Feedback by UserVoice

General

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the General UserVoice forum. This is your place to suggest ideas on how to improve features in Office 365 that don’t fit into any of the other forums listed here.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include one post per suggestion or idea

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the general features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Office365 forums in the O365 Community.

1. Allow Office 365 Small Business Premium to move to Office 365 Business

I am a Office 365 Small Business Premium user and the options I have to renew are limited to Business Essentials or Business Premium. The Office 365 Business is available as a new sign up but not as a renewal or any other option. I do not need the applications offered in Business Premium and the Business Essentials does not allow the Desktop applications. So the 1st option is too much and the 2nd is too little. The Office 365 Business would suit my requirements best but I am unable to get it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there any way in O365 to send a message to a computer by computer name? We have on premise AD synced to Azure AD.

Would like the ability to send messages with notifications on task bar to computers rather than to people. We have many shared computers and need to alert certain clinics of issues at the registration desk. This does not work sending to user accounts as they may be working elsewhere on any given day or not logged in at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shared with me files visible in Office apps when you open from OneDrive

Would be nice to be able to see Shared with me files in Office apps when you have OneDrive mapped. The open dialog browsing to your files in OneDrive doesn't show that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. to have an office 365 in english i had to download the office again, why is this?

tell me, now I had 2 office 365 one in dutch and one in English...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make 365 fully compatible with android phones. It's ludicrous that not even Contacts works on my Samsung Galaxy 8.

Make 365 fully compatible with android phones. It's ludicrous that not even Contacts works on my Samsung Galaxy 8. I've purchased I-Phones, Microsoft phones, and Samsung phones all on the sole quest of finding a phone that is actually fully compatible with 365. They all fail. How can you possibly release an app for a phone when the contacts don't work? Boo on Microsoft. And boo on the lack of accountability. 99% of the time your technicians try to blame the device or have you reinstall which will resolve some of the issues for a few days, but that's it.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I wish the next update for Microsoft Publisher would make a facelift for the 1st time sense back in 2001

The next update for Microsoft Publisher should make a facelift for the 1st time sense back in 2001 when Office XP got released. So, it should come with a new file format called .pubx then.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Uncertain topic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. free

Office for smartphone (iPhone) is advertised to be a free product.
    However if you have an O365 subscription without office included (eg Exchane online) then you can not use edit functionality in Excel/Word/.. on iPhone.
    If you create a free account without any subscription, then you can use all functionality in these app's.
    Does not seems logic to me. Now we need to even pay more on a office subscription (which we do not realy need) to allow using a free product.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Which is the BEST Tool that Convert Outlook to Office365

Which is the best Tool that Convert Outlook to Office365? Many tools available in the market. I use many tools but many tools are corrupt my folder and not good working many tools. please suggestion me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Users, Photos, Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide the permanent URL of the major menu pages in Outlook on the web

I would like you to provide the same URL of menu pages such as Calendar or People permanently because I’m wary of being inaccessible to those menu pages if the URL would be changed in the future.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show documents indexed via Cloud SSA in SharePoint Mobile App

The cloud SSA allows to index on premise content with SharePoint Online. But none of these documents can be searched from the SharePoint Mobile App

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Only show recipients of forwarded appointments not all attendees where the To: line is

We are encountering an issue where a meeting appointment that is forwarded is showing all attendees where the To: line would normally be. This is causing confusion for the users that has been sent the forwarded appointment as it appears that it was sent to all attendees of the meeting when in fact only the intended recipient received the message. It really should show only the recipient of the forwarded message and not all attendees.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Powerpoint should show beyond amount of slides also the amount of hidden/visible slides.

I have often a large slideset that contains some hidden slides that I will not have the time to show to the audicene. In lower lefthand corner of Powerpoint i can see the full amount of slides. In order to see how many I will show I have to do a manual count on the amount of hidden slides.
    It woule be great if Powerpoint could show "Slide 8 of 15 (7 visible)" instead of just" Slide 8 of 15"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Microsoft Teams permita agregar masivamente los miembros de los equipos

Quisiera sugerir que la aplicación Microsoft Teams permita agregar masivamente los miembros de los equipos (Para mi caso particular, en las clases), ya que se hace tedioso agregar uno a uno, cuando un docente tiene que crear varias clases con grupos de estudiantes de mas de 20 estudiantes.
    Quisiera sugerir que se pueden cargar las listas de estudiantes desde una archivo .csv o .txt.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Type is beautiful

Type is beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4HjltaEV2E

Alongside the Bold, Italic and Underline options, please could we have Light, Medium and Extra Bold options added? People are more aware of type these days, and it would be wonderful if we could democratise great design; Akzidenz Grotesue, Avenir, Avant Garde, Bell Gothic, Bodoni, Bembo, Caslon, Clarendon, Courier, Din ittelschrift, Franklin Gothic, Frutiger, Futura, Garamond, Gill Sans, Gotham, Helvetica, Letter Gothic, Memphis, Meta, OCRB, Rockwell, Sabon, Trade Gothic, Trajan, Univers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. recurring events

Please give us the option to disable recurring meeting no end date for o365 OWA. I can do it for Outlook via group policy, but I cannot disable it if user is using OWA. I can for my on prem servers via a registry hack, but I do not have access the servers in o365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sharepoint Online - Add other documents/files as attachment to one file

Within a sharepoint online library it should be possible, to link various files together.

We see two possibilities:
    - either have an additional metadata field, to put in several links to other files within sharepoint
    - or have an additional metadata field, to add other files as attachment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display Unique view of all mails from all mailbox in Outlook (desktop version)

Display in Outlook (desktop version) all mails of each mailbox in one view same than exist in app Outlook for Android or IOS.
    Let the possibility to view the mail separately in each mailbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable photo sync to Onedrive for Business

I'm a small business owner and I use my camera for business all the time, but MS won't allow me to sync my photos to O365. I don't want to pay for a second "personal" one drive when I'm already paying for space that I hardly use!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base