Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Bring back the barcode in Word 2016

I use the barcode for book info sheets and it's far easier for a buyer to scan the barcode rather than having to type out the ISBN. I'm not sure why it was discontinued but it would be great if it could be reinstated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Responsive UI Design for Project Online

The existing Project Online view and wording in certain mobile device (i.e. iPhone 6) very small and hard to read by users. We hope that Project Online able to support in various mobile device views and apply the Responsive UI Design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Onedrive with share information

I would Onedrive add new feature in Onedrive application is "share" which easy to manage what I shared; share with me and stop sharing.

Moreover, stop sharing now only work with ONLY ONE folder. I would suggest this feature can apply multi folders.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
    Hoang

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display on second screen in RDS

Hello,
    We work on RDS 2008 R2 with Office 20016.
    When i trie to move the window office application(Word,Excel...) on the second screen. The window is not displayed or partially and we can read or use the application. This issue appear after the rollup update 2017-08 (KB 4034664). The problem in this case, i can't unistall this update. If somebody's know the same issue and that can help me to resolve this issue.
    In advance thank you very much.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Outlook Add Contact needs to open Contact window

When we right click on email address to add contact, please have it open a full contact window like 2010. It is too difficult to add info on limited window we now have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Chinese mobile phone numbers and Chinese home phone numbers to sensitive data type.

Add Chinese mobile phone numbers and Chinese home phone numbers to sensitive data type.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore a mailbox to specific point in time

Had a user delete emails contained in a folder, not the folder itself. He had over 6,000 emails in that folder. Now he has to sort thru all his deleted items and restore a few at a time.... We were using an email product, that as an admin, I could restore a users email to a specific point in time... Microsoft having the admin's hands tied, is getting very frustrating not only for the admin but the user's as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. change Tools->Word Count to not count words in footnotes.

I use Word Count to estimate timing when writing speeches. I have always used footnotes in these speeches, and need to continue to do so. In previous versions I could select text in the body of a Word document and make an estimate. But it now includes the words in the footnotes. It is impractical to create or keep current a second copy of the speech without the footnotes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove Duplicate Outlook Content

Having duplicate PST content in Outlook Application interrupt us various time. So we should know about manual process to find and remove duplicate pst files from Outlook Inbox, Draft, and other folders. Follow the steps to remove duplicate pst files:

1. Open Outlook mailbox and select specific folder from where users want to remove duplicate Outlook items.

2. Now, select view menu, and move to the current view and then, change the folder view type according to user’s requirement.

3. Click Right on column heading and after this click on Field chooser option.

4. Select all mail fields from field…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. HP printer driver installation problem

The issue we are addressing here is when there is a problem installing the HP printer driver, bringing about errors like "fatal error during installation", or "driver fatal install". Further errors can contain error codes, version mismatches, or file names. Use these following steps to diminish the installation problem.
    Step 1: Restart your computer.
    Step 2: Check if the Printer Spooler Service is running or not.
    • If the spooler service is not running while trying to install the driver, it may cause installation problems.
    • Search view local services on Windows, then click View local services.
    • Find the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cloud App Security Site - Allow mass download configuration to specify where the data is downloaded from

Allow mass download configuration to specify where the data is downloaded from, i.e. to exclude OneDrive but include SharePoint

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Exchange Server Recovery Tool to help back your data

Dux is the one of the best way to recover Exchange Server Recovery with their tool.

Few Features of Dux EDB to PST tool

✓ Recover all EDB file with its Emails properties as:- Date & time, To, BCC, Subject, From, CC from.
    ✓ Repair EDB file and Migrate EDB to PST with its Items i.e contact / calendar and appointment.

Free Download - https://www.duxdatarecovery.com/exchange-edb-to-pst.php

Read more - https://weduxdatarecovery.tumblr.com/post/184936119667/exchange-server-recovery-with-dux-edb-to-pst

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Get a template for Avery Label # 8366

Get a template for Avery Label # 8366

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update Word and get MLA 8th Edition!!!

This has been suggested but apparently ignored. Update Word to include MLA 8th edition formatting. It's been out long enough this should have been done awhile ago. There is no point having the referencing tab if you aren't going to keep it updated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix bug in spelling and grammar checking in Office client software

In Office client software, there is a bug that keeps both Office and Outlook for checking spelling and grammer. Somehow a property gets set that makes the software think that a word or phrase was already reviewed and the user approved the inaccurate spelling. This can be see in Word proofing options when two boxes are checked telling Outlook to ignore errors. The same happens in Outlook, but I can't find similar boxes, so not sure how the property gets check. In Word, it is insufficient to click "recheck" unless those two boxes are first clear. It also does not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the "permissions" button to powerpoint like it is in word and excel.

We use AIP but we need the permission button instead of the AIP ribbon. It is available in word, excel but missing in powerpoint. We use click2run v 1807

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Excel : Filter > search for comma formatted numbers

In the filter dropdown where numbers are formatted in commas, excel should be able to search number ignoring comma. GIF file example is attached in the link, where excel was not able to search comma formatted number. Comma had to be entered manually in search box

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihWfeFqs9IYh3A3C_yXFn6PT9Tb

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. include cascade update in microsoft word, suppose there several copies of the same document saved in different location

usually when working on important documents u have multiple backups, cloud, different directories same machine, thumb drive just to ensure u have at least a recovered copy of the original. But then the challenge is on updating the changes to the other copies. What if there was a feature that when u click save it will update the current versions in all copies, in specified locations. more like select predefined saving locations for a file and it should automatically update all the other copies on a single save click

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Calendar of Thailand Holidays is wrong.

Calendar of Thailand Holidays is wrong.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base