AAD Sync.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow me to change my branding easily for my bookings page

My business changed its name. I have updated everything I can find in O365 to change the business name, but the bookings page is still using the old business name, and support tells me there is no way to change this easily. Very frustrating

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auditing of Storage Quota setting (Manual/Automatic) in SharePoint Online

Please set up auditing of Storage Quota setting (Manual/Automatic) in SharePoint Online. Currently it's impossible to track who changed the setting from manual to automatic, which automatically changes storage quota for all sites to default 25 TB. In enterprise organization this can cause quite a mess.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ***** vs. assess

I almost wrote in a formal business letter when I meant to write assess. What the , Microsoft Word? Not gonna get my back on that one? No blue underline to notify me that I used "****" as a verb? That's easy to detect. Fine. I see how it is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Power BI : Reporting evolution

About Power BI repoting, we would like to be able to select a custom period of reporting (for instance last 14 days). We also want to add a column with the user’s login (for instance : xxxxxx@***.com). The user name column contains the user’s email which is less convenient than the login.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow recipient limit per email over 1000

We've been able to email to over 1000 in the past per message but was cutover in an attempt this week. The user account got suspended and it cut off the recipients after 1200. MS ticket number for this is 19122742

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Shared with me" in Onedrive.

My concern is about "shared with me" section in onedrive. I also had open ticket#30126-6526993 with MS support but they informed that this is by design. Whenever someone tries to modify the file which is shared, it gets modified but doesn't show correct modified time and the person who modified it if we check the file in "shared with me".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the modern OWA ("new Outlook") we have found that we cannot preview or download PDF attachments from messages in a Shared Mailbox.

In the modern OWA ("new Outlook") we have found that we cannot preview or download PDF attachments from messages in a Shared Mailbox. When trying to download the attachment in Chrome we get an error "You don't have permission to open this mailbox."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add color to separate different parts of the Outlook desktop user interface.

The current user interface is so cluttered and unfriendly. Everything is on a white background with only very thin lines separating email titles from recipients and the body of the main email. The bank I work for recently moved across to 365 from an older version of office and one of the main topics on our workplace group comes from people worried that something has gone wrong during the upgrade because everything is is in basic view and hard to separate/read. Please don't remove options in order to make the current UI work, nobody wants less options, what we want…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Office365 WebOutlook new look

I can say that I love the new WebOutlook look, the best thing for us is the fact that you can see attachments without opening the email itself. However I can also see where Microsoft went wrong. When composing a new email, the option to attache documents from a sharepoint library is gone. I don't quite get it....keeping in mind that Microsoft pushes for could solutions, who is going to use this version of Outlook if you can't attache documents from the cloud?
    After opening a case and discussing further about this, Microsoft told me that this was done by…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OUTLOOK APP Change default name

OUTLOOK APP Change default name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Don't override before and after paragraph spacing

The updated version of Word removes the ability to not use HTML paragraph spacing. As a consequence, if one sets the before spacing to 10 points and the after spacing to 5 points for a heading while the previous paragraph is set to 0 before/15 after, the spacing before is not set to 25 points, it's set to some undetermined spacing. This means that the "rhythm" of the text is thrown off and the lines on adjoining columns aren't in line. I recognize that Word isn't InDesign but paragraph and line spacing should match the choices one makes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix Trial Bug that started in the New Year

Since the start of the year I get a warning every time I sign into the Office portal that our trial is about to expire. The problem is our trial expired in February of last year and we license our Office 365 through CDW. I contacted Microsoft Support about this and they said it was probably just a bug and directed me to give feedback. This is a minor issue but if you can take a look it would be appreciated, it is annoying having that warning come up all the time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Focused vs Other Inbox - Allow different views and sorting for each

Allow different views and sorting for the Focused Inbox vs the Other Inbox.

Currently, whatever you set for one, causes the other to change.

Clutter allowed you to sort/view differently but we lost this when you changed to Other Inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Turn back on the ability to copy or move messages to a Shared Mailbox Folder

We used to be able to move a copy of an email from our inbox to a folder in a Shared Mailbox for purchasing archive purposes. This feature stopped working 1/19/18.

This was quite handy in our business and we want the feature back!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cant send emails with Outlook on Desktop (receive OK)

Outlook send/receive continually asks me for my Password, but only for the Outgoing server. Spent a lot of my precious time trying to fix this today but to no avail. Problem seems to be random in that it comes and goes. 3 times this year and nothing seems to help. Then the problem just magically resolves itself. Definitely a problem with Outlook, not my ISP. Portal emails work fine, as does my phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Highlighted content: Direct the link to "all news" instead of "site pages", when content type is news.

Why does the redirect link on the items in highlighted content lead to the site pages?

This is especially confusing for the users when content type is news and the site pages is not even just showing news!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base