Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the feature to grant a permission to view a specific calendar but not to display its items in Exchange Online

I would like you to add the feature to allow users to view a specific calendar but not to allow them to view its calendar items.

Currently, if you set the permission level to None, ”No Reply” message is appeared. It looks like the calendar is not responding and many users get confused if there is something wrong with its network. If you can grant a permission to view a calendar without its calendar items, this sort of issue can be prevented.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Explain when fraud checks are expected for legitimate messages

In my custom domain hosted by Office 365, when I send an e-mail from the custom domain to a Google Groups list for which I am also a member of that list, I receive a copy of the sent message with the "sender failed our fraud detection checks" message.

Following the guidance on that message, I'm able to get little additional information, so I opened a case with support. After confirming the domain settings were correct and spending hours tweaking settings in the SPF and DMARC records for the domain, Microsoft concluded that this behavior of receiving fraud alerts for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add suite number for emergency location

When setting up a new Emergency Location in Skype for Business Voice (Online) currently there is no ability to specify an office's Suite Number. If there are multiple suites in a building, first responders will not know where the call is originating from based solely on the address of the building (I learned this after 911 was called and could not find our suite).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow admins to allow specific users access to usage counts without being an admin; not detailed logs.

Usage counts is not a technical admin function. These should be available to those that need to see the bigger picture, for reports / those that create reports. Admins should have the ability to assign who has access. This would not include details on who has done what.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I do not "evolve" with all of you in the vocabulary! What is "YAMMER"?

I do not "evolve" with all of you in the vocabulary! What is "YAMMER"?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search functionality in the Calendar in Outlook on the web needs to be improved

Search functionality in the Calendar in Outlook on the web can only search items with prefix matching. Please add a search option to search items with partial-matching and the Boolean operators such as AND and/or OR).

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug Fix - Outlook 2016 (O365) - Coming Soon

When the new 'coming soon' feature is enabled in outlook Shared inboxes and Junk mail folders disappear from the favourites area and it is not possible to add them back

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Friendly

リストやライブラリの列の表示形式をフレンドリにした場合、ビューのスタイルを既定のビュー以外に変更すると、フレンドリ形式が維持されず、年月日表示になっています。
    [既定] 以外のスタイルに設定した場合もフレンドリ形式の表示が維持されるように希望

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add support for Outlook and Exchange server "Contains" rules on Sender Display Name

It's quite typical for notification e-mails generated by 3rd party services and delivered via SMTP (like JIRA) to come from “no-reply@<somedomain>” address with different display names.
    Standard FROM field in an SMTP message contains both the e-mail address and optional display name.
    Exchange and Outlook have ability to separate e-mail from display name.
    But when it comes to rules, there is no mechanism to filter on the “display name” and not the address.
    For example, "Contains" rule on the FROM field in Outlook is useless when dealing with e-mail notifications that come from the same address with different display names…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Calendar

When we have events spanning multiple days SharePoint only shows the event name and does not show timing ie start time & end time for the event

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PLANNER

QUE EN LA APLICACIÓN PLANER SE PUDIERAN COPIAR TAREAS QUE PUEDAN SER REPETITIVAS Y NO SE TENGAN QUE CREAR UNA Y OTRA VEZ

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Conditional Access Policy impacting thrid-party App

We recently made changes in the O365 conditional access for External Apps and users. We ensured that we exclude the Required App from the policy, however the policy impacted the functioning of the 3rd party, even if we disabled the policy, it is still keep blocking the Apps from functioning. BTW, we are suing Nintex WF App.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A device for Suss Education's Web lessons.

We suggest that Microsoft Corp. develops and produce a device to distribute Suss Education's Web lessons at low price and high quality for the public in layman's terms. The description of the device: It will be readable and writable and a phone and has enough screen to watch the Web lessons. Its operating system is Windows based. The price will be very low and sold to the public at very low margin. It will be sold by Suss Education via its website: www.suss.education worldwide. We will begin in Africa to market the device. Its name could be Suss Education's Web…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A warning when a PowerBi space, from a Teams team, is deleted....

Hello. I suggest that when a user deletes a PowerBi space that corresponds to a Teams team; because she does not intend to use this space; she has at least a clear warning to say that she will also remove the entire Team! If we compare, it exists for other applications, including Planner. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow replication of site collection

we need a way to allow the replication of a site collection. this will help for testing for example and other scenario. this was possible on SharePoint Server by copying a content database and restore it to a new site collection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add-ins uploaded for "My Organization" from admin panel only work for Excel on desktop

Hi,
    I created an add-in for my organization and uploaded it on 365/admin/settings and made it available to everyone.
    As I understand from your support team this add-in is only available to Excel pro plus users on the desktop and not to Excel online users which is a big limitation. Please fix this.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeo365admin-msomanage/office-365-add-in/5d9fe309-807c-46ab-af9c-d10f2424ba05

He is a detailed support link on this topic.

Thanks
    Dharmesh

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Flow: Trigger for MS Teams new conversation is marked URGENT

I would like a trigger in Flow where I could set it to activate(?) whenever a new conversation in a channel is marked as URGENT.

We are using a flow to send text messages (in the form of emails sent to cell phone numbers - xxxx@vtext.com for Verizon) to Team members if a new conversation is started in a certain channel (Emergency notifications). The contact of the sender of the email (text) is set on the members' phones with the "emergency bypass" setting activated so their phone gives an audio notification even if their phone is on silent. It would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for customized default document setup for new documents.

Every time a new document is opened it reverts back to original setup. Allow for default setup that will not change each time a new document is opened.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Developer fields to work online (drop down options)

Allow drop down options or text fields to work when using online word.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let access request be handled by site owners and use multiple email addresses for site owners

Access request only works for site collection admins while supporting multiple mail addresses. Please make same feature available for site owners when permissions are broken.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base