Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Enable Buildout of a Public Website within 90 days.

We recently started a business and registered the domain through Office 365 due to its supposed "business friendly" nature. However, when trying to launch a public facing website, we were informed by customer support that this cannot happen within 90 days of purchase -- until the domain can be effectively transferred. Now our company is forced to either pay for another domain at a separate, different domain address than desired, or to forgo public web presence for 90 days until eligible for transfer under Microsoft rules. Does this seem user-friendly for young companies? Certainly not. Microsoft should enable the build…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow customization of the message sent on an encrypted email (company branding)

Would like to make the message that a client gets when we encrypt an email not look so 'spammy' or 'phishy' by customizing the verbiage and putting our company logo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In One Drive app, if an user can scan and add a document in already saved pdf file in a folder later on, that would help to organize!

In One Drive app, if an user can scan and add a document in already saved pdf file in a folder later on, that would help to organize!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop proofing language (in PowerPoint) changing automatically to keyboard layout language

As mentioned above, PowerPoint changes text proofing language automatically to whatever keyboard layout you're using, rather than what you set in Options - Languages, or Review - Languages. This is surely not intended behaviour and needs the option of being turned off.

I've been told to post here by a customer rep on the Office 365 helpdesk.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better overview of permissions set to (sub)folders in Outlook

If I want to see what permissons I have given to folders and subfolders of my Inbox, I have to open them one by one.
    I would like to see a quick overview in an complete outline.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Outlook premium & Office 365 - Charging Twice

I have Outllook premium subscription from July 4, 2012

And i subscribed Office 365 Personal on August 8, 2017

And i got renewal notification for Outlook Premium which i renewed October 5, 2017

August 9, 2018 Office 365 Personal renewed again

October 5, 2018 Outllook Premium renewed again

August 8, 2019 Office 365 Personal renewed again

Outlook Premium Expired on 9/5/2019 - Getting renewal notice from microsoft

Now Isn't Outlook premium coming with Office 365 Personal?

Shouldn't Microsoft have informed me you already have this feature instead of sending me renewal notice?
    Why have Microsoft Charged me twice for a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Word do things - but often not that, what you want...

My favorite every new Wordeinstellung, annoying me like this:
    Capitalize every sentence after a point. Take out the hoes. So I can be sure that after a e.g. Also the "A" in also remains small (as here in the example). Further examples: etc. u.a. etc. - Logical - for Word apparently still not.

It costs time and nerves, if one has to do that with several PC's / Notebooks / Laptops etc. The function that I want to have the hook outside is stored only locally. The best is, however, if you notice the whole thing only when it is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. include title in tickets

I often have multiple tickets open at the same time. By default Microsoft always uses the ticket no as subject when mailing forth and back.
    It is very difficult to differentiate tickets based on the no and it would help enormously to have a short title added to the email subject

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Microsoft Word

Microsoft Word should have a similar Excel capability of a worksheet/workbook- for those who use Word and may not have access to OneNote. This way individuals could toggle between old/new Word Documents without (ideally) having to have multiple Word Documents open.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. IWORD Highlight, exsisting color selections are very dark. Add a button to decrease color 25% or 50%.

In WORD the Highlight tool has few existing color selections that you can read text through. Most are very dark. Add a button to decrease color 25% or 50% that would help one read the word or text through the highlight selected. What about adding More Colors like is available in the Font tool.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement a feature to hide the Suggested times when editing the event

Need implementing a feature to hide the Suggested times when editing the event on Outlook on the web. This feature can prevent users from changing the times by mistake.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SharePoint left hand nav-suggest for link to open in new tab

It would be beneficial if the a left-hand navigation item on a SharePoint site which is just a URL would open that new website in a different tab, rather than overriding the SharePoint site.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support the ability to move videos between channels

Support the ability to move videos between channels

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. SharePoint - Wanna see automaticlaly on opening screen all the site in alphabet order, which I have right to.

We have users who get rights for or company sites / shared documents. But they don't have a full look of the sites, a directory tree, with they could see all the sites / document they have rights to. They want to see all sites / storages, like in a folder tree in windows exlorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have the chat room on skype business as a standard or groups you that can speak to each other

Business skype doesnt have chat room facility on it or you cannot have group members talk to each other. the basic skype that everyone has can do that but the paid business skype cannot

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. bug

When resetting the password in the New Administration Center, it does not change the address for sending to the next user. As an alternative, it was suggested that you use the old Administration Center.

Please fit this bug

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow emailing links to synced OneDrive documents via Attach File --> recent items in a new email

When composing a new email and selecting attach file you are presented with a list of all of your previously accessed files. (both cloud and local) This is a great feature however it is limiting that any file that you open up in your synced local OneDrive directory on your machine attach as just attachments rather than being able to attach a link of the file.

We are trying to promote the idea of being able to provide direct links to cloud saved files from this list of recently accessed files and having an inconsistent experience here is not helping…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Codec missing in order to use screen recording feature in PowerPoint

I love this screen recording feature; however, it relies on codec which is missing on my machine. In order to get it working, I was told to download an EXE from a web site and to execute on my machine with worrying. Why not including the required codec in Office package so that people will not jump through hoops and worry about executable with possible virus? (Note, I am not trying to convert any existing videos)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. more then 99 channels in a Team

We use teams with sales and would like to have the admin option to go beyond the 100 channels that are set now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)