Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add horizontal scrollbar support to excel csv import wizzard on mac regardless of system scrollbar setting

I Use Office 365 for Mac. I dreaming about if there were a way you cloud add a horizontal scrollbar to the CSV import wizard in excel. This would help to specify the field type when the CSV content wider than the window is. This could work in a way that it would ignore the system scrollbar setting of my mac and display a horizontal scrollbar whenever the content wider as the window is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Implementation of a function to sort the objects by the information associated with display names in OAB

I would like you to add the function to sort the objects such as users or groups in offline address book (OAB) by the information associated with display names such as a user name or a department name on Outlook Client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Both "New" buttons on the site pages should have same behavior in SharePoint

If a new "Site Page" is created from the top ribbon, our company banner/logo is missing, but when a new "Site Page" is created through the "+New" from the library, it works! Both the "New" buttons on the page is not behaving the same. Well, Microsoft have identified this as a known issue/bug.
    I would like them to look into the possible solution to fix this bug.
    To me when i create a site page, it should behave the same and not inconsistent behavior. Hoping to see the resolution soon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Excel freeze when you Group or Ungroup raws

After the last update of Office 365 in October 2019 I have problem with the Excel file. When I open one specific file where I use function "Group and Ungroup" rows and I do not work with this file same time and after I want to "Group or Ungroup" rows the Excel FREEZE. To use Excel again, I have to close all excel files and open them again. It bothers me very much at work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Alert when onedrive have a problem

I experiment for the second time in two month a sync problem which is not referenced in the help support. When I create a file online, it does sync and appear on ondrive computer. but but I create a file on the computer, it do sync and do not appear online. One drive keep saying "processing change". it seems to be asynchrone issue. But there is no alert that onedrive meet a problem so the problem become bigger and bigger and make a big mess in the file organisation until the day i understand the issue. So first I would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show that a file or PDF has already been printed before.

I was thinking that a feature similar to the one that shows that an email was responded to but for files or PDF's that have already been printed. This would save a lot of paper and the old " I printed it out already and gave you the invoice argument".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. we want to share external contacts to selected users and let it updated automatically

we want to be able to create and share external contacts directory to selected users and the external contacts directory can be updated automatically in users' directory and it can be accessible in outlook, webmail and mobile device.
    However, now in office 365 portal, contacts in office 365 will appear in all user's global list. We want some users to get access to some contacts not all organization contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support Automatic Graphics Switching with Teams on MacOS

Teams is not correctly supporting the automatic graphics switching feature for Mac systems with dual-graphics cards. This creates a condition when the system is unable to transition back to the integrated gpu, keeping the dedicated gpu active which roughly halves battery runtime. The only solution now is to quit teams and re-launch which will then make it run on the igpu. This is a known issue for apps running on MacOS with OpenGL calls that have not been compiled correctly.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2229/_index.html

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/informationpropertylist/nssupportsautomaticgraphicsswitching

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Invite external guests to a unscheduled Teams meeting

Invite external guests to a unscheduled Teams meeting

Currently, we can only invite internal company contacts to a unscheduled Teams meeting. External contacts cannot be found.

It would be nice to have the same functionality as a scheduled meeting. Here we are able to invite internal and external contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. IP restriction for specific users so they cant login out side office premises

specific users whom u dont want to allow login from out side office , u may allow them with ip restriction and they may not able to login from any other ip or devices mobile

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop Office disconnecting my accounts every 24 hours?

Stop Office disconnecting my accounts every 24 hours?

I am Global Admin on 3 Organisations/Tenants and login with 3 accounts plus my Microsoft Account to use them all.

Since early August. I now get logged out of all accounts except one, very 24 hours.

Revert back to software that has been working for years.

I have been working through this with Office 365 Support and cannot resolve the issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include “sections” feature in PowerPoint online

In the desktop app you can section your slide deck which creates a good overview when you collapse large decks. Please import this feature to online version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Outlook on the web: wrap text in calendar entries

Wrap text in Calendar appointments in Outlook on the web, where the entry is big enough

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a portal for the users to access their blocked emails in the quarantine folder.

The users should be able to logon and review all emails addressed to them that are held in the Quarantine folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enabling the Show &weather on the calendar feature to work properly to show whether information in Outlook client

It would be great if whether information is shown properly in Outlook client when Show &weather on the calendar feature is enabled. At this moment, some of weather information is not shown in calendar on Outlook client even when the feature is enabled, which is inconvenient. It seems information shown here varies per Location selected.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keine Telemetriedaten

Ich bin entschieden dagegen, dass Microsoft "Diagnosedaten" (Telemetrie) über meinen Gebrauch von Office erhebt. Mir wird aber keine Möglichkeit geboten, dies abzulehnen. Für die Verwendung von Office zahle ich Geld, es ist kein "Gratisprodukt". Dies ist Nötigung.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A TRUE Title Case option for fonts

Would like to see a TRUE Title Case option as opposed the current "Capitalize ALL words" - that is not the same. In Title case, only the principal words are capitalized, not articles (a, an, the), conjunctions (e.g., and, but, or) or prepositions (e.g., on, in, with).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Exchange Online MFA/2FA

Include in this document if Exchange Online has MFA/2FA by default or not. If not, what customers should do or should have In order for them to activate this service.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide "outsider" direct access to specific files on the Business OneDrive

Provide direct access to specific files on the Business OneDrive to "customers" outside the Business Domain without the requirement of "sign-in" so they may use the user specific information on their own computers similar to DropBox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base