Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Activate Mca Antivirus with Key

To activate McAfee software you must have an account on McAfee. So you should create an account by using a unique e-mail id and password. You have to enter some of your personal information like name, user id, phone no etc all those are extremely required for creating an account on a website. If you already have registered with McAfee then you can skip this sign in process. Then you have to log in for downloading and activating your McAfee security software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Request for design change: Specific dates on calendar are highlighted randomly in Outlook on the web

It is the known behavior that specific dates are shown in color on the calendar page; however, some of them are randomly highlighted somehow. It is easy for us to get believe that there is a special event on that day and it’s very confusing. It would be great if I can control the feature by the admin/user setting.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Login to Office365 Education (or Business) from microsoft.com

Currently, if we try to login to Office365 from office.com, we can login to either Education(business) or Personal account. However, if we try to login from microsoft.com, it only let us login to Personal account. It should allow redirect to Education or Business account as well, just like it does on office.com.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. [Teams] Don't send message when pressing Enter

when pressing enter, Teams send message. But the behavior of pressing Enter is absolutely not unified so that We need Option not to send message when pressing Enter.

Please add this Option in Teams

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. outlook

from outlook 2010 to outlook 2016, there is a problem with manage print in calendar. In printer in weekly calendar I don't view check in activity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please provide clear literature for major retailers regarding the terms of O365 vs Perpetual

Ever since Microsoft and other Software companies moved to more SaaS and subscription models, I've become more questioning of terms and conditions of subscriptions. This time last year, I purchased multiple O365 subscription keys off the shelf between retailers like Microcenter and Target. At times of purchase, I was assured by the sales staff, that while the subscription would give the latest Office updates, that if the subscription was not renewed, the products would still be available for use; just not receive updates past expiration. Today, I'm sitting with 3 personal systems throwing expiration notices and Excel won't so much…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add Fax capability or identify a partner to offer an add-in or plug-in for Fax (ideally offering a la carte rather than monthly pricing)

Add Fax capability or identify a partner to offer an add-in or plug-in for Fax (ideally offering a la carte rather than monthly pricing)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. create a math mode in word based on excel

Why not have a kind of live math mode in Word, whereby anytime you use latex symbols such as $$ or directly typing \int_0^1 \alpha... converts the symbols to the correct math?

There could even be an on/off switch for this mode in case people don't like it.

It would be an improvement from inserting an equation editor... perhaps at leasat for in-line equations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the creation of meetings and meeting requests from email accounts associated with aliases.

I am the administrator for a small business with 5 employees. We have a brand which is our primary domain and a company name which I have had to set up as aliases in order to be able to receive and send emails from company email addresses. However, I am unable to create and send meeting requests from the company email addresses and when I put meetings in to the calendar associated with the aliases, they appear to come from the primary account. It would be extremely useful to be able to create calendar entries in a secondary calendar from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix the number of hours of a day displayed in Outlook on the web

I would like to fix the default number of hours that can be displayed with the Day view in the calendar to 12 hours. This will allow users to see 12 hours of the day in their calendar in one view without being affected by the screen resolution or the browser zoom level.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to receive OneDrive notifications without Exchange license

Currently if the setup of your company includes MX records pointing outside of Microsoft and your license doesn't include Exchange license there is no option to receive notifications when files are shared.

This is a product limitation as I understand Email will need that license but for notifications generated elsewhere there shouldn't be required to have an email license.

Also note that the basic option to redirect the notifications elsewhere should be available.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. fix the lost email recovery system and the ability to work with online archive from mail app - bringing emails back to inbox if wish to

emails got frozen & deleted when I was cleaning up mailbox from iPhone - had to bring back entire email inbox 188,000! also it made extra copies up to 7 of identical emails! there should be away to bring back just your activity from say that day if can't do by time frame such as 7-9 pm - ridiculous have to bring back every single email on the system for a short time period of work?!!!! also the online archive does not work well in real time - if it's on your mac office under the inboxes and there is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom background

Please let us choose a custom JPG/PNG as a background, tailor email to our wants and needs!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. not easy to install

Please credit account not easy to install took too much time for me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. : Part of our due diligence on all of our vendors is to review their cyber security posture. With that being said, we are hoping that Micros

: Part of our due diligence on all of our vendors is to review their cyber security posture. With that being said, we are hoping that Microsoft would be willing to sign this Cybersecurity Addendum that is being requested of all our vendors. Can this be forwarded to the person responsible for signing this sort of document? thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Office groups - staying in the same page

Hi,
    When I click on one of my groups in my Outlook online (using Chrome), I have the standard view of the conversations. But if I want to see the files or the calendar, that make me jump into some other tabs. That is not comfortable at all.
    Could you make us stay in the page, please (like in Dynamics CRM) ?

Regards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Outlook in latest O365 has a bug

In the Outlook settings, under "Save Messages" there is an option for "When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply in the same folder". I just upgraded from Office 2016 Pro, and that box is still checked in O365, but all of my sent items are going to the Sent Items folder instead of stating in the original folder despite this being set. Please fix this bug. It's an irritation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. give ability to edit which fields appear on SharePoint event list details page so you can hide fields that contain private event info

give ability to edit which fields appear on SharePoint event list details page so you can hide fields that contain private event info. For example if you have a leave calendar, we only want the approver and person submitting request to reason for the request. But others should be able to still see when person is off on calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to Fix HP Laptop Startup Error

Startup error means the booting problems that often occur as soon as you try to turn on your system. As a result, Windows fails to perform and you fail to switch on your system. If you want to get proper information about HP Laptop Startup Error, then you need to click on this link: https://www.hpsupport247.com/blog/how-to-fix-hp-laptop-startup-error/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base