Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. publisher to recognize window themes

Many of the other office products (word, ppt, xls) use theme files from the user's C: drive theme folder. Can publisher reference the same?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding a download control feature to Outlook for iOS and Android

I would like you to add the feature that controls attachment download to Outlook for iOS and Android. Currently, OWA for iOS and Android has the control feature to download attachments, but Outlook for iOS and Android doesn’t.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Certificate based Authentication for endpoint PC's

With Modern Auth enabled and using a third party provider, my users shouldn't have to log in every time their password changes.Transparent certificate based auth exists for mobile phones not using the outlook app, but everything else requires some sort of authentication.

It gets more frustrating when its every single application that prompts for new credentials, not just 1 app and pass those creds to the others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a simple "Make a Rule" button that operates like recording a macro. Example: click button, move item to folder, dialog asks if finish

Create a simple "Make a Rule" button that operates like recording a macro. Example: click button, move item to folder, dialog asks to confirm parameters, if finished or to record another action, select exceptions, etc. Once clicking finished, it asks to name/save/execute it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add smart lookup to Microsoft Publisher

Simply introduce the same "Smart Lookup" functionality found in Word to Publisher

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve the Accessibility Checker in your Office Suite software programs

I would like to suggest that the Accessibility Checker be improved by allowing the Accessibility Checker to identify font sizes less than the recommended accessible font size 12. Also, it would be great if the Accessibility Checker could distinguish that the recommended accessible sans serif font is not being used in each document. Do you think your progammer's can add this? I will be happy to be in on any beta tests as I work for a community college, and I am the Coordinator of Accessibility.
    Thank you,
    Lora Duvall

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. dynamically change the size of the sharepoint drive up to the maximum (1Tb) to suit the user's needs.

Having spent the last 2 hours with the Support Team finding out why we were unable to save files and were receiving an error message saying the drive was full, I was not happy to find out that MS had artificially capped our Sharepoint storage at approx 5Gb even though we have 1Tb allowance.
    I assume MS do not allocate the full 1Tb to every user as this would require them to have significant extra storage, most of which would be unused, but I see no reason why the limit could not be dynamically adjusted up to the maximum 1Tb…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Video channels do not appear in the "Channel" page

Video channels do not appear in the "Channel" page sometimes and I do not think it is proper behavior. Besides, once the issue happens, I have to edit there channel settings to solve it. I do not think the workaround is practical. I strongly need more convenient solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. improvement of the syntheses of the document and storage

Dear Microsoft Inc,

I suggest these instructions for your products:

1°. A complete page for the document in order to give information (abstract, concepts, topical theme) for explaining the content of Excel, Word, Power Point document. This page shoud be read outside the environment of the document, for example, when one clicks the name of the archive.

2°. When one cuts a paragraph (or number) to have three sequential storage data, in order to select from the three memories one of them.

Best regards,

Dr. Javier Alejandro Díaz Ponce

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make Creating A New User Free

I can buy a domain for $12/year. Google Apps will allow me to create 10 free accounts under this domain. That gives me 10 email boxes, 10 drives, 10 places for notes, 10 task lists, etc.

This is somewhat available with Office 365 Groups, but this service needs some polishing.

Drag and drop between email accounts/Office 365 Groups on mobile would be a game changer.

Creating domains and online services is very cheap now. Proliferating these and helping people mange these will be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dial menus in Onenote and throughout windows

In Onenote 2016 you could use a dial menu for drawing inserting files changing thickness and colors. You could use with your finger or pen (maybe mouse). I'd like to see it in the new Onenote and other things because of how efficient it was for a menu, it really helped to take notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Word - Stay at current page when changing view

When I open a document in Word, scroll to some page and then change view, e.g. to the read mode, the document scrolls back to the beginning, which is awfully inconvenient. Could Word stay at current page when changing view mode?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Outlook no longer supports third party connectors

Why did you remove support for third party connectors? This completely screws up everyone who is using non-Exchange groupware. This is a CRITICAL BUG.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable immediate transmission of emails with cached Exchange mode activated and Outlook not open

With cached Exchange mode activated messages or files sent as emails aren't actually sent until Outlook is actually opened.

If the user doesn't know this they often think that the message is sent but in reality has not - it simply waits in the Outbox waiting for Outlook to be started whence the message will be transmitted.
    Both intended receiver and the sender thinks the message is on its way causing delays and confusion.

My suggestion is that the message be sent at once regardless of Outlook running or not even when the cached Exchange mode is activated, or at…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Unable to copy or drag option the Mail Address

In the new outlook365 update we are unable to copy the mail address from the mails previously sent. This is required when we sent a bulk mail and need to copy a lot of people to be copied to new mail when we don't want to forward the old mail.

Also dragging mail address from TO to CC is also banned.

This is some thing which is good and a basic function which we use on a day today basis.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How to fix the issue of unable to send email from AOL email?

Emails are used by people of all age groups, but at times there occur problems in sending emails. This is the commonly encountered hassle but can be fixed by general troubleshooting. Users can contact AOL Email customer support for better information. Or try these –
    1. Check the internet connection on your device
    2. Make sure you are sending email without any errors
    3. Ensure the email address of the receiver is rightly added
    In the same way, problems related to other emails like ATT, XFINITY, and Verizon can be fixed.
    Read More: http://www.email-loginhelp.com/at&t-email-login.php

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide a mechanism for joining selected computers to an Office 365 Cloud Only domain

For small businesses using Office 365 (cloud only domain), it is desirable to have business owned workstations joined to a domain so that group policies may be configured on the workstations. Not every computer connecting to the domain needs to be joined to the domain (someone using their home computer as an example), but for those assets owned by the business, being able to join those computers to the domain for workstation administration purposes would be highly useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Outlook office 365 - evidence on the lower status bar (usually blue) of the lack of connection to the server.

Specifically, it would be useful for the status bar in question to become red (or other color that is not blue as it is in case of regular operation) when the connection to the server is missing and therefore the mails can not be downloaded. Currently the message "Disconnected ..." appears but does not attract attention as the status bar could change color.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base