Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OUTLOOK APP Change default name

OUTLOOK APP Change default name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't override before and after paragraph spacing

The updated version of Word removes the ability to not use HTML paragraph spacing. As a consequence, if one sets the before spacing to 10 points and the after spacing to 5 points for a heading while the previous paragraph is set to 0 before/15 after, the spacing before is not set to 25 points, it's set to some undetermined spacing. This means that the "rhythm" of the text is thrown off and the lines on adjoining columns aren't in line. I recognize that Word isn't InDesign but paragraph and line spacing should match the choices one makes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Trial Bug that started in the New Year

Since the start of the year I get a warning every time I sign into the Office portal that our trial is about to expire. The problem is our trial expired in February of last year and we license our Office 365 through CDW. I contacted Microsoft Support about this and they said it was probably just a bug and directed me to give feedback. This is a minor issue but if you can take a look it would be appreciated, it is annoying having that warning come up all the time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Focused vs Other Inbox - Allow different views and sorting for each

Allow different views and sorting for the Focused Inbox vs the Other Inbox.

Currently, whatever you set for one, causes the other to change.

Clutter allowed you to sort/view differently but we lost this when you changed to Other Inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Turn back on the ability to copy or move messages to a Shared Mailbox Folder

We used to be able to move a copy of an email from our inbox to a folder in a Shared Mailbox for purchasing archive purposes. This feature stopped working 1/19/18.

This was quite handy in our business and we want the feature back!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cant send emails with Outlook on Desktop (receive OK)

Outlook send/receive continually asks me for my Password, but only for the Outgoing server. Spent a lot of my precious time trying to fix this today but to no avail. Problem seems to be random in that it comes and goes. 3 times this year and nothing seems to help. Then the problem just magically resolves itself. Definitely a problem with Outlook, not my ISP. Portal emails work fine, as does my phone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Highlighted content: Direct the link to "all news" instead of "site pages", when content type is news.

Why does the redirect link on the items in highlighted content lead to the site pages?

This is especially confusing for the users when content type is news and the site pages is not even just showing news!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Teams Meeting Note - Access to more than 20 people and anyone in meeting to access notes

Access limited to 20 people and no access to wiki notes for added attendees after initial note started... WHY????????? This is what I was told from Support:

•Only people in the same org as the meeting organizer will be able to start or access meeting notes.
    •Meeting notes are available for up to 20 people. If a meeting has more than 20 people, only the first 20 will have access to notes.
    •Only people who are invited to a meeting before notes are created will have access to them. People invited later won't have access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Login MsOffice Account

Office My Account - if you are a existing user login office.com/myaccount, New user can create your office here. Once you account ready you can download and install MS Office in your device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Aunthentication issues iPad and Mac OS

Hello since recent update whenever my Mac is contacted to wifi without internet(eg intranet) any of MS Office will get stuck at start screen and will not start. Can you please fix this bug?

Simiilary on iPad if I connect to wifi without internet my one note keeps asking me sign in again every time I reconnect to wifi with internet. Also continues to suffer from synchronising error.

Please fix this thanks you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug with Excel for Mac

I post this here because redirected here by MS support.
    Excel for MAC does not keep files (.xlsx, .xls) in its recent files list when files are accessed through Google Drive File Stream (GDFS).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable connected experience with shared activation

Enable Connected experience on RDSH hosts with shared activation, currently features like Ideas in Excell and Dictate in MS word is not enabled on shared activation RDSH hosts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New "user friendly" mail configuration (Control Panel)

I appreciate the need to make the user-facing experience for Office very friendly. A few revisions ago, the "new account" dialog in Outlook was made user friendly and very simplified, but harder to use for advanced configuration.

As an IT Admin, I need to make some particular account customizations during setup for my users. The old dialog allowed me to do that in one place, rather than having to move around in the UI. I didn't mind the user friendly new account dialog, as I could still manually add the account with the old dialog through the Mail applet in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. No recall option available in web outlook (chrome)

Recall option should be incorporated for web users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. default notification

Outlook Mobile ignores when calendar appointments are set to no notification and instead uses a default of 15 minutes prior to meeting start. We use this on all day events so it wakes folks up just a few minutes before midnight. It should honor the setting of the appointment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mail Order Marijuana in New Brunswick

At Dispensaries.bz Shop we take this to a higher level, by ensuring a smooth and guided process for packaging and delivering our packages for optimum discretion. Nobody does this better than us in this industry. Now you can buy marijuana online and mail order marijuana products online with maximum privacy.

Visit:
    http://sativa.dispensaries.bz/state/mail-order-marijuana-in-new-brunswick.htm

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Desktop app

In office 365 Education desktop applications are not included. I appreciate Microsoft’s effort to build a boundaryless society but in some countries/regions internet is too slower so they (like me) can’t use it properly and as they needed.

I just request Microsoft to include desktop applications in Educational free version..

Microsoft is the Best

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. enable import of email encryption certs to the cloud so users can send encrypted email outside their org with OWA

Currently, it i impossible to store email encryption PKI certs for external users in cloud Office 365 services. As a result it is not possible to send encrypted email to external recipients using OWA (It is possible with Outlook desltop, but not OWA). Note that Office 365 encryption does not verify the user and is therefore not a secure encryption technology. Please allow the importation of encryption certificates for external users to cloud exchange servers.

Microsoft should be leading the world in making it as easy as possible to exchange encrypted email. One wonders why it is a buried, almost…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. outlook mail sync issue

Hi Dear,
    When you create new outlook profile or mail account, there should be an option to receive mails from spesific day or current day

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base