Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook web app text editing

Fix text editing bugs please! Another example: I just accepted a correction from spell check and the line spacing of the paragraph the correction was in changed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sorting, sortorder different in webmail. When you shall attatch a file the sortorder is different then it is when you are in Onedrive

Sorting, sortorder different in webmail. When you shall attatch a file the sortorder is different then it is when you are in Onedrive this is rather confusing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. OUTLOOK cant search for Email in Office 365

In the Normal Office and even HOTMAIL, I can search Emails for Subject, User. In office 365 - Outlook this Option is not available. It only allows to search for email address (As if I know that at the time :( . )

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow new Microsoft Teams user to have older meetings automatically sent to them

Allow new Microsoft Teams user to have older meetings automatically sent to them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove CC and other Emails from a support email address

We have a ticketing system and have other programs integrating to it. What I would like to see is the ability to strip off cc's or other email in the to field. The reason is the support email should be the only email address that enters our ticketing system and it would be great if I can create a rule to remove other emails or send a message stating "If sending email to support@xxxxx.com remove all other emails before creating a new ticket" or something like that. Would this be possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. exchange in office 365 or associated app to convert pdf to xps

exchange in office 365 or associated app to convert pdf to xps:

As a Microsoft house, with our SOE, we always get different pdf files of different versions from externals, what would help our SOE and keep our Quality levels would be if all incoming pdf files could be converted to xps, Microsoft when can you make this happen...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please allow metric temperatures displayed on outlook

Hi, it would be good for the daily weather widget on Outlook to display the temperature in Celsius, rather than Fahrenheit. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow email to ALL addresses within a contact when clicking the main email button, and one address when clicking envelope icon next to addy

A contact in Outlook for MAC and Windows allows for multiple email addresses. When i click the main Email button within that contact in Mac, it should create an email with all the email addresses in that contact, like it did in previous windows versions. If i want to only email to a specific email addresses in a contact then i should be able to just click the envelope icon next to that address. It seems logical but alas there is no way to email all emails addresses saved within a contact without creating a contact group in Outlook for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop word crashing when editing documents in track changes

Word (office365) crashes every couple of hours when working on a document with lots of edits - through track changes.

While I'm not loosing a whole bunch of work (typically the last handful of edits), its pretty frustrating to work out what has been lost and deal with all documents reopening in recovery/work out what work has been lost in these as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. folders

When searching for emails related to “messages in this conversation”. Search results display “in folder” but not location provided so can be difficult to find. Location of folder must be provided (eg either hover over to reveal or listed in properties).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to have larger fonts on presenter view page of PowerPoint

I love using the presenter view capabilities of PowerPoint. Many of my friends also love it. We do wish that the slide count numbers and the clock numbers were larger or have the option of making them larger. When doing a presentation my laptop is not always right at eye level and it is difficult or impossible to see the numbers. I really like to see the slide number and clock as it greatly helps me stay one track for time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Word 2016

Hello Microsoft,
    Can you please consider making the mail merge feature more friendly in Word so that users can submit mail merges from a different mailbox than their own? It would be nice if they could "send as" another mailbox that they have access to. We've setup separate accounts for users to do this in the past, but this is frustrating as it requires sharing a password for a common mailbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to check the Exchange Admin Center for the maximum item size that can be posted in public folders.

I want to check the Exchange Admin Center for the maximum item size that can be posted in public folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MacOS sefl-assigned Keyboard shortcuts not working anymore

For many years, I've assigned my own keyboards shortcuts to Microsoft PowerPoint. (Note: this is a built-in feature in Mac OS, not a 3rd party solution).
    Since the latest upgrade to PowerPoint 16.27, these shortcuts stopped working. Nothing else on my system has changed – same MacOS version, same everything.
    This has a huge impact on productivity. (I work as a designer, and shortcuts for "group", "ungroup", "align top" or "distribute horizontally").
    It'd be great if you could investigate on this. On previous PowerPoint upgrades, and also after MacOS system upgrades, this never was a problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Outlook search failure requires reinstallation of Office 365

This is the 2nd time I have encountered this issue with Outlook search. It just stops working. After following all the troubleshooting steps I finally arrive at the point when I have to uninstall and reinstall Office 365 in its entirety. This has happened to 2 other people who are my clients and it eventually caused them to abandon Office altogether after being loyal Office users for decades. This time I was also told that I will need to create a new user profile after the fresh install to ensure that there are no issues across profiles. Uninstalling and reinstalling…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow delegate to confirm resource availability before event is published

When creating an event wherein there is a room resource selected and has a room delegate, the event gets published and the attendees receives the event notification even before the delegate approves/declines the request. What if the room is declined? Again, the organizer has to edit the event and resends it.. the cycle repeats. It would be better if the event is not published while waiting for the approval of the delegate. Is there a way to achieve this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow custom times to be entered on outlook online

Allow custom times to be entered on outlook online. Currently, only every half an hour can be selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop selling defective Office365 until you fix printing problem

08:48 AM 8-4-18—live chat
    What's up!? My name is Dallon, and I'll be helping you out today :)
    Dallon H, 08:48 AM
    Case 1432795366--why is my Office 365 still not fixed?
    08:49 AM
    Let me look at your case real quick :)
    Dallon H, 08:49 AM
    Looks like you were waiting for an update, yeah?
    Dallon H, 08:52 AM
    yes, why can't you guys fix the printing problem right NOW?
    08:52 AM
    I understand this is super frustrating Melvin, give me a few minutes to look into it further since I want to make sure I fully understand the situation …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix the 2+ year old issue with Outlook mis-rendering nested IMAP folder emails.

Office 365 Ticket #30126-6973600

Ongoing issue (with associated forum posts) where Outlook for Mac doesn't properly render messages that are in nested folders of certain IMAP accounts. This issue makes the product unusable in our business and we will be moving away from it if this long-standing issue can't be corrected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve opt-out content at the bottom of promotional emails

In the opt-out content at the bottom of promotional emails, there is a line with a link -
    If you would prefer not to receive future promotional emails from Microsoft Corporation please click here.

The link took me to a page that said "No Newsletters or Subscriptions were found for this email address". So the actual meaning and intended purpose of the link is incorrect.

The next link for contact preferences is what should actually be used to set promotional email options.

But one thing about that form... for accessibility, the select-all option must be moved to the top.

The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories