Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Create a support.office.com training article for all Office versions following 2013

Provide an Office training article for every new version of Office that details Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced user functions. Example: Office 2013 training resource: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/office-2013-training-8e46a033-1123-46e8-b3b9-57d30f91119f?wt.mc_id=otc_home

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make sign out button

I have two account - my company's and my customer's. And I have to switch between them all the time. But it is not so easy. When I receive an email which has a link in it I often can't access it because I'm logged in to another account. And there is no easy way to sign out and sign in to proper one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a Library Template keeping column default values (including folder level)

We have standard folder structure we use for our projects, and a standard content type. We use column defaults at the library and folder level. However, when we use the library to create a template, the defaults don't carry over. The folders are there, but the defaults all need to be set.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display the top image of the video as the thumbnail automatically in Office365 Video

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 ビデオのサムネイルにて動画の最初の画面が表示されない動作について

Display the top image of the video as the thumbnail automatically in Office365 Video
    ■Description(内容):
    Office 365 ビデオのサムネイルについて"動画をアップロードしてから自動的に動画のトップ画面がサムネイルとして表示される、もしくはサムネイルの管理設定にて動画のトップ画面が選択できる状態" となるよう改善してほしい。
    詳細内容:
    動画がチャンネルにアップロードされた後、自動的にサムネイルに設定される画像が動画のトップ画面にならない。
    サムネイルの管理設定から変更しよう思っても、トップの画面が出てこない場合がある。
    動画のトップ画面のスクリーンショットを取得してから、アップロードして設定することは可能だが、 本来は手動ではなく、アップロードしてから自動的にビデオの最初の画面がサムネイルとして表示される動作が望ましいので動作を改善してほしい。

I have noticed that the automatically generated thumbnail will not be the top image of the video when I upload the video to the channel. I tried to change the thumbnail manually from the list of pre-generated thumbnails in “Manage” menu in Office365 Video, however, sometimes the top image of the video is not even included in the list. Although I can set the top image as the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save Review/Track Changes Markup Options with document. Starting over each time is a real nuisance.

Some change tracking only needs to follow insertions/deletions and not formatting - especially since tracking format and comments 'shrinks' the viewing area for the doc. Having to reset Options every time a doc is opened makes editing/tracking that much more difficult and time consuming. If Options were saved with the doc, then resetting each time wouldn't be necessary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. freetext search for 'folder name' in outlook when filing an email.

for heavy business users with lots of folders, moving and filing can be a pain with unnecessary scrolling and clicking. an idea would be to enable freetext search when selecting 'move' email that would quickly search for the folder/subfolder name and allow the email to drop. An extension to that would be to recommend other emails in the conversation to also be filed once one is (however, this can be optional).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Users To Change Their Own Profile Pic With OWA Deactivated

Allow Office365 users to edit their own profile pic, when (Office on the web), OWA has been disabled.

The ability for users to edit their own profile pic from portal.office.com was recently removed by Microsoft. This feature should be made available again, so that user's can edit their own pic.

Without this feature, Office365 administrators must change every user's profile pic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Toggle notifications for Outlook shared or delegate folders

We have crucial alerts that come in via a shared folder, but notifications for shared folders is turned off by design. We understand that's great for a lot of people, but we really need these notifications to make sure we don't miss these alerts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Word and Excel, make the colored bar (blue / green) down the left side of the File tab wider ...

... to allow more of the filenames that appear at the bottom to be visible. Currently the bar is so narrow as to make the listing file names useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allowing background picture in the page section area on SharePoint Online pages

Please add capabilities allowing pictures to be added to the background of SharePoint page sections.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please stop removing menu shortcuts from the taskbar with every upgrade / change

Please stop removing menu shortcuts from the taskbar with every upgrade / change of office 365. I like to have Excel, Word and Powerpoint as shortcuts directly in the taskbar. Every now and then (after changes or updates) I need to re-place the shortcuts on the taskbar... this is very annoying from a user perspective.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. licensing issue: despite current license, office 365 business premium desktop apps dont allow access

Recently I started my computer offline and couldn't open my outlook or work on Word, excel etc. Reason: office 365 could not verify my license expiry (expiry is after 11 months of the date of error). And so I could not use the apps I paid for and has a current license. Talking to the technician who fixed after calling and waiting for 5 hours for support, said this is a common issue.

Really frustrating! I am considering moving to Google for business as I can't have my business be affected once a month (apparently microsoft checks licensing status every…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hebrew support

When you open a .txt file in SharePoint, the text is all messed up because of the text encoding.
    In addition, Every text field in 365 Forms is left-aligned, and when you edit to align the text to the right it doesn't save the change. That leads to very inconvenient reading, especially with hebrew(or other RTL languages) mixed with english.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 7z password recovery online free

If you think how to remove the password from the 7z archive then don’t take any kind of tension just download Stella 7z password recovery online free tool to recover lost 7z password and remove password protection from 7z file database safely.

Read more:-https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. tHE WESTCHESTER,COUNTY BEELINE VAN TRANSIT SERVICES

yOU KNOW,THE wESTCHESTER COUNTY BEELINE,VAN TRANSIT SERVICES,CONTINUE TO COME TO HIROO'S NEIGHBORHOOD AND THE TOWN OF EASTCHESTER UNTIL aL kroKGER,BOB LITWAK SEE HIROO GETS ON THIS VAN AND GO BACK TO THE STERLING CLUB COMMUNITY CENTER IN WHITE PLAINS!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Receive text alerts for Exchange Online incidents

Text alerts would alert for Exchange Online incidents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need OneNote iOS app to open notebook for external users

We have committee members who are not part of our sharepoint who need access to the shared notebook. They should be able to open it on their iPads, but they cannot. The error message reads: Cannot Open Notebook. And offers the option to click OK, but it's not really an option since it's the only option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple company integration

I own multiple companies that are all using 365. I recently incorporated Planner, Teams, and full working file storage into one of my companies as a way to help with difficult project and communication issues.

Because we own multiple companies and need to maintain several email addresses, my partner and I are struggling with expanding our use of Planner, Teams and other 365 features. Currently we have multiple 365 accounts, as a result we can only have our Teams app logged into one. If we utilize Teams for more then one company this presents an issue with getting the notification…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Gujarati Page numbering

I would like to have an option to enter Page number in Gujarati instead og Arabic numbering.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base