Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. How to Export Mailbox to PST from Offline EDB

Microsoft Exchange is the most prominent and easily handled server among mid and large sized organizations. This exchange server acts like a centralized system which contains mails, contacts and other data which is required for communication. In EDB file format all the mailbox data will be stored here. All the data can be accessed by the users, until the connection is established with exchange server. Users no longer can access the data once the connection is disconnected from the server until and unless the mailbox file mounted again to exchange server.
    These problems can be avoided if we have offline…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. currently there are no "Delete" option for searchable contacts in OWA

we need this feature in OWA if user want to delete few contacts from 1000+ contacts in ALL contacts list.
    Currently deletion option is nor available by design setting, actually this is very necessary feature in OWA if user who dont use outlook client.
    so please help to perfect this function in OWA and implement it if possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow to send mail with alias

There is a workaround. I'm in contact with an microsoft supporter. He says ... there is a official supportet way, but we where not able to set it up properly yet. It is to create a distribution group, and make then thousand things ...

But, it seems to be a problem, because of the displayed name, which must be different. So if my name is Henry Smith, I have to be Henry Smith1 and Henry Smith2. So what ....?

Why you are not allowing, simply to send mail in the name of an alias? Setup the user, create the new…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make PowerApps Apps available in AppSource

AppSource (https://appsource.microsoft.com/) is a great place for Web Apps and Office 365 add-ins, but there is no option for us to get mobile or PowerApps apps. If AppSource provides a platform for PowerApps apps, or if the PowerApps portal allow users to add PowerApps apps from the AppSource we will have a great platform for companies to make and distribute LOB SaaS PowerApps solutions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow for more folders to be nested in SharePoint Online for use with Excel

If there are too many subfolders in a folder path to a Shared Documents spreadsheet, Excel will ask you to sign in with your Office 365 credentials. After logging in, you get the same log in prompt over and over again. The only way around it is to open files with long folder paths within File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better insight in changes to licensing plans of Office 365

It would be nice to see what the differences are in license plans, for example under "Office 365 A1 for students" there is a new plan "Office Mobile Apps for Office 365". which came into conflict with plan "Office 365 ProPlus" of license "Office 365 ProPlus for students". Because we are using PowerShell scripts to add licenses to our students, we often see that the license plans are changing and all the new plans are automatically enabled by introduction. it would be nice to see what the real differences are of the licensing plans compared to each other.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. create a 'Office 365' icon that is installed with Office

Create an "Office 365" or "Manage Office 365" icon that gets installed with the bundle. For consumers it goes to

HTTP://OFFICE.MICROSOFT.COM/MYACCOUNT

and for business to

HTTPS://PORTAL.MICROSOFTONLINE.COM/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide Better Coaching for New User Implementations

Hi! I wanted to provide you a brief explanation, regarding my recent experience. I was informed by the Purchasing Department, when purchasing my Admin Account, that all I needed to do to enroll each staff member with an exchange account was to create their email address. Once the address was created, the essentials package would be automatically associated to the individual user(s). As of Sunday, I received notification that our account emails were kicking back transcriptions, when emailed by patients, staff members, etc. After 3.5 hours on the phone today with an IT Representative, I was able to determine that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Track Meetings Fix

Fix issue to allow attendees to track meetings the same as the organizer. Works on Microsoft Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.10325.20036) 64-bit,but no longer works on Microsoft Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.9126.2259) 64-bit. So far workaround from O365 support is to roll back to older version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keeping users setteings when upgrading Office version

Microsoft should provide Office products or setting methods that have the compatibility with every customization applied or can maintain user's settings when upgrading the Office to the new version.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. the microsoft agent who is supoosed to be fixing my problem, instead is sending me here to a chatroom because she has no clue

additionally, I am told that a simple replace edit i could do 20 years ago, she cannot figure outr how to do now

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Updates: Too silent, and therefore no idea if process is still busy.

Update install process is actually too silent, leaving the user with no clue as to whether the process is running or not other than potentially trying to launch an application and have the launch fail, indicating that the process hasn't completed.

WOuld be helpful if there was some indication that it is happening....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. See proposed meeting reschedule times on Outlook for iOS

When somebody has proposed a different time for a meeting you should be able to see what time they've proposed.This is already a uservoice on 'outlook.uservoice.com' (8801674) but not even a comment from Microsoft since 2016. Not sure if the behavior on Android is the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. remove unused products easily

I never use Outlook and PowerPoint. I would like to remove them so I don't have to wait for them to update everytime I want to use Excel or Word. An option to re install them later if needed would be good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MS Defender ATP enhancements

Wish list for updates:

I have few wish list from Defender ATP:

1- Detect vulnerabilities with MS and third party software installed – (it only detects OS vulnerabilities). This would really help us to have a single view and reduce cost with third party vulnerability scanners.
    2- Detect when accounts are added in the local administrators’ group.
    3- Manage Windows end point firewall from Defender ATP.
    4- Detect/block abnormal traffic behavior such as command and control.
    5- Pull computer objects from AD and alert when Defender ATP is not installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Skype Business PSTN users to pick up a colleagues phone line

Allow Skype for Business PSTN users to pick up other colleagues phone lines when away from the desk. Same concept as having a secretary (or someone else) answer a phone, put it on hold and someone else picking up that call from their handset.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Office 365 Non-Profit Donation

Hi Ali

Just a recap on the progress of Office 365 for non-profits.

From your previous email with the links attach I eventually worked out that nothing is actually for free, the point I missed was that the software still had to be purchased although at a discount, which we are still not able to afford. So I will not be using the portal in the future.

This was a bit of a letdown as I was hoping that Microsoft could have made a minimum package of Excel, Word and PowerPoint available for non-profits as a gift. But business is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Documents - Should Have the Folder path as automically populated metadata inside a Library

When we create a view without folders, it is very difficult to determine where the files resides in the folder hierarchy. Similar concern occurs when a set of files are found in search results.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to disable connected services --- SharePoint sites in office365 ProPlus desktop client

How to disable connected services --- SharePoint sites in office365 ProPlus desktop client

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base