Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Office 365 authentication blank screen

After a recent update March 2018? I cannot use the signin window in Office 365. Reinstalled the product but it now cannot activate. The signin window is blank and does not have the option to type a user ID. Systems that authentication expires after the update is applied cannot reauthenticate it instead shows subscription expired. Subscription is active in the Office.com portal.

I am running a fully patched Windows 10 system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include graphics with user instructions to show user where to find things

Make your product and your instructions "idiot proof" by making user instructions simple and clear. Include graphics so users know how to follow the instructions easily.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. extend the valid period of the survey after inquiry.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 :モダンサポートのお問い合わせの終了後のアンケートの有効期間が短いため、期間延長要望

■内容: モダンサポートのお問い合わせの終了後のアンケートの有効期間が短いため、連休等により確認が遅れた場合に、返信不可となるため、アンケートの有効期間延長を要望します。

Because of the short valid period of the survey after inquiry, there is a possibility that I might be even unable to give a reply to the questionnaire in case I am late for checking it due to consecutive holidays. Therefore, I hope the time period to be expanded.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. why my office files include Excel. word and power point when right click content menu it will disable within 2 seconds?

why my office files include Excel. word and power point when right click content menu it will disable within 2 seconds?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please fix the following problems in your KB4043961 Update

1 - This update caused my Google Chrome link to break, so whenever tried to open Chrome (my default browser either from the Chrome Link or from within an email, I would only get a black screen.

2- I use Quick steps to move emails to Tasks. After this update, the emails inside my tasks could no longer be opened as it said I did not have permission anymore. The message is below this information.

We had to revert back to an earlier version of Windows and disable all updates. That fixed the problems, but I am not happy that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ToDo: Change Owner

It should be possible to change a lists owner so that the previous owner can delete the list without deleting the list for all shared collegues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide the public information about the Trusted Sites required for services in Office 365

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office 365 サービスについての信頼済みサイトの公開情報を希望します。

Provide the public information about the Trusted Sites required for services in Office 365

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 において、各サービスに必要な信頼済みサイトを定期的に確認できるよう、信頼済みサイトについての公開情報を強く希望します。

I strongly hope the public information about the Trusted Sites in order to confirm regularly the trusted sites required for each service in Office 365.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. use wrong office credential open the OneDrive file, i cannot receive any hint about htis

I have different account in the OneDrive and office only can remember two accounts. When I open the files in wrong accounts, it won`t give me a hint to let me know this. it only can save my change in local and cannot sync to the OneDrive cloud. I think this is unreasonable. Can you just design a function to hint me that office account is not same with the OneDrive account, that I can try to switch it handily.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Captcha

Any chance of putting a captcha into the Contact Us App?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give us a way to disable the 'Install Outlook Mobile' option when setting up an outlook account

New versions of Office 365 (click to run) offer to install Outlook mobile on a phone. We don't allow that in our environment. We need a way to stop it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Teams unread item work like it does in OneNote

Find it hard to find where new items have been posted in Teams. Not so in OneNote, very easy to see where I have unread items. Why not duplicate the unread item structure from OneNote?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CSV classification support in Azure Information Protection (AIP)

CSV classification support in Azure Information Protection (AIP)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Skype for Business

Desktop sharing is not possible for the invited participant when this Person has no Office 365 licence, so when using the web Interface of Skype for Business.
    I suggest to allow all external participant to share the Desktop when the host is allowing this in the settings of the conference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add calendar event notes to a Flow generated email

Add meeting notes to a Flow generated email. Currently you're not able to select Description or Notes as a dynamic content variable in a Flow in reference to a calendar event. Because of this when an email notification is created it can display things such as organizer/start time/end time/location..etc but not what's been typed in the notes/description of the calendar event. Using the Body variable displays an HTML string that doesn't include the notes/description of the calendar event.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If One Drive were also permanently backed up, an accidental deletion or deletion of all files by maleware would make 365 a compelling offerr

Permanent backups of One Drive would make Office 365 Business a very compelling offer against any Maleware deleting all files since Office 365 Business would, like any offsite backup system, permit restoration of deleted files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. highlight certain words

Create a function to highlight in a document. I may want to find and highlight certain words of a document that appear many times.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add in OWA when an event is created there is a time stamp that shows when the event was added to the calendar. This would really help

add in OWA when an event is created there is a time stamp that shows when the event was added to the calendar. This would really help our district as we only use OWA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove "Other user" option from Hello Logon page on Intune enrolled Windows 10 computer

For a customer we are busy to setup an intune managed Windows 10 laptop device.

Based on Microsoft Security Baseline & standards we prefer to introduce the more secure "Windows Hello" with a PIN code (instead of a user account logon based on email address+password).

Windows Hello seems to work, however we notice some unwanted things.

At the Hllo (PIN code) logon screen there is the option to choose "Other user".
    We don't want that option to be visible at all. We do not want another user be able to logon at this screen.

Also, beneath the PIN code entry…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories