Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No possibility for changig the standard settings for the excel commentary field

Can you please improve excel in that point, that it is possible to change the seize of the letters or the type of letters of the standard type, so that it is no longer necessary to change every commentary field in a document if wished.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User program install safety reminder.

I am sure many ordinary users would benefit from the safety reminder to DL the for off-line-installer from a limited user account, & then off-line, change to admin account to do the actual install, & always avoid using Admin account for everyday browsing.
    PS:
    . I am installing Ms Ofc 2016 (not 365!) off-line. It is not clear why you have scrambled the feedback for these two services, so I will make something up for the apparently required but non-existent 'Office 365 email address'.
    . The [Enter your idea] field should have a 'remaining character count', as should this [description]…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Office 365 server information to the support documents

If you wish to setup your Office 365 account with Outlook in IMAP configuration, the troubleshooting documents do not include Office 365's SMTP server and IMAP connection server.

For example, this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2758902/how-to-set-up-an-internet-email-account-in-outlook-2013-or-2016

It does not list server information for manually setting up Office 365 accounts in Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In outlook email, when u r replying to a response, u shud be able to link ref. to 1 specific item in thread. Pls Make this option available

In outlook email, when u r replying to a response, u shud be able to link ref. to 1 specific item in thread. Pls Make this option available
    I am writing an email in response to an email thread. I want to refer to a specific item in the email thread. Currently, outlook does not provide you linking option that could lead you directly to specific "selected text/item". I think it is important and routine use option. I suggest to MS Outlook that there should be an option to link new email text to a "particular item table or text…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OWA rules apply to ics calendar invites

Currently any external email with an attached .ics calendar invite automatically adds the invite as an event to the users calendar. This is resulting in unwanted event notifications and filling users calendars until the user manually deletes unwanted events.

It is not possible to use rules to prevent creation of calendar events. Even a rule to send the message to the trash only deletes the message, and the event remains in the calendar.

Users should have the ability to use rules to selectively create calendar events from invites and the ability to ignore invites based on user-defined conditions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How to reach at Microsoft customer support team

While Microsoft help telephone amount there are three transfers up to ways to deal with associate with them. The additional most extreme perfect technique to speak with their shopper support association, as showed with the guide of other Microsoft customers, is through helpful Microsoft support number 1-844-728-4045 about your trouble above and giving us a risk to discover somebody to rouse you. For more data visit us:- https://www.microsoft-helpline-numbers.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a Distribution Group not an O365 Group

Who had the bright idea of changing the creation of an Exchange Distribution Group?

I'm now offered 4 choices

1. O365 Group (got it - get it - I use them where appropriate)

2. Distribution Group (a traditional Exchange one)

3. Security Group

4. Dynamic Distribution Group.

Only when you click on 2. It offers an O365 group - not an Exchange one. You then have to make an extra step within the window on the third line to turn it back to an Exchange group. What a misleading waste of time and clicks.

Please put it back the way it WAS. When I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Outlook Mac 2016 randomly changes my calendar to UTC time

When I add appointments to my calendar, no meeting invite, Outlook client randomly changes the appointment time to UTC when all of my settings are Eastern Time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Login optimization

Gsuite has a feature that once you have logged in with multiple accounts you can select the account you would like to use without having to login again. However if you want to login on office you will have to enter your information all over again. Basically a quick login for your computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. O365 Calendar - Change time on accepted invite

I would like to have the ability to change the time on a calendar invite I have accepted from someone else.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cursor defaults to location when adding invitee to calendar invitation

When you click on the Invite Attendees button in a calendar appointment the cursor automatically defaults to "location", not to "To". Why do that? If you want to invite someone then the first thing you do will be to type in the name of the invitee, not the location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Xbox one idea

Being able to transfer microsoft money off one profile to another profile of yours on the xbox one

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I'm premium user of Office 365, having corporate account within. There is no option to recall the mail in that. Need to implement the same.

While you wish to recall the sent mail, you have options in Outlook Client. Same option must be available in Office 365. Need to incorporate ASAP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Alert user when they're saving to a temporary file

One of our users was recently editing an excel document and opened it from a .zip file. She unknowingly saved it to the .temp file that the .zip file had created while she was editing it, and she thought that she was diligently saving it to the original file. It might be helpful to have a pop up that alerts the user that they're editing/saving a file in a location that is not permanent

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't route automatic replies through the high risk delivery pool

Please don't treat automatic replies as "low quality" and route them accordingly, as it stands automatic replies are routinely marked as junk by many other enterprise email solutions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow standalone add-ons to be connected to an existing subscription

It will be good that standalone add-ons to be connected to an existing subscription, so that they have the same expiration date and be invoiced in the same invoice. For example Audion conference add-on to be connected with Business Premium.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable furigana-style phonetic guides for all languages

I use the phonetic guide functionality to add pronunciation guides above words when I'm writing in a language I don't know very well. These languages are not always 'East Asian' and by switching it on I inadvertently add/remove many formatting options in the toolbar which is annoying.

Can you please separate out the phonetic guide functionality and have it optionally enabled without having to switch the language settings ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base